BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry glen, its seems you have been sucked into the shebby fairytale, you obviously now think the sun shines through his arse since you became all pally with him, hope you dont have the same relationship with him that kean had with desai, we need someone to tell it straight, starting with letting him know in no uncertain terms that appointing a rookie yes-man would not be acceptable to the rovers fans

sorry glen, its seems you have been sucked into the shebby fairytale, you obviously now think the sun shines through his arse since you became all pally with him, hope you dont have the same relationship with him that kean had with desai, we need someone to tell it straight, starting with letting him know in no uncertain terms that appointing a rookie yes-man would not be acceptable to the rovers fans

This was stated and reiteratated , it's down to club to appoint manager , we can only pass on concerns

Get over yourself , 12 months of repetitive crap from you .

The group which now has an official membership base of 6911 has no plans to disband , in fact rather the opposite .

In terms of nikos story , just confirms what most already knew , he writes poop , before making extensive claims it would be an idea to ask those in the meeting. He has not done so , but instead read bits on message boards / twitter and tried to make a story out if it . Quite laughable really

What has nicko's story got to do with anything? I haven't mentioned his story.

It is time imo, for the action group to break up, disband or whatever way to word it.

They do not represent me or the majority of the Rovers supporters.

Kean has gone. New era, new start for whoever comes in as the manager.

Kean was the symptom; the virus (Venky's) is still very much with us.

Until Venky's are gone, the action group will gather in strength.

This was stated and reiteratated , it's down to club to appoint manager , we can only pass on concerns

But that's what people see as a problem glen. Why should the club listen to a certain clique within the fanbase? You certainly don't represent my views or the views of thousands of other supporters yet some within the club seem to give the impression you do. Somehow I couldn't see John Williams and Tom Finn behaving in a similar way but then again, we were a well run club in those days and now we are simply a circus. We may have lost one of the leading clowns but a circus we remain.

I must say that I completely agree with Kamy on this. Shebby should be talking to people within the game and getting advice from the professionals on who to appoint as manager. The last people he should be discussing it with in any way, shape or form are the supporters.

I must say that I completely agree with Kamy on this. Shebby should be talking to people within the game and getting advice from the professionals on who to appoint as manager. The last people he should be discussing it with in any way, shape or form are the supporters.

I disagree.

With the way attendances have been dropping and the massive 'Kean Out' campaigns, don't you think it would be wise to listen to the supporters and which steps would have to be made for those boycotting to come back? Without the fans there won't be much left of the club.

But that's what people see as a problem glen. Why should the club listen to a certain clique within the fanbase? You certainly don't represent my views or the views of thousands of other supporters yet some within the club seem to give the impression you do. Somehow I couldn't see John Williams and Tom Finn behaving in a similar way but then again, we were a well run club in those days and now we are simply a circus. We may have lost one of the leading clowns but a circus we remain.

Thanks. This is what i also believe.

• Backroom

Parson - I alluded to the same earlier, I think it was John Williams who decided at the inception of the fans forum along with phil Lloyd (again I think that's right) that footballing matters should stay completely off the table between fans and the club

That notion is a prevalent today as ever was and Shebby may need to grasp that soon

So, to sum up todays posts. Self-appointed spokesmen (who appear to struggle with criticism) are sulking and up in arms because someone else has texted Singh and they don't like an opinion that differs from theirs - no matter how valid it is.

There is way too much unprofessional communication going on and to be frank, today it's bloody embarassing guys.

In my opinion, you have a need for too much communication and an over riding desperation to feel an integral part of this idiotic Venky show. Whether you care to accept it or not, you are contributing in a big way to us continuing to be a media laughing stock because you are amateurs and are putting cameras in the face of an underqualified club spokesman and documenting and distributing his inane responses . Common sense should tell you that sometimes it is best to not communicate every little tit-bit of information to the public, whether that be your own opinions or the thoughts of egotistical middlemen. Apart from an ego boost, these meetings and frequent comminications with Shebby aren't healthy in my opinion.

I truly respect that you stood up for something you believe in (ridding the club of its worst ever manager) but I dislike the fact that you are perceived as the voice of the fanbase because I think you've lost sight of the fact that you are merely avid fans of a club with a very unhealthy set-up and it appears to me that rather than representing the range of supporters of Blackburn Rovers, you merely represent supporters who share similar opinions to yourselves.

So, to sum up todays posts. Self-appointed spokesmen (who appear to struggle with criticism) are sulking and up in arms because someone else has texted Singh and they don't like an opinion that differs from theirs - no matter how valid it is.

There is way too much unprofessional communication going on and to be frank, today it's bloody embarassing guys.

In my opinion, you have a need for too much communication and an over riding desperation to feel an integral part of this idiotic Venky show. Whether you care to accept it or not, you are contributing in a big way to us continuing to be a media laughing stock because you are amateurs and are putting cameras in the face of an underqualified club spokesman and documenting and distributing his inane responses . Common sense should tell you that sometimes it is best to not communicate every little tit-bit of information to the public, whether that be your own opinions or the thoughts of egotistical middlemen. Apart from an ego boost, these meetings and frequent comminications with Shebby aren't healthy in my opinion.

