BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

Classic article from 2011 regarding Judan Ali

http://www.maldiveso...e=story&id=3957

Some of the highlights of the article:

• Judan played alongside future Gunners greats Ray Parlour and Paul Merson

• Judan Ali who could possibly be on track to become the first Asian Premier League Manager

• Blackburn Rovers in the Premier League are after him

• he has rejected this offer (Blackburn) as apparently he wants to take the Maldives Job

Something tells me we will end up with this clown to add to the Venky's Circus.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no experince in management of a football team but I would like my team to play attractive barcaesque football. Does that make me a contender for the job? These muppets need to get real. Get a manager that will get us back in the PL this season by giving him a 1 season contract and a bumper bonus if he gets us up. Then once up, get one of these alleged massive names that have applied for the job already and lets move on from there. There is no point whatsoever giving an inexperienced manager the Rovers job in trying to get them out of one of the toughest leagues in the world, it just doesn't make sense

Just thought i'd clear up some of these tweets.

We did indeed have a meeting tonight and the minutes will be out in due course, However no meeting would of been complete without a Manager update.

We asked what progress had been made, and would rovers be going down the experienced route which most supporters seem to prefer.

We was told that the calibre of applicants had been of the highest quality, however the club wanted a Manager who could be groomed into Englands answer to Mourinho. We was told that the manager did not have to be a big name or indeed be experienced. However he must share the same footballing philosophy of both Shebby and the Owners.

They would prefer a British Manager, and he ruled out Solksjaer and pretty much most of the names who have been muted. They are not after the finished article but a manager who can grow with the club and be part of the clubs future success.

At this point members of the committee, stressed that any wrong appointment or Manager deemed as a cheap option, would not be taken well by the supporter base after the experiment of the last 2 years.

We stressed that some supporters have come back on probation, and others are holding out until the appointment is made. We explained this is the biggest decision the club will ever make, and they can ill afford to get it wrong.

He explained that the final decision would rest with the owners, but it would be him who puts forward the recommendations.

He went on to quantify that any manager appointed must have a clean image/record throughout their career as a player/manager, and have no blots i.e relegations upon that record.

He ackowledged that whoever they appoint wont please everyone, we acknowledged his acknowledgement and stressed that any appointment needs to appease more than it upsets.

So in short, we are looking for a young british manager who can grow and stay with the club for many years to come

One thing is certain , a new manager will be appointed who is not already on the pay role

Well reading that my mind is racing to all sorts of conclusions. There is so much underlying from what Shebby says that rings true with fears/suspicions.

That really does read as if Shebby has a clear remit from 'above' and they(those involved in this process) know exactly what they want/need from this situation.

This is NOT the news we wanted to hear. These are the sort of answers i suspected/feared.

Am i reading too much into this. Is this an over-reaction??

Everybody says it's all about Shebby pulling the strings. But who is pulling Shebby's strings???

Although Shebby did a great job in pushing Kean out, it's now clear he is manipulating the situation to better his own cause.

As fans we sleepwalked into the Kean disaster, I wonder if there is any way to get to the owners independent of Shebby and communicate why his plan is so flawed

Although Shebby did a great job in pushing Kean out, it's now clear he is manipulating the situation to better his own cause.

As fans we sleepwalked into the Kean disaster, I wonder if there is any way to get to the owners independent of Shebby and communicate why his plan is so flawed

I disagree. I think Shebby has a clear remit to perform.

Don't know if this has been posted before,

But after reading it, Maybe it's worth putting a few quid on him.

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle840982.html

Exactly what I was thinking.

What a bloody sample our owners are! They have no idea how to run a football club and are completely unwilling to learn from mistakes. Shebby has told us all this tripe about moulding an inexperienced manager into a 'mourinho'. Does that not smack of the cheap option again?

I honestly think Judan Ali could get this job. Might stick a tenner on myself actually.

I love the way everyone on here is defining who is young and up-coming etc etc.

Here are the basic facts, everyone on here knows the square route of bugger all about these people except what they have read in the press. And given whats been reported of Rovers recenlty you'd think caution would be the note of the day.

So if it's to be as the Trust and JW decreed, then sod it go get Hilly, takes no kean, turns average players into 1million pound players and has done well at 2 clubs now. Also remember barnsley played us off the park despite losing and given he had a sports scientist as his Number 2 in the late Paul Conway, we know he's forward thinking and endorses what it can bring to the table.

Hill & a performance Director in similiar mold and we can build from there.

Good post!

Why is everyone so against Judan Ali? Not that I'm endorsing him or anything, but I do hope people aren't slagging him off because he's British Indian. I mean, the guy has at least achieved some success at the national level for the under-16s, but people here are already making him out to be much, much, much worse than Steve Kean. Where is the basis for that?

Plus the guy's aim is to bring India to the Qatar 2022 World Cup, so I doubt he'll be going to any club for the next 12 years or so.

Why is everyone so against Judan Ali? Not that I'm endorsing him or anything, but I do hope people aren't slagging him off because he's British Indian. I mean, the guy has at least achieved some success at the national level for the under-16s, but people here are already making him out to be much, much, much worse than Steve Kean. Where is the basis for that?

Plus the guy's aim is to bring India to the Qatar 2022 World Cup, so I doubt he'll be going to any club for the next 12 years or so.

So the logical step from an under 16's Indian side is to come to a Championship club in disarray? It's not about being worse than Kean, it's about the development and rebuilding of a football club that's been torn apart.

