BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why are people mentioning lambert, rodgers and adkins, these guys went somewhere with their previous clubs, promotion cup semi-finals, i have said and i will say again the likes of dickov, robinson and hill have achieved NOTHING so far!!!

We mentioned him a bit before but he falls into the Simon Grayson etc category of good options but we have no idea if they're interested or we're interested.

Keith Hill has been championed a bit from people who know enough about him.....Ince is a shocking manager who although done well at Macclesfield and MK Dons, was terrible at us, MK Dons the 2nd time and Notts County......although most would either love an experienced manager (or Shearer ffs) I don't think we should be totally against a "lower league manager" like Hill or Robinson.

A lot of managers start their careers at lower levels....it's the smart thing to do imo......Lambert managed Livingston. Wycombe and Colchester......Rodgers was at Watford and Reading.....Martinez managed Swansea in League 1....Di Matteo was at MK Dons.....Moyes at Preston....Adkins started at Bangor City.....McDermott at Slough Town and Woking.....O'Neill at teams worse than that......Allardyce at Limerick, Notts County etc and even Ferguson started his career at East Sterlingshire before going to St Mirren.

What if clubs didn't gamble on them? Every managerial appointment is a gamble anyway.....the foreign ones with a better CV won't be experienced in English football.....apart from Sven who failed at Leicester......the up-and-coming ones won't have enough experience.....even highly rated ones like OGS.

I'm against Keane, Shearer, Ince, Kidd and Sven....anyone else is fair game, although obviously I'd prefer some to others.

I agree with some of that, especially about giving the up and coming guys a chance. The problem is we are drinking in the last chance saloon, I'm not sure we can afford another gamble after the Kean keanup.

we have all seen G M tweets re Shebbys comments tonight,but so far nothing has been decided,like Glenn said they do tend to change their minds pretty often.

Didn't certain people lead Glen to be very, very confident that Keanouted was going the weekend before he finally did, only for Madam to intervene? Never underestimate the power of Mrs D to defy logic!

Sounds to me like they want another manager in the Kean mould.

Let's just hope it's only Singh who wants this, who i'm convinced think's he's the DoF at Barcelona. His ego is out of control, makes JW look like a Saint (as close as he was already). Singh needs to go once a new man is appointed. Joker.

why are people mentioning lambert, rodgers and adkins

Because before Norwich, Swansea and Southampton appointed them, they hadn't do anything of note.

They then went on to lead to their sides to promotion. The point being, the likes of Robinson/Freedman could do the same for us.

Because before Norwich, Swansea and Southampton appointed them, they hadn't do anything of note.

They then went on to lead to their sides to promotion. The point being, the likes of Robinson/Freedman could do the same for us.

Whilst I agree with this, it's not worth appointing a man who will be a larger risk than others given the fact that the club is screwed if we don't get promoted. Those sides didn't have the pressure of needing promotion. Old hands to steer this ship and IF we go up, then you reevaluate. I don't understand how this concept is so difficult for those at the club to grasp.

yes lechuck they went to clubs with no realistic aims of promotion, they didnt have the clubs future riding on it, we need to be back in the premierleague, what they achieved was mircaculous but not at clubs that expect to be in the top flight

why dont we mention john coleman if we are talking promotions, play-offs etc, he has rochdale in and around the play-off places, would we want him? no!! so whats the difference?

OGS MUCH more intelligent than Shearer and Ince. Shearer would be a motivator but I'm afraid not much more. OGS like Hughes 10 years ago. Looks like McCarthy or MacLeish for Bolton. Good! We need a younger manager. Curbishly and Schuster on the way down. Schuster and Klinsmann too expensive. We need someone clever with a bit of experience who has something to prove. Someone on the way up. So 1) OGS. 2) Sherwood.

i would take ogs,(but he aint british) i would take freedman but he wouldnt come here in a millions years according to itk's

rovermagic? to expensive? are you paying for the new manager's appointment? im sure a few millions will really cost venkys in the bigger picture of non-promotion

typical, is this of certain fans. all cos you dont get your choice as manager. Im walking away.

You are suppose to support your club!!!

I personally think Karl Robinson will make a top manager. Hopefully if he gets the job at Rovers he do what Hughes did.

But who knows, The owners might change their minds and go for an experience manager. only time will tell

I don't like this attitude. Sitting back quietly and letting Venkys make a mess of things and then waiting for them to realise and act on it spells doom for this club.

Much better that we scream loudly before they balls it up. True, they might always go ahead anyway but recent evidence would seem to suggest that they are concerned about attendances and might be looking to appease us.

Best let our feelings be known as loudly as possible now e.g. appoint Black and I'll never set foot in Ewood again till the whole stinking pile of them have left.

rovermagic i would take any of those over the names we have been talking about but we need experience at this time not another gamble

exacltly 47er, some fans are prepared to lie back with their mouths open and swallow any old crap that dropped into their gobs!!

But that just serves to show how far we've fallen. we shouldn't really be content now with ABK. That was what I thought I'd settle for too but now I realise that i want more. I don't want an ex player type to excite me but i do want a good solid manager, someone who has done a bit and knows what it will take to get out of this league, someone who can motivate a side lacking in confidence and generally downhearted. we, players and fans, need a lift. we need to feel we are in safe if not spectacular hands. we need to feel that we are valued and that togehter we can start to take back our club. I'll do my best to get behind whoever gets the job and I'll give them a fair chance because i always do in the end, even if they are not my choice, but I just hope they get this appointment right and the person chosen is someone who most of us can actually agree has a chance of doing a decent job.

To be honest, if the new manager isn't Steve Kean, I'm not going to be too disappointed...

+1

Absolutely. It's the tittle tattle and rumours over who has applied that annoys everyone. And the speed of it all. Yes it's vitally important we get the right man but bloody hell. Two days for a short list, a day to approach, two maybe three days to interview. Then appoint. It's nearly day 12 since he walked out on his team, yet short list drawn up by Thursday? That's nearly two weeks!

Even then it was, allegedly, agreed that he was being sacked two weeks yesterday! All signed off until a last minute "reprieve".

The mind boggles.

and bolton will get him, a well run club with people who know what they want

If well run means saddled with £100m of debt, then yes, they are a well-run club.

I think we just need to hang fire a little bit, I've no idea who they will choose for the job but don't trust their judgement. I think a level-headed,common sense appointment will be too much to wish for. Don't F it up Venkys.

I agree with some of that, especially about giving the up and coming guys a chance. The problem is we are drinking in the last chance saloon, I'm not sure we can afford another gamble after the Kean keanup.

I agree.....I have always wanted an experienced head also....I was just arguing it wouldn't be too bad.....certainly a lot better than ones with no experience such as Shearer, or failures such as Roy Keane.

Been away for a few days and spotted this name. Where on Earth has his name been mentioned? I'm shocked if he's in contention.

It hasn't sorry I was just mentioning the only names I would be totally against (until they were actually appointed that is).

According to GM's tweets since Kean's left, then this up and coming young English Manager is a young German called Trapatoni!

Even though that is amusing in fairness he does mention they always change their mind.

according to glen, we will be get a no-mark as a manager, someone up and coming (ie cheap and a yes man) also british, so expect, a paul dickov or hill, so we can forget about any decent manager because venkys are cheapasses

That's why Kean had the job and that's why he kept the job despite being useless. The next one will be no different, why would it. Bonkers as usual.

Archived