BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

will they choose right? will they effers, they want a nice cheap yes-man whose strings they can pull because they are a bunch of cretins

You've basically posted the same thing quite a few times......yes, we know you don't trust the Venkys and you expect them to mess up. Maybe you can tell us again how you knew this was going to happen after they have actually gone ahead and appoint Judai Ali or the no-marks managers you're talking about, but for now maybe you might want to cool down and drink a glass of iced tea or something instead.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After listening to grenada, venkys say two weeks for any appointment.

Neil lennon could quite easily fit. Into the brief of what singh said. However I'd want schuster or ole solksjaet. We have no room to mess up on this we need to get back to the prem at the first attempt. Spend on a good manager and get promoted with more money ultimately coming in.

sure black burn, i may be wrong, maybe they will go for the right man but with their history can you honestly see that happening?

I didn't say you are wrong, I mean getting flustered and angry at the whole thing won't change the outcome, especially since the outcome hasn't happened yet. So until then, let's keep calm and pray for a miracle, maybe devote your time to more productive activities, and return once we know the final decision.

• Backroom

There really is no excuse for this lasting beyond the international break and reaks of the interview in summer when venky said they were confused

They look like putting off making a decision and black will continue in the role by default without being confirmed until he picks up a win or two

I hope not though

Venkys have said 2 weeks?, I completely missed that. In 2 weeks time Rovers will have played another game with Black in charge. I'm going to assume that they are waiting for Blacks first positive result and then offer him the job, why else would this sort of thing drag out for three weeks.

The thing that is puzzling me the most is why they would feel the need to spend £8M on a striker and not get a top quality manager to match. It seems they must just enjoy peeing money against a wall, oh to have owners with even half a clue.

this is what the Venkys have done to our club. The club was being runned like a proper club via to when Venkys came in. As for Shebby he sould just keep his mouth shut for a change, he should not be discussing this vital decision with any fan. As for the names being leaked out to who has put themselves forward for the job is just damb right unprofessional and u would not see any other club being runned like this. So i agree with Kammy on this one Shebby should not be talking to Fans like he is doing at the moment.

totally agree tom, they are a bunch of chancers that dont want to and dont feel they have to make decisions, i feel another dark horizon coming along, only until venkys have gone will we see a bright new day

Think you are both right.

Rapidly losing faith.

Rumoured that a couple of possibles have said 'thanks but no thanks' - think any wise man would see the writing on the wall.

Was a great chance to 'wipe the slate clean' but, IMO, they have screwed-up big time.

Bolton will show how it's done.

Rapidly losing faith.

Rumoured that a couple of possibles have said 'thanks but no thanks' - think any wise man would see the writing on the wall.

Was a great chance to 'wipe the slate clean' but, IMO, they have screwed-up big time.

And this is the problem, rumours are replacing facts as people speculate. Yes be impatient and yes be keaned if they appoint Ali or our current tealady but for keans sake wait until there are some facts to criticize rather than what someone thinks they know after reading wikipedia or a keaning tweet!

(this post is not directed at mercerman personally by the way :) )

Rapidly losing faith.

Im getting the same impression,

im expecting to be completely underwhelmed and un-inspired by whoever they manage to BS into taking Keans place,

hope where proved wrong!

And this is the problem, rumours are replacing facts as people speculate. Yes be impatient and yes be keaned if they appoint Ali or our current tealady but for keans sake wait until there are some facts to criticize rather than what someone thinks they know after reading wikipedia or a keaning tweet!

(this post is not directed at mercerman personally by the way :) )

No offence, don't worry !

You just need to be mindful that posters need to be very guarded when posting as we live in a very litigious world and sometimes posts have to be positioned accordingly.

If the new manager has to work in a continental coaching setup with a DoF bringing the players and head coach decide on who plays and tactics. Then most likely will be a foriegn manager.

if the new manager decide on who buy and sell players and tactics plus team selection then most likely will be a British manager.

looking like either Sherwood or Robinson at the minute.

Think you can forget Sherwood.

Robinson is a fairly intelligent guy and will be well aware of why some now describe Rovers as a circus.

This has gone on far too long and Rovers' best chances of snaring a top class candidate were within days of Kean leaving whilst the slate was momentarily clean.

If I was a candidate, I wouldn't touch this lot with a sh1tty stick now.

Archived