BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

It's took over 12 months to get people to engage properly and there is a big danger now following conversations I have had today that everyone will return to being in the dark

What was posted the other night is beyond what a fan should know.

It looks totally amateurish for a club official to be telling fans what kind of manager they are looking for. What other club (or company) behaves in this way?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see Kamy doing anything to scupper anything for anyone, he's always had the best interest of the club at heart. Same with Glenn, I don't know either of them well but from their actions and contacts I hope they can shake on it and put it down to experience. The club needs people like this to keep the owners on its toes in my opinion and although it's asking for a bit much for them to agree all of the time it's better if they aren't falling out over who said what to Shebby.

It looks totally amateurish for a club official to be telling fans what kind of manager they are looking for. What other club (or company) behaves in this way?

This was the point I was trying to get across to Shebby. I wasn't trying to discredit Glen/Action Group. I told Shebby while fans appreciate open communication there are times where not talking on the record is the better option.

I am not interested in point scoring with Shebby. What I am interested in is to try and make him understand how much of an effect his words have on the fan base, particularly after the last 18 months and that he needs to learn how to communicate properly. Whether he takes that advice is entirely his own decision.

100% agree.

Imagine you're an experience applicant who doesn't quite match the criteria. Let's say you're too old for example (according to what our Global Adviser has said the owners want). You could very easily withdraw the application leaving our owners with a smaller pool to select from. It could also put off potential applicants who have maybe hung back for a while before chucking their name in. Comments like this are damaging. If what was released was "we are looking for a manager who we feel can unite the fans, get the team performing, get us promoted and keep us there" then fair enough as this is pretty generalised. Stating exact traits that immediately alienate both current and potential applicants, it can only be damaging the wider perception on us and most likely hindering our chances of getting the "right man".

Well from what was said via Glenn, not to long ago, it came across as though the Action Group liked the idea of Flitcroft and Jansen joining the club and that them ideas had been put forward and them ideas had been considered.

Now I see this as seriously worrying. The club should not be listening to fans opinions in this regard, therefore I agree with Kammy.

Secondly the action groups, supposed, aim, is to take control of the club. thats never going to happen and point now they seem to be all pally with Shebby, hanging on his every word.

What is the real point of this action group, it's caused more trouble and embarrassment towards the club than anything else.

Trouble being, continuous unrest and fall out between fans.

Embarrassment being, the pathetic interview at king George's aired on sky sports, of which in turn cause mass unrest with players and fans alike and secondly the continuous info that's being relayed from shebby Singh, that then is either strenuously denied at a later date or at a later date been said to have been taken out of context.

I do not think the action group are trying to take over the club. They wouldn't have a chance even if they tried.

But I also do not see the need for the action group. Their desires for the club to be investigated by the FA / Prem etc etc could cause more damage to the club than to venkys.

If the opposite was likely to happen, then maybe. But sadly not likely to be the case.

They only represent a minority of the supporters anyway. It is probable time the action group disbanded. It hasn't achieved anything in my view. Kean resigned. But this was down to members and non members of the action group. No group can claim it was down to them he resigned.

As two groups have come together to form the Rovers Trust. Maybe it is time we all supportered that. I had my misgivings about the trust. But after various searches and conversations, I am hapy to support it.

They also should not imo be getting in the way of Kamy doing his job as a sports journo.

I also do not think it is right for shebby sing to be talking to the action group or any other group really. Apart from the FF, who deal with non football related issues.

Kean has gone. Venkys are remaining. We are stuck with them until they say otherwise. Or until an investor comes along and makes them an offer they cannot refuse. So i agree, no need for the action group anymore and they should now disband.

Others may disagree, but they are entitled to their opinion also.

I've got a bad feeling that when the new manager is announced, I'm going to be wishing it was Shearer or Sven.

Was on Granada News tonight that Solskaer is Bolton's number 1 target. What a horrible feeling it will be if they get him and end up going up, we end up getting Kean mark 2 and end up struggling.

You have your wires crossed here a bit chaddy, Tombo has been on Facebook groups trying to disprove the claims glen made about the criteria but Kamy as he admitted talked with Shebby today about the information he is sharing.

I thought I saw a tweet from Tombo where he put a link to an article to support his side of things. I stand to be corrected on that one.

This was the point I was trying to get across to Shebby. I wasn't trying to discredit Glen/Action Group. I told Shebby while fans appreciate open communication there are times where not talking on the record is the better option.

I am not interested in point scoring with Shebby. What I am interested in is to try and make him understand how much of an effect his words have on the fan base, particularly after the last 18 months and that he needs to learn how to communicate properly. Whether he takes that advice is entirely his own decision.

Fair post in my view. Basically shebby should be more discrete in who and what he says and to whom.

Jesus Christ. Why don't the clowns just keep their gobs shut and gather all the applications, whittle them down, interview them, discuss who is best then employ the most obvious lapdog? We all know that's what they are going to do because Shebby and the Owners haven't got a full brain cell between them

Shambles. Utter shambles. And I include all action groups, texters and twits in that

• Moderation Lead

After trawling through the pages, I finally get to the bottom of it, a load of squabbling over a text message.

