BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From reading Glenn's post I'm almost certain Shebby will end up as DoF with someone we've never/barely heard of below him. I remember reading up on this Ali fella a week or so back as he was high up on the betting odds earlier on so it's not the first time he's been mentioned I guess. He does actually have an interesting CV and potentially could be a decent manager, but potentially so could almost anyone.

Not sure what to make of it all, a little surprised things haven't moved faster and we didn't have a clear idea of who we want but who really knows what to think about it all, I guess I'm not at all surprised when it comes down to it.

I wouldn't exactly be in favour of having Shebby in charge of team affairs with some unproven manager below him but it honestly couldn't be worse than Kean so I'd begrudgingly give it a chance and support it.

I still don't know what to make of Shebby, no doubt there have been some positive signs since he came to the club but I don't know him as a person or what his aims are, he could be just in it for himself for all I know, that's certainly more believable than genuinely caring about the club which seems to be a very rare condition these days.

Very worrying that Shebby wants a younger manager etc. I am really now starting to worry that we will see someone like Judan Ali appointed as first team manager and Shebby himself getting a prominent role on the playing side of things (Director of Football). This was something that was floated to me last week and I dimissed it out of hand but now I am starting to worry that it could right.

Safe to say that if this did happen then there would be a MASSIVE backlash from fans.

Let's hope that I am totally wrong on this one.

If that scenario happens, I think it's the last straw for many fans and who can blame them? Venky need to get in a respected manager and no bullshit this time. When do you think it is a decision on the new manager, Kamy?

• Backroom

Very worrying that Shebby wants a younger manager etc. I am really now starting to worry that we will see someone like Judan Ali appointed as first team manager and Shebby himself getting a prominent role on the playing side of things (Director of Football). This was something that was floated to me last week and I dimissed it out of hand but now I am starting to worry that it could right.

Safe to say that if this did happen then there would be a MASSIVE backlash from fans.

I was worried about that initially but thought surely he couldn't be that stupid to believe fans would accept him in that role

Lets hope common sense prevails

Edit: after reading a couple of articles I'm convinced now its going to be judan Ali, coincidentally the articles about him praising his philosophies etc seem to have come online very recently!!!

If this happens, IMO, it will finish our club and send this MB, A & E's, Samaritans etc into meltdown.

Surely, if Singh is listening to supporters, as he claims, or even reading BRFCS, he will realise this.

If that scenario happens, I think it's the last straw for many fans and who can blame them? Venky need to get in a respected manager and no bullshit this time. When do you think it is a decision on the new manager, Kamy?

I am genuinely baffled by the whole thing at present. I had thought that they would've had an idea of where they were going prior to sacking Kean as that been on the cards for weeks.

Should have a clearer picture tomorrow.

Totally agree.

Let's hope that my theory is completely wrong.

Unfortunately i think you are right-Shebby is looking for a platform for his ego. I feel this has been the main reason for his interest/involvement from a personal point a view all along!

On another note here is the link to Judan's official twitter account http://twitter.com/judanali. No clues as far as i can see..

I am genuinely baffled by the whole thing at present. I had thought that they would've had an idea of where they were going prior to sacking Kean as that been on the cards for weeks.

Should have a clearer picture tomorrow.

They sit and think of a new way to pee on the fans. Will not be shocked if there is a lousy Venky `s decision again :(

They got no idea what they are doing. Looking forward to getting some info tomorrow, Kamy :tu:

As i've said before Singh is an absolute egomaniac. Best place for him is on the X-Factor judging panel.

As for the brothers, surely they realise they need to appease the fans, otherwise what was the point trying to get rid of Kean.

Judan Ali would send this club more backwards then Steve Kean ever could. Absolutely nothing against him personally but it would spell the end for the club.

I'm interested how you see managers taking their first steps into the career? You seem to be dead against giving anyone their first managerial job.

Not sure how you've come to that conclusion, but I'll play.

We're a team that should be looking to bounce straight back out of this division. This appointment could shape the next few years of our club and people are willing to gamble it away for the sake of nostalgia? Shearer's playing career should NOT precede him as a managerial candidate.

On another note here is the link to Judan's official twitter account http://twitter.com/judanali. No clues as far as i can see..

Brown Suga: Hope you do well and break barriers for other talented Asians to enter and do well in sports!!!

Judan Ali: its key irrespective of race, that we all work collectively to encourage the future of English football by promoting within

Brown Suga: I agree. But with no Asian managers. NO Asian footballers. That is not the case.

Surely this is just a coincidence? I mean..

Oh no.

Matter of opinion but I think he's lost his touch and his is a career in decline - we should stay well clear.

Yes i totally agree

Difference being that Hughes has been there and done it before.

Would you want Hughes if QPR had been his only job thus far?

No i dont want Hughes regardless of his past results with rovers. He showed his true colors when he resigned from fulham.

my point was many people slag shearer off becuase of his 8 game spell at newcastle, yet some of the same people would take hughes back in a heartbeat.

i think and hope you are wrong. Has shebby shown any indication that he wants a more prominent role? i think he knows that won't be popular with the fans. and he has also indicated that they must do the right appointment this time. i seriously doubt that he will take a bigger role as DOF

It's absolutely frightening to think that a complete berk like Shebby is putting names forward to owners who haven't got two brains cells between them but to think that any half arsed recommendations are based up the preposterous and idealistic guidlines Shebby outlined is blood curdlingly scary.

British narrows down the field unneccessarily,

not necessarily experienced is madness,

whilst talkiing of the british mourinho and "their philosophy" tells me all I need to know that it is finally confirmed that the owners really do live in cloud fecking cuckoo land with Shebby as their char wallah

Prepare to be underwhelmed, perplexed and madenned.

Unbelievable how the guy that has influenced some of the more positive events at the club during the dreadful two years is now being criticized based on a tweet from a fan...

Get a grip - if during keans reign i had been offered a young, british, successful (or at least not having failed yet) manager that has actually managed a team/club before then i would be delighted and still am!

Of course the new guy needs to get the players playing to the best of their ability and maybe even change a few faces if that is what is required. There are no guarantees but an honest manager coupled with a decent backroom team will get my support even if we fail to achieve promotion.

The seems to be a large number of people saying they would like to see Curbishly get the job, I can't understand why anyone would want somebody who has been out of the game for 4 years ?

Could it have something to do with the fact that he has been there, done it, and has PROVED that he has the necessary experience that we are needing right now?

BTW I didn't vote for him (mainly because he was not an option).

There is real danger of us proving the media and fans of other teams right about us. We have been at pains for a long time to show people that we disliked Steve Kean because of his terrible record, denying that we hated him from the outset regardless of results. However, we are now criticising almost any and every manager linked with the post without giving them a chance.

It's a time to stay calm and wait. All this hysteria is just showing that we do pre-judge and we don't give incoming managers a fair chance, just as we've been accused of all this time. We all know wasn't the case with Kean, but it's leaning that way now.

There is real danger of us proving the media and fans of other teams right about us. We have been at pains for a long time to show people that we disliked Steve Kean because of his terrible record, denying that we hated him from the outset regardless of results. However, we are now criticising almost any and every manager linked with the post without giving them a chance.

It's a time to stay calm and wait. All this hysteria is just showing that we do pre-judge and we don't give incoming managers a fair chance, just as we've been accused of all this time. We all know wasn't the case with Kean, but it's leaning that way now.

Correct.

However, I can just imagine it now. First game at Ewood for the new manager and it'll no doubt be " We want (insert new managers name) out" chanted in some corners of the ground.

Archived