BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad to see you can relax! What a laid-back character you must be. Personally, I haven't relaxed since Venkys sacked Sam and I do not share your confidence about the right appointment being made.

The sacking of Allardyce has condemned Blackburn Rovers to life in the lower leagues ...

I have no faith in this set of clowns to select the right cat food , let alone a new football manager !

Shearer seen at Ewood !?!?!

I think even Shebby, Shaw & Agnew have sufficience commonsense to see any candidate away from either Ewood or Brockhall.

Perhaps not.

That really would depend on whether this was the first meeting/what had been discussed perviously elsewhere etc/how far along things are... I very much doubt shearer is At Ewood/Brockhall and i very much doubt he is a contender as i'm not sure he would put his hat into this circus. Not convinced by that TWEET

Shearer seen at Ewood !?!?!

I think even Shebby, Shaw & Agnew have sufficience commonsense to see any candidate away from either Ewood or Brockhall.

Perhaps not.

he is only a candidate if he applies, apparently

Robbo, Keane was as much a student of the game as you and me are Burnley supporters. to say it's a mistake based on nothing more than speculation is foolish. bringing in driven man with a decent track record to date and an obvious desire to better himself is good. kean thought he knew it all already and that football owed him, he still does. you get out what you put in and Keane put in nothing. if a model as suggested by kamy is true ie a manager to look after football and a performance director to look after everything else (fitness, nutrition, scouting, psychology, development) then he will need to be young ( as a manager) as too many of the old guard won't support this. I would support this idea as it works and means those with expertise in those fields run those departments, as it should be.

Robbo, Keane was as much a student of the game as you and me are Burnley supporters. to say it's a mistake based on nothing more than speculation is foolish. bringing in driven man with a decent track record to date and an obvious desire to better himself is good. kean thought he knew it all already and that football owed him, he still does. you get out what you put in and Keane put in nothing. if a model as suggested by kamy is true ie a manager to look after football and a performance director to look after everything else (fitness, nutrition, scouting, psychology, development) then he will need to be young ( as a manager) as too many of the old guard won't support this. I would support this idea as it works and means those with expertise in those fields run those departments, as it should be.

but does it work? there are not many examples of it working in this country. Yes you employ people who are are good at fitness etc but not sure if a performance/Director of football works that well. It may work if he has absolutely NO input into the football side including who is signed but even then its starts to get difficult if the manager wants one specific thing and the performance director doesnt agree.

Does he have a British passport ?

What I find unusual is for only one individual to be specifically ruled out !

As I said last night, could be smoke and mirrors. If it isn't, we might just be fecked as a club.

Hope your right Mercerman, because we are well and truly nailed if the shortlist has been narrowed down to the one or two mentioned earlier in the thread.

I had just started to put some faith back in this lot, how foolish.

The late Brian Clough was right when he said football owners were more often than not useless and that the most and only important decision they make is who to manage the team. I just hope Judan Ali doesn't make it onto Shebby's shortlist or else Madame Desai will pick it without question or consultation with the Chuckle brothers.

Archived