BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The post did not name any names , but basically said they wanted someone young , hungry who shared the owners philosophy , and preferably homegrown .

I have spoken to Kamy regarding this incident and frankly I'm still very annoyed by it , as indeed is Shebby Singh .

The day I can't report factual information to supporters when I'm in a meeting as representative for them , is the day I will leave the action group . This is something I'm certainly now considering .

This is not the first time it appears communication the group has with the club had tried to be discredited or ceased .

It's not bright , it's not smart and is a total injustice to thousands of supporters who are deeply concerned about the clubs long term future .

It's our job to express our members concerns and report back to them , as all our minutes show . It's not a popularity contest or who can break news first or indeed about keeping people in the dark . We have worked very hard in recent months on a number of areas to ensure 100% that the true story of the supporter unrest is reported back to India . The minutes from this last meeting will be in depth , but if people in the back ground which to halt the supporters efforts and keep them all in the dark . Then maybe it's time , that we all give up ? Our club has enough problems without people instigating extras

As i understand it, it's the fact that Shebby is consulting with fans groups about the appointment that Kamy referred to. What qualifications, experience do we have? How many times did Jack or John Williams meet with fans to discuss the next appointment?

There is also a huge difference in Kamy gathering information as a journalist from sources and Shebby feeding fans lines, they are for all intent and purposes, an official club statement. Dangerous, dangerous ground.

The post did not name any names , but basically said they wanted someone young , hungry who shared the owners philosophy , and preferably homegrown .

I have spoken to Kamy regarding this incident and frankly I'm still very annoyed by it , as indeed is Shebby Singh .

The day I can't report factual information to supporters when I'm in a meeting as representative for them , is the day I will leave the action group . This is something I'm certainly now considering .

This is not the first time it appears communication the group has with the club had tried to be discredited or ceased .

It's not bright , it's not smart and is a total injustice to thousands of supporters who are deeply concerned about the clubs long term future .

It's our job to express our members concerns and report back to them , as all our minutes show . It's not a popularity contest or who can break news first or indeed about keeping people in the dark . We have worked very hard in recent months on a number of areas to ensure 100% that the true story of the supporter unrest is reported back to India . The minutes from this last meeting will be in depth , but if people in the back ground which to halt the supporters efforts and keep them all in the dark . Then maybe it's time , that we all give up ? Our club has enough problems without people instigating extras

Firstly Glen, I really hope you do not leave the BRFC Action Group after all the good work but would understand why if you did.

Secondly, You were ask some questions by fans on twitter. I was one of these but didnt ask you for any names even tho I did suggest some names to you. You didnt response to this tweet, which I did totally understand why you didnt.

Thirdly, the person who has told Shebby about this, is a complete and utter idiot. hope You will not let person discredit you or the group.

Well from what was said via Glenn, not to long ago, it came across as though the Action Group liked the idea of Flitcroft and Jansen joining the club and that them ideas had been put forward and them ideas had been considered.

Now I see this as seriously worrying. The club should not be listening to fans opinions in this regard, therefore I agree with Kammy.

Secondly the action groups, supposed, aim, is to take control of the club. thats never going to happen and point now they seem to be all pally with Shebby, hanging on his every word.

What is the real point of this action group, it's caused more trouble and embarrassment towards the club than anything else.

Trouble being, continuous unrest and fall out between fans.

Embarrassment being, the pathetic interview at king George's aired on sky sports, of which in turn cause mass unrest with players and fans alike and secondly the continuous info that's being relayed from shebby Singh, that then is either strenuously denied at a later date or at a later date been said to have been taken out of context.

• Backroom

Glen

I don't think any blame or fault is being laid at the door of te action group here, you are just doing as you always said you will.

The problem may be that Shebby has to set firmer boundaries on what can and can't be discussed.

The fans forum has had much criticism but it was set up in part by a great footballing man in John Williams who decided football matters should always stay off the table, I think that principle is still a solid one with any group.

You were well within your rights and pretty much duty bound to ask questions about the impending appointment but for me they would have been better left unanswered

However we need to give Shebby a bit of leeway here as he is new to an influential role at a football club especially one of our size

As i understand it, it's the fact that Shebby is consulting with fans groups about the appointment that Kamy refereed to. What qualifications, experience do we have? How many times did Jack or John Williams meet with fans to discuss the next appointment?

There is also a huge difference in Kamy gathering information as a journalist from sources and Shebby feeding fans lines, they are for all intent and purposes, an official club statement. Dangerous, dangerous ground.

I can categorically say , never at one time has Shebby ever consulted me or any supporters in meetings about our opinion on names of managers . He has not duscussed names , of who they would like , and to date we don't know who they will appoint . The only discussion is further back in this thread I'd the type of person they would prefer . This could be anyone , and should not have been reported as taking advise of supporters unless people know other groups who are offering advise and names ?

But wasn't Kamy just saying that Shebby should be careful about what he says publicly? Not that he should cut the fans out of the loop.

Just rewinding a step, what the hell is the guy receiving the applications doing telling people who has applied. Surely that's confidential as some, like trapatoni I guess, are still under contract elsewhere!

Shows how rank amatuer we are again

Well from what was said via Glenn, not to long ago, it came across as though the Action Group liked the idea of Flitcroft and Jansen joining the club and that them ideas had been put forward and them ideas had been considered.

Now I see this as seriously worrying. The club should not be listening to fans opinions in this regard, therefore I agree with Kammy.

Secondly the action groups, supposed, aim, is to take control of the club. thats never going to happen and point now they seem to be all pally with Shebby, hanging on his every word.