Does anyone seriously think this is the job for a young man with no experience of managing senior professional footballers, they'll tear him to shreds.

Imagine if you were working at quite a large company and you had been in your career for 15+years. And the owner comes in and says, here's your new manager, we poached him from the corner shop at the top of the road, he increased sales there.

This rabble that currently wear the Blackburn Rovers shirt need a rocket up their arse from a manager who will demand respect, not some no mark kid who never made it as a footballer.

DISCLAIMER: If Judan Ali does become the next Jose Mourinho then I will neither be held responsible nor associated with any of the above comments ;)

No Black Burn - it's purely because he's British Indian. Nothing else. Nothing to do with the fact he's only managed at under 16 level, has NO experience whatsoever of the English Professional game - neither as a manager or a player. He's the rookie's rookie.

Add that to the fact that the clubs future is at stake here. We need promotion. Now is not the time to be gambling on the likes of Ali. Come to think of it I don't think there is a time to gamble on the likes of Ali.

Let's be honest Black Burn the guy would struggle to get to the interview stage at Chorley nevermind Blackburn Rovers.

No Black Burn - it's purely because he's British Indian. Nothing else. Nothing to do with the fact he's only managed at under 16 level, has NO experience whatsoever of the English Professional game - neither as a manager or a player. He's the rookie's rookie.

Add that to the fact that the clubs future is at stake here. We need promotion. Now is not the time to be gambling on the likes of Ali. Come to think of it I don't think there is a time to gamble on the likes of Ali.

Let's be honest Black Burn the guy would struggle to get to the interview stage at Chorley nevermind Blackburn Rovers.

well put it saved me the hassle!

Why is everyone so against Judan Ali? Not that I'm endorsing him or anything, but I do hope people aren't slagging him off because he's British Indian.

Don't talk wet, people are slagging him off because he's a relative unknown and we need someone to get us promoted first time round.

I can just picture the journalists reactions if it goes t!ts up and we start getting on his back, we'll have Darren Lewis and Oliver Holt playing the old racism card again.

Just thought i'd clear up some of these tweets.

We did indeed have a meeting tonight and the minutes will be out in due course, However no meeting would of been complete without a Manager update.

We asked what progress had been made, and would rovers be going down the experienced route which most supporters seem to prefer.

We was told that the calibre of applicants had been of the highest quality, however the club wanted a Manager who could be groomed into Englands answer to Mourinho. We was told that the manager did not have to be a big name or indeed be experienced. However he must share the same footballing philosophy of both Shebby and the Owners.

They would prefer a British Manager, and he ruled out Solksjaer and pretty much most of the names who have been muted. They are not after the finished article but a manager who can grow with the club and be part of the clubs future success.

At this point members of the committee, stressed that any wrong appointment or Manager deemed as a cheap option, would not be taken well by the supporter base after the experiment of the last 2 years.

We stressed that some supporters have come back on probation, and others are holding out until the appointment is made. We explained this is the biggest decision the club will ever make, and they can ill afford to get it wrong.

He explained that the final decision would rest with the owners, but it would be him who puts forward the recommendations.

He went on to quantify that any manager appointed must have a clean image/record throughout their career as a player/manager, and have no blots i.e relegations upon that record.

He ackowledged that whoever they appoint wont please everyone, we acknowledged his acknowledgement and stressed that any appointment needs to appease more than it upsets.

So in short, we are looking for a young british manager who can grow and stay with the club for many years to come

One thing is certain , a new manager will be appointed who is not already on the pay role

OGS would fit everyone of those criteria set above, apart from not being British.

Not accusing anyone of anything, just wanted to confirm why everyone is against him, that's all. I personally don't think he is the man for the job, but from what I've been reading everyone seems to be making him out to be devil incarnate, worse than Steve Kean, etc. I'm not saying he should get the job or anything, but I was taken aback by some of the comments made against him - calling him clown, Keaning Indian, another chicken or joker, something that isn't being made against the other inexperienced but non-Indian British/European managers like Filtty.

Oh your joking, where did you get that? I am not a betting man but I just jumped on to Skybet to get my free tenner and stick it on him. I'l probably never log on there again. I only got 20/1 on there

On betvictor, I've just stuck a fiver on, worth a do.

http://www.betvictor...14710/308055700

edit. just gone down to 40/1.

Not accusing anyone of anything, just wanted to confirm why everyone is against him, that's all. I personally don't think he is the man for the job, but from what I've been reading everyone seems to be making him out to be devil incarnate, worse than Steve Kean, etc. I'm not saying he should get the job or anything, but I was taken aback by some of the comments made against him - calling him clown, Keaning Indian, another chicken or joker, something that isn't being made against the other inexperienced but non-Indian British/European managers like Filtty.

We was told that the manager did not have to be a big name or indeed be experienced. However he must share the same footballing philosophy of both Shebby and the Owners.

and that, coupled with the fact that Shebby will recommend, but the owners will decide, should frighten every Rovers supporter to death.

and that, coupled with the fact that Shebby will recommend, but the owners will decide, should frighten every Rovers supporter to death.

Well, given that Shebby Singh recommended Jordan Rhodes and Nuno Gomes (over Kean's Simon Coxx) and the owners decided to listen to him, I think there is some cause for hope.

Where on this forum has anyone referred to his race?

Not sure if it was on this forum, but I think I saw that on Ewood Park's Finest Reloaded's wall.

Archived