BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is real danger of us proving the media and fans of other teams right about us. We have been at pains for a long time to show people that we disliked Steve Kean because of his terrible record, denying that we hated him from the outset regardless of results. However, we are now criticising almost any and every manager linked with the post without giving them a chance.

It's a time to stay calm and wait. All this hysteria is just showing that we do pre-judge and we don't give incoming managers a fair chance, just as we've been accused of all this time. We all know wasn't the case with Kean, but it's leaning that way now.

when Venkys leave i will relax untill then i won't. Do you really think Venky's are going to appoint the right manager! Like some ex players are saying now, the club is not being operated like it should be and the only way it will get back to being our club again is when Venkys depart Ewood!!

There is real danger of us proving the media and fans of other teams right about us. We have been at pains for a long time to show people that we disliked Steve Kean because of his terrible record, denying that we hated him from the outset regardless of results. However, we are now criticising almost any and every manager linked with the post without giving them a chance.

It's a time to stay calm and wait. All this hysteria is just showing that we do pre-judge and we don't give incoming managers a fair chance, just as we've been accused of all this time. We all know wasn't the case with Kean, but it's leaning that way now.

64give_yourself_a_pat_on_the_back-1.jpg

Ahhhhhhhh i've just had a horrible realisation :mellow:

Ageing Midfielder turns down QPR and joins Blackburn on what seems a very long contract for his age.

Already voiced interest in management http://www.dailymail...nagers-job.html

Young

British

Ability to be molded!!

Was he brought in with this in mind???

Hell i hope i'm wrong!!!

(Fits Glens Shebby interview list/criteria far too well for my liking)

Ahhhhhhhh i've just had a horrible realisation :mellow:

Ageing Midfielder turns down QPR and joins Blackburn on what seems a very long contract for his age.

Already voiced interest in management http://www.dailymail...nagers-job.html

Young

British

Ability to be molded!!

Was he brought in with this in mind???

Hell i hope i'm wrong!!!

(Fits Glens Shebby interview list/criteria far too well for my liking)

u might be right, no wonder he's our captain as well!!

In my opinion the biggest mistake the owners have made here is waiting. If they wanted to bring in an inexperienced manager they should haver done it as soon as kean resigned, we would have all just been happy to see the back of kean. Unfortunately by waiting several high profile names have thrown their hat into the mix, which has raised expectations. They are about to make what could be a truly defining decision in the modern history of our club................ I hope to god they call it right.

There was a lot of talk about Murphy being Kean's successor when he joined, wasn't there?

Damnit, can't get on betting sites on my work laptop...I'd be sticking a few quid on Murphy now if I could!

Its Tombo / West Sussex Rover getting all childish because he's jealous that Glen Mullan gets the scoop from Shebby.

Is that prat still around. I thought he would be banned from every messageboard by now. Never been to Ewood in his life.

• Backroom

T4E is right IMO, many of us for a long time have said anyone but Kean and similar and now Kean has gone there has been a ridiculous amount of people saying they are done with the club if we don't pick who they want us to.

I am of the opinion that whoever gets the job has to be supported as its our only chance, the owners often embarass the club, the fans could easily do the same very easily here.

You sound like his mother.

Stop making sloppy-ass excuses for the guy just because he was a club legend.

What's with that avatar? Your usual ones are ledgendary.

Very worrying that Shebby wants a younger manager etc. I am really now starting to worry that we will see someone like Judan Ali appointed as first team manager and Shebby himself getting a prominent role on the playing side of things (Director of Football). This was something that was floated to me last week and I dimissed it out of hand but now I am starting to worry that it could right.

Safe to say that if this did happen then there would be a MASSIVE backlash from fans.

Let's hope that I am totally wrong on this one.

I believe I told you awhile ago. Shebby wants to be in management. But thankfully he does not have his coaching badges etc.

T4E is right IMO, many of us for a long time have said anyone but Kean and similar and now Kean has gone there has been a ridiculous amount of people saying they are done with the club if we don't pick who they want us to.

I am of the opinion that whoever gets the job has to be supported as its our only chance, the owners often embarass the club, the fans could easily do the same very easily here.

with Venkys in charge of our club, we are going to be embarassed for a long time i think. Venky's last chance of trying to get Rovers fans back on their side here!

I am genuinely baffled by the whole thing at present. I had thought that they would've had an idea of where they were going prior to sacking Kean as that been on the cards for weeks.

Should have a clearer picture tomorrow.

Unless they thought they would get sherwood, without any hassle from spurs.

Not all of us were foolish enough to take that stance. Getting rid of Kean wasn't going to be the ‘be all and end all’, his replacement and Venky's future behaviour after that are just as important, if not more so. Like I said at the time, getting rid of Kean wouldn't be a hard decision, however what happens after would be.

If Shebby is made DOF and some lackey is brought in then I’m going to question the decision. If they appoint a manager I don’t think is good enough then I’m going to question the decision. Of course I will hold my hands up and admit I was wrong if it turns out my previous judgement was far off the mark.