What is the real point of this action group, it's caused more trouble and embarrassment towards the club than anything else.

The action group has never put flitcrofts bane forward or indeed endorsed such an appointment . Flitcroft himself via the Chorley guardian expressed an interest . Do you see how these stories get fabricated by one persons opinion?

Secondly the action group has never wanted to buy the club or indeed has any interest in buying the club . That's the formerly named brsit and brst who are now one entity rovers trust . This assumption comes from some posters on here compiling untrue stories when the action group backed the original brsit plan . However those vet same people now either support the joint initiative or have indeed strangely joined it .

Our groups aim is the same it's always been , a well run club, which is honest

For a group which is working with the council and had people like the mayor as signed up members , I see only a group trying to work with the club on a rebuilding programme

I can categorically say , never at one time has Shebby ever consulted me or any supporters in meetings about our opinion on names of managers . He has not duscussed names , of who they would like , and to date we don't know who they will appoint . The only discussion is further back in this thread I'd the type of person they would prefer . This could be anyone , and should not have been reported as taking advise of supporters unless people know other groups who are offering advise and names ?

That's my point Glen, discussion about the type of person they would prefer is dangerous, you don't have to name names.

For example, the point you made on Shebby's desire that the next manager preferably being British, i will have a guess ( i could be totally wrong) that they think/someone has expressed this to them, that the supporters will relate better to a British manager. This would be totally incorrect and wipes out some excellent candidates. If the new manager comes from Mars and does well, we will not care.

Glen

I don't think any blame or fault is being laid at the door of te action group here, you are just doing as you always said you will.

The problem may be that Shebby has to set firmer boundaries on what can and can't be discussed.

The fans forum has had much criticism but it was set up in part by a great footballing man in John Williams who decided football matters should always stay off the table, I think that principle is still a solid one with any group.

You were well within your rights and pretty much duty bound to ask questions about the impending appointment but for me they would have been better left unanswered

However we need to give Shebby a bit of leeway here as he is new to an influential role at a football club especially one of our size

I agree Tom , therefore it did not need a third party intervention to potentially damage any future dialogue . It's took over 12 months to get people to engage properly and there is a big danger now following conversations I have had today that everyone will return to being in the dark

Glen

I agree Tom , therefore it did not need a third party intervention to potentially damage any future dialogue . It's took over 12 months to get people to engage properly and there is a big danger now following conversations I have had today that everyone will return to being in the dark

Glen

Glen

Might be worth naming and shaming the individual who text Shebby - at least we will know to ignore his posts in the future.

As for having lost faith in all supporters moving forward -

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Keep faith in what you are doing - which is far more constructive than what other people appear to be doing.

That's very easy to work out

Not quite sure where this impression had come from? It was reported by the Lancashire Telegraph originally, on the day we was at the Charlton Athletic match that the club had/where interested to speak to Garry Flitcroft, Matt Jansen and Craig Short. We certainly have never put any names forward for consideration to the club, simply pointed out that experience in the manager is what the majority of supporters who have contacted us are looking for. The club will decide who they want and what they are looking for, not supporters.

Kamy's text for what ever reason he sent them, was not about the club listening to fans, it was about the club telling supporters what type of manager they feel fits the vision of the club, and by supporters sharing this information with others it was discrediting the owners/Shebby. In reality, if the owners/Shebby are being criticised, this is because of their decision to want a manager of this stature!! The only thing this text created was issues and to me smacks of personal motives as Booth suggested, but that's just my opinion.

What on earth has ever given you the impression that the Action Group wishes to take control of the club? Do you even know the basics of the Action Group or ever read its aims and objectives? because control of the club is certainly not among the groups intentions?

Your opinion is fine, however your last point above, shows you clearly know nothing about the "real point" of the action group, so i would suspect your opinion has been formed on complete misled information.

Just rewinding a step, what the hell is the guy receiving the applications doing telling people who has applied. Surely that's confidential as some, like trapatoni I guess, are still under contract elsewhere!

Shows how rank amatuer we are again

That is a ridiculous scenario! If I was one of the applicants and it was mentioned in a minuted fans meeting by the person managing the process, I would withdraw it in an instant. Rank amateurs!!

• Backroom

As mentioned the meeting is minuted and minutes will be out later, wonder why a prominent member of a group then chooses to publish a selection of "quotes" from one person at the meeting?

These days people have to quench a thirst for gossip hence people begging Nicko for 11 o clockers rather than wait a night for the news and people constantly asking glen / Kamy etc for snippets on twitter

Glen was only providing feedback and some key points in advance of the full minutes

My Apologies-got confused with a conv' you were having on here with Clitherover at around 8.20ish this morn!!

Oh, I was just wondering why people were calling Judan Ali a clown and other names when the only crime he commited was being linked to the Blackburn Rovers job. I don't think the guy even applied for the post himself. I wasn't endorsing him or defending his virtues. Just curious that people can view someone who brought the under-16s to a final can be worse than He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Of course I am aware that under-16s and Championship are worlds apart, but I bet even the Mean Bean can't bring the under-16s through the qualifiers, never mind the final.

this is NOT what Rovers fans want.

we want good communication from Shebby/owners and rovers. not we had the past 18 months of no communicate from anyone

• Backroom

this is NOT what Rovers fans want.

hope this Tombo is happy about all the trouble he has cause Rovers fans and GM/BRFC action group.

You have your wires crossed here a bit chaddy, Tombo has been on Facebook groups trying to disprove the claims glen made about the criteria but Kamy as he admitted talked with Shebby today about the information he is sharing.

Archived