If only people could see how pathetic and embarassing that sounds. Sigh.

The daft thing is Kamy, you have more sense than our owners and their advisors, the issue is you cannot transplant intelligence. It is best you probably just let them get on with the charade, if by you trying to help out.. You are made out to be some sort of enemy, either by Shebby or his cronies then it is best you avoid offering advice haha.

Don't worry though bro, anyone with half a brain knows exactly what you are saying and what you tried to get across.

It is a complete joke.

Yep, no one is arguing against good and effective communication between club and supporters but, IMO, Shebby overstepped the mark in outlining criteria in some detail.

What the hell must the 20 odd candidates think when they read on Twitter, or even BRFCS, that they are not the right fit !?!?

This reduces the credibility of the club even further and I think Kamy's challenge, along similar lines, is quite valid given that he also has a relationship with Shebby.

The problem is that a little taste of 'power' can be too intoxicating and I honestly think that some of the fans' groups need to reign themselves in a bit. Having made their feelings known about the type of manager they believed supporters would prefer, they should have then backed-off. This reminds me of the day when the old militant trade unionists thought it was their divine right to be invited to 10 Downing Street to participate in the policy making process.

Glen said no names were mentioned - well Glen did say OGS definitely wouldn't get it, so what the feckin hell is that ?

It reflects very badly on the club and I think there is blame that can be attached to both parties.

I can't see Kamy doing anything to scupper anything for anyone, he's always had the best interest of the club at heart. Same with Glenn, I don't know either of them well but from their actions and contacts I hope they can shake on it and put it down to experience. The club needs people like this to keep the owners on its toes in my opinion and although it's asking for a bit much for them to agree all of the time it's better if they aren't falling out over who said what to Shebby.

+1000

Kamy why bother ? If the "owners" and their advisors were in anyway concerned about people who have done their best to instigate discontent against them or make them look foolish or unprofessional , then a certain director who has recently fallen off the "winning horse" would not still be in a position that he holds at the club. So its pretty obvious they don't give a toss how they look.

Edit, Just re-read my post and comes across as a dig at Glenn/BRFC AG , it is not meant that why and only aimed at a Team Kean snake still within the club

Everything about this club is absolutely pathetic at the moment and it causes great shame to be associated with each and every aspect of it. These past 2 years have torn the heart of our club out and what's left now is unrecognisable. It's going to take a long, long time to recover the pride, that's for sure.

Right time to rescue this thread.

Where are we actually with the search for a manager?

1) Will a short list be drawn up tomorrow??

2) Who do we ACTUALLY know has applied?

3) Who has gone on record to say they are not interested?

4) Are we really likely to appoint somebody who is British/no experience? (and if so-WHY?)

5) Have we actually learnt anything from the interview from Shebby? If so what can we deduce?

6) How and why can we definitely rule out OGS???

Can somebody who is a bit more switched on/literate than me do a summary of the last week and bring everybody back to reality. A good place might be to take everyone on the betting list and do an overview!!!

We can do without the background squabbles between ourselves!!!! Helps no-one.

Have to say i am with Kamy on this one. Shebby consulting with fans about the next appointment is a recipe for disaster

I agree that Shebby shouldn't be consulting with a group of fans about the next appointment, but I strongly disagree with the notion that he shouldn't listen to the fans at all. And by listen, I mean acknowledging what the consensus is amongst the fans, and finding out that NO, the fans do not want no-marks like Black, Ali, Flitcroft, etc.

Probably a lesson you should learn too considering you claimed a big story was about to break this week. At least Shebby actually knows whats happening. The rest of your post is patronising beyong belief.

Probably a lesson you should learn too considering you claimed a big story was about to break this week. At least Shebby actually knows whats happening. The rest of your post is patronising beyong belief.

What a load of tosh. He said a story MIGHT break. Not that one will be.

The rest of your post is just insulting.

The only information coming from the club re: new manager should be along the lines of "A new manager will be in place (insert date)/before our next game". Have to agree with those saying info like age, nationality etc should not be something readily available to the public - ditto on what names will be on the shortlist. Just proves once more what complete amateurs are running the club.

I'm 100% with Kamy on this one. Important to also remember the club also investment/sponsors. Coming off as complete keaning noobs will do us no good.

Now PLEASE! hire a new manager. Personally I don't care if he's young/old, british/elsewhere, "clean"/dirty" etc as history doesn't always repeat itself. All I want is manager in place before the Derby game - not a coach, not an assistant manager, not another Kean....just a plain ol' manager. Seems there is plenty to choose from so please hurry!

After 18 months of Venkys shambolic ruination of Rovers, why would we expect the biggest decision on the clubs future to be anything but a circus?

The only thing they can do to redeem themselves is appoint the right man and let him get on with the job.

Unfortunately I see the ego that is Shebby being unable to keep his gob shut. Do we want him directing team affairs?

I hope I'm wrong, but I see this appointment as being someone Shebby thinks he can control, rather than the best person for the job.

For the sake of BRFC, Please prove me wrong.

Archived