We as fans have had to put up with a lot of crap over the last 2 years, we have gone from being one of the best run clubs in the country to one of the most badly run. We are a laughing stock in the football community.

This is the last chance for Venky’s. Kean has gone and they have a chance to admit mistakes were made and not make the same mistakes again. If they blow this decision and that’s them finished in the eyes of the fan base and if the financial situation is correct the club could also be finished.

I wasn't going to post but after the events of today I do think something needs to be clarified.

Firstly, Glen’s summary of what we was told in the meeting last night regarding the new manager is exactly how I heard it too.

In addition to this, I have seen our friend from Sussex' tweets about people lying regarding Giovanni Trapattoni's application. Well the bloke who receives the applications, was quite happy to tell the whole committee together with the Mayor of the borough and the council leader last Friday that this guy had applied, so whether he has or has not, it is not about Glen 'lying' or 'guessing' this is firmly about Glen confirming to somebody who asked the question, that he was told this to be true by the man in charge of the application process at Ewood Park.

Allow me to explain something about the BRFC Action Group. Since its inception the group have campaigned heavily for open and transparent dialogue from the football club, this has always been a key element to us as a group. In March 2012, we were offered a meeting with Paul Hunt the clubs DCEO at the time, under the agreement we would not minute or discuss the content of this meeting and the club would never officially recognise it had taken place. Despite taking a lot of criticism at the time, we declined this offer immediately. The reasoning for this, as explained at the time was because we were not prepared to sit in a meeting with him and then hide the content of it from the wider supporter base. This is not and never has been about Glen, Myself and the other committee members having tea and biscuits over a mild chat with the club officials, this has always been about the supporters getting their questions and concerns aired and answered.

Upon the arrival of Shebby Singh, immediate contact was struck up between myself and him. An introductory meeting was very quickly arranged and thereafter dialogue was maintained. It has always been a case of we set the agenda, I take the minutes and publish them once Shebby has given them the once over and he always passes them off for release without any major alterations. This is the open and transparent dialogue, for the group’s member base, which we had always campaigned for.

On Monday night, the eve of our latest meeting with Shebby Singh, the group asked for supporters to send their questions and concerns to myself as the group’s secretary so we could put these on the agenda for discussion in last nights meeting.

90% of the emails received where about the managerial situation at the club. Supporters expressing their concerns over the new manager’s experience, stating they do not want Eric Black and they do not want anyone with a lack of experience. As elected representatives of these supporters, these are the concerns which we must raise with the club, hence first and foremost why the topic of the managerial vacancy was added to the agenda for the meeting.

Shebby knew this was a minuted meeting, Shebby knows we are elected representatives of our membership base and he knows we always report back to these members on the content and outcome of the discussions. He was happy to go ahead and talk openly about his thoughts on what type of manager he was looking for and to listen to our points which had come from within our membership base.

I am bitterly disappointed today as to why somebody felt the need to send Shebby Singh a text message this morning, reporting to him that Glen had posted information on this message board and on twitter, even offering to send him links to these posts, so Shebby could see the proof himself. This person was claiming that Glen’s comments were damaging the reputation of the owners and of Shebby himself and were infuriating the clubs supporters.

Now as an elected representative of our members, Glen has a duty to report back openly to those supporters on what he is told in an official minuted meeting. The minutes will reflect similarly what Glen reported (albeit in a little less detail). The day that we are asked or expected to go into meetings and be told information which would be unpopular among the supporters and remain silent about it, is the day that I know for sure Glen will seriously consider his future within the group, as this has always been about the supporters having transparent communication and has never been about 6 people in a room knowing something, which others are not allowed to know.

Today after learning about this text message, I have lost a little faith in the prospect of all supporters moving forward for the benefit of the football club. For a person who has been scaremongering the supporter base, during what is supposed to be the beginning of a rebuilding process, by posting, to date what is unfounded rumour about big stories being on the verge of breaking and causing panic among the supporters regarding how bad things are at the top of the clubs food chain, in addition to the debacle of the weekend of the Middlesboro match, where he confirmed Kean was to be sacked, only for this not to happen. All that this achieved was a week of the supporters lambasting the owners based on the initiation of these 'sacking rumour's’. So for this person to go sending text messages to Shebby Singh claiming Glen Mullan and his comments are damaging both his and the owners reputation, quite frankly leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

As much as this person is telling Shebby Singh, "not to listen or take advice from the supporters", we will always go into a meeting with supporters concerns and opinions high on the agenda because this is what the BRFC Action Group is all about.

This group is solely about open and transparent feedback to its members, this is exactly what Glen did last night following an officially recognised and minuted meeting with the club and having been in the meeting myself, I see nothing in there which breaches confidences and for people to be sending text messages to Shebby Singh, which do nothing but cause friction between what has become an open and honest relationship between club and supporters is nothing but damaging to the supporters hopes and quite frankly the motives behind this text message deeply concern me.

On a side note, I do hope to have the minutes of last nights meeting up on the group’s website this evening folks

I wasn't going to post but after the events of today I do think something needs to be clarified.

Firstly, Glen’s summary of what we was told in the meeting last night regarding the new manager is exactly how I heard it too.