I truly respect that you stood up for something you believe in (ridding the club of its worst ever manager) but I dislike the fact that you are perceived as the voice of the fanbase because I think you've lost sight of the fact that you are merely avid fans of a club with a very unhealthy set-up and it appears to me that rather than representing the range of supporters of Blackburn Rovers, you merely represent supporters who share similar opinions to yourselves.

Very well put. I totally agree.

Paul Dickov and Garry Flitcroft in the running for Blackburn manager's job

http://www.telegraph...nagers-job.html

Good God! If that happens, we may as well all pack up and go home. There are a couple of very good experienced managers out of work at the moment and there are a couple of good young managers in work. Personally I'd want Schuster or Solskjaer. Schuster is a veteran manager who has worked at some big clubs and been successful and also worked at smaller clubs and been equally successful relatively speaking. Solskjaer is a promising young manager, who has done well so far, albeit, in a weaker league. I think they are the two standout candidates. I do not want Shearer, as I don't think that he has the experience for it, had an unsuccessful time at Newcastle (who in fairness to him, were a total shambles) and has been out of the game too long. Forget about him being a figure head and someone the fans would look to as that would be quickly forgotten if things started to go badly.

brfc action group had their rights to publish what was said on that meeting. imo they should not have published the manager part, but i can see why they did it because they are working for their group/fans.

Shebby should not have said what he did at the meeting, totally unprofessional and he has clearly not worked in management before. This is not media pundetry shebby! He has said on sky and other medias many times he does not want to go into names, or who they consider, and say they are baffled on how many big names have applied for the job. He knew what was said to the action group would get to the media. Why didnt he just call sky and tell them himself they wanted a young british, never relegated, up and coming etc etc. Second time now his mouth causes trouble.

kamy was 100% entitled to text him and say you shouldnt say things like that, fans will get upset, potensial managers can get upset etc etc.

Hell, if i had shebbys number i would call him myself to explain why you cant blurp out kean like that.

On to manager

if venkys have any braincells at all they will contact schuster for a short term deal of 1-2 years with salgado as assistant. then we would get an experienced manager with an assistant that i think could become a great manager in the future and who has blue and white in his blood. the fans who wants an experienced one will be happy, and the fans who wants a ex rover player/legend will be happy

sadly i dont think it will happen

Been said already, keep the gobs shut.

Let the minutes of meetings do the talking.

As for Nicko, his article is the usual sensationalism, saw nothing on GM's time line last night to suggest that Black is out of the running, Black himself stated last weekend that the club needed time to access all the candidates, so he knew then we were looking outside, Nicko's previous back pagers also back up the fact we are looking outside, Sherwood and Shearer, then the more experienced type stories.

Nicko IMO is gunning for GM after their little head butting sessions through the transfer window and the fact that the group played a major part in rallying the fans for the protests, which eventually assisted in Kean handing in his resignation. With Coyle going as well, he'll be after every scrap he can scavenge, making a main course out of it.

Has Glen not said over and over that only supporters concerns are put to the club and not opinions.

While I appreciate what the Action Group has done (not that I agree with all of it) having direct and frank contact with Shebby and then passing this information on to the fans is a recipe for disaster. A more circumspect approach (from Shebby) is definitely needed; Kamy is exactly right. That view might not go down well with the AG but there has been too much disharmony with the fans and factions within the fan base, intended or not, are going to lead it to be splintered and argumentative on a much greater level which is not what this club needs. By all means have contact with Shebby but there has to be limits to the discussion. At some point, these individual factions are going to want to influence the running of the club, unconsciously or not, and that is where the biggest danger lies. The AG might say that this will never happen but at some point it will because that is human nature.

People disagree about virtually all aspects of a football club, from team selection to shirt design. That's perfectly normal. What is dangerous is when groups of fans get direct access to what should be privileged information and access to a key decision maker within the club who is willing and happy to talk about detailed plans within the club. The words 'undue influence' will ring out at some point even if the AG does not try to do this and makes a point of it. This is entirely why the fans forum is there and why that medium is the correct one for the fans to bring up issues and questions.

Footballing decisions and plans made for the benefit of the club should be done by those people in positions of responsibility and authority within the club. I can guarantee there are a lot of fans out there who think the current leadership is not capable or good enough. Well, guess what? Tough. We can't choose who runs the club, we could protest against them but that's not going to achieve anything. At this point, we (as fans) have to trust that they will make the correct decision. Their track record is not good. However, we have no choice.

I can very much understand why John Williams took footballing decisions and the reasons off the agenda. It makes perfect sense. The same must happen now.

Every single poster on here wanted a more open and transparent dialogue between the club and the fans.

Guess most were lying.

There's being open and transparent and there's having no boundaries. By all means be open and transparent but there have to be boundaries for the benefit of the club and, ultimately, the fans.

Archived