In addition to this, I have seen our friend from Sussex' tweets about people lying regarding Giovanni Trapattoni's application. Well the bloke who receives the applications, was quite happy to tell the whole committee together with the Mayor of the borough and the council leader last Friday that this guy had applied, so whether he has or has not, it is not about Glen 'lying' or 'guessing' this is firmly about Glen confirming to somebody who asked the question, that he was told this to be true by the man in charge of the application process at Ewood Park.

Allow me to explain something about the BRFC Action Group. Since its inception the group have campaigned heavily for open and transparent dialogue from the football club, this has always been a key element to us as a group. In March 2012, we were offered a meeting with Paul Hunt the clubs DCEO at the time, under the agreement we would not minute or discuss the content of this meeting and the club would never officially recognise it had taken place. Despite taking a lot of criticism at the time, we declined this offer immediately. The reasoning for this, as explained at the time was because we were not prepared to sit in a meeting with him and then hide the content of it from the wider supporter base. This is not and never has been about Glen, Myself and the other committee members having tea and biscuits over a mild chat with the club officials, this has always been about the supporters getting their questions and concerns aired and answered.

Upon the arrival of Shebby Singh, immediate contact was struck up between myself and him. An introductory meeting was very quickly arranged and thereafter dialogue was maintained. It has always been a case of we set the agenda, I take the minutes and publish them once Shebby has given them the once over and he always passes them off for release without any major alterations. This is the open and transparent dialogue, for the group’s member base, which we had always campaigned for.

On Monday night, the eve of our latest meeting with Shebby Singh, the group asked for supporters to send their questions and concerns to myself as the group’s secretary so we could put these on the agenda for discussion in last nights meeting.

90% of the emails received where about the managerial situation at the club. Supporters expressing their concerns over the new manager’s experience, stating they do not want Eric Black and they do not want anyone with a lack of experience. As elected representatives of these supporters, these are the concerns which we must raise with the club, hence first and foremost why the topic of the managerial vacancy was added to the agenda for the meeting.

Shebby knew this was a minuted meeting, Shebby knows we are elected representatives of our membership base and he knows we always report back to these members on the content and outcome of the discussions. He was happy to go ahead and talk openly about his thoughts on what type of manager he was looking for and to listen to our points which had come from within our membership base.

I am bitterly disappointed today as to why somebody felt the need to send Shebby Singh a text message this morning, reporting to him that Glen had posted information on this message board and on twitter, even offering to send him links to these posts, so Shebby could see the proof himself. This person was claiming that Glen’s comments were damaging the reputation of the owners and of Shebby himself and were infuriating the clubs supporters.

Now as an elected representative of our members, Glen has a duty to report back openly to those supporters on what he is told in an official minuted meeting. The minutes will reflect similarly what Glen reported (albeit in a little less detail). The day that we are asked or expected to go into meetings and be told information which would be unpopular among the supporters and remain silent about it, is the day that I know for sure Glen will seriously consider his future within the group, as this has always been about the supporters having transparent communication and has never been about 6 people in a room knowing something, which others are not allowed to know.

Today after learning about this text message, I have lost a little faith in the prospect of all supporters moving forward for the benefit of the football club. For a person who has been scaremongering the supporter base, during what is supposed to be the beginning of a rebuilding process, by posting, to date what is unfounded rumour about big stories being on the verge of breaking and causing panic among the supporters regarding how bad things are at the top of the clubs food chain, in addition to the debacle of the weekend of the Middlesboro match, where he confirmed Kean was to be sacked, only for this not to happen. All that this achieved was a week of the supporters lambasting the owners based on the initiation of these 'sacking rumour's’. So for this person to go sending text messages to Shebby Singh claiming Glen Mullan and his comments are damaging both his and the owners reputation, quite frankly leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

As much as this person is telling Shebby Singh, "not to listen or take advice from the supporters", we will always go into a meeting with supporters concerns and opinions high on the agenda because this is what the BRFC Action Group is all about.

This group is solely about open and transparent feedback to its members, this is exactly what Glen did last night following an officially recognised and minuted meeting with the club and having been in the meeting myself, I see nothing in there which breaches confidences and for people to be sending text messages to Shebby Singh, which do nothing but cause friction between what has become an open and honest relationship between club and supporters is nothing but damaging to the supporters hopes and quite frankly the motives behind this text message deeply concern me.

On a side note, I do hope to have the minutes of last nights meeting up on the group’s website this evening folks

Whoever did that=that is a very low act!!

Quite agree with you both. It's getting ridiculous.

I'm sure I read on the last page someone saying they wouldn't want Mark Hughes back. Madness!

We simply MUST get back behind the next manager. EVEN, in the unlikely event that it's Ali.

That said:

I said after the KGH event that if Singh is Belaji's man then he won't get us far. However, Kean is GONE, whether people believe the resignation line or not, so I'm going to say I may have underestimated him. One thing giving me some hope is that Singh will not want to be linked with failure so surely he'll be doing his best to get someone successful in - despite whatever "leaks out".

I live in hope.

Archived