BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

i notice mercerman is quiet after having some questions fired at him about his sources etc

Firstly, it's been a feckin long day and from 6.00 am this morning, have been out and about for most of the day.

Someone asked about OGS and referred to me 'blowing smoke up people's asses' - well, I've posted what my understanding is on several occasions and not doing so again, take it or leave it. However, for what it's worth, I would not be surprised if a couple of the candidates are not so p1ssed-off with the time Rovers are taking to get their 'ducks in a row', and see that, possibly, as a sign of things to come, that they say thanks but no thanks - read into that what you want.

As for Bolton, posted earlier that a friend who follows them and has good connections there, reckons it will be either OGS or Freedman with Robinson in reserve. Could there yet be egg on face in Ewood boardroom ?

someone on facebook, another itk has said glen's criteria is baloney

exactly tom

Shebby is not the fool some think - lots of smoke and mirrors here !

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though that is amusing in fairness he does mention they always change their mind.

I know just stating that the reported criteria is constantly changing.

Because of this, I can't see Rovers choosing a manager for a while yet.

Wasn't having a go at GM, just trying to say to people who are getting worked up at this latest tweet to calm down. Tomorrow Shebby will probably want a one armed Australian!

Promotion or ........ Shebbys quote, can't remember the rest, if GM is repeating what Shebby has intimated earlier, something just does not stack up.

We know it, they know it. we cannot afford to miss out this season. I just can't see the Brothers taking the gamble.

Really would like OGS, have my doubts he's even in the hat, Big name with an apprentice.

They won't care anyway will they? as long as they can do it on the cheap. so if they lose out to Bolton it will save their having to pay out for quality and give them the excuse they need to bring in a relatively untried guy, who just might turn out to be brilliant becuase they have to get lucky and get something right some time or might turn out to be trash and take us further down because that's the way most venkys decisions go.

Firstly, it's been a feckin long day and from 6.00 am this morning, have been out and about for most of the day.

Someone asked about OGS and referred to me 'blowing smoke up people's asses' - well, I've posted what my understanding is on several occasions and not doing so again, take it or leave it. However, for what it's worth, I would not be surprised if a couple of the candidates are not so p1ssed-off with the time Rovers are taking to get their 'ducks in a row', and see that, possibly, as a sign of things to come, that they say thanks but no thanks - read into that what you want.

As for Bolton, posted earlier that a friend who follows them and has good connections there, reckons it will be either OGS or Freedman with Robinson in reserve. Could there yet be egg on face in Ewood boardroom ?

Shebby is not the fool some think - lots of smoke and mirrors here !

!

No, I don't think he is......but at times he does do a cracking impression!

I think with the international break in mind, it has been sensible to take their time. The new man wouldn't be able to do proper training sessions anyway.

I agree with the people who feel that the owners were hoping Black would get a couple of wins under his belt to make the easiest and cheapest decision. If someone isn't appointed Mon/Tues next week, I reckon Black will probably be promoted.

merce, the 'blowing smoke' was my quote and was not intended to offend nor was i applying that you were, i just wanted your input on what you think will happen because im sure you DO have some sources but everything is so cryptic right now its giving me a headache and bringing on anxiety attacks, i just want this damn thing to be over asap so i can either be elated or furious!!!

by the way merce, when you say 'hes not the fool we think he is' what are you implying? that glens tweet was bollucks? or that glens criteria is the right way to go? (which it isnt)

• Backroom

someone on facebook, another itk has said glen's criteria is baloney

exactly tom

If you mean Tombo then he's about as far from an ITK as you can get

One of the two guys has met Shebby today the other has never even been to Ewood park

If you mean Tombo then he's about as far from an ITK as you can get

One of the two guys has met Shebby today the other has never even been to Ewood park

I don't get all this inside info, Glen tweeting lark. Shebby obviously wouldn't tell him something in strict confidence - because the outcome is always going to be VERY predictable...it would be like putting a plate of freshly cooked sausages on the carpet and asking your dog to watch over them whilst you go away for the weekend.

I think he is simply appeasing him by giving a generalised response. Keeps us talking though.

merce, the 'blowing smoke' was my quote and was not intended to offend nor was i applying that you were, i just wanted your input on what you think will happen because im sure you DO have some sources but everything is so cryptic right now its giving me a headache and bringing on anxiety attacks, i just want this damn thing to be over asap so i can either be elated or furious!!!

by the way merce, when you say 'hes not the fool we think he is' what are you implying? that glens tweet was bollucks? or that glens criteria is the right way to go? (which it isnt)

Smoke and mirrors - trying to throw a few off the scent !

Wonder what Glen would say if someone appointed who is completely different to his criteria !?!?

• Backroom

u mean thomas evans?

anyways, i still dont think the brothers will listen to shebby's crackpot idea because its totally idiotic

Yes also known as Tombo / West Sussex rover and various other usernames here, all banned for telling lies

For what it's worth I take any in the know info with a pinch of salt these days, I myself have had first hand info that doesn't materialise because with these owners anything and everything can happen

Balaji is a dreamer, last October he was hoping to get Ancelotti in so he may still want a big name but Mrs D may want a smaller outlay

Interesting chat with Nicko.

Asked about Coyle, SEM and JA replied.

Coyley uses a minor advisor. Never even met Jerome. He would drop anybody to get the right job.

Says he is so revved up, reading between the lines IMO lol, someone has got the poo end of the stick.

Think Sammy Lee was coming in as DoF as of last week.

Interesting to compare Oddschecker - Bolton and us. Mick McCarthy almost evens for them. Good. Hope he goes there. OGS though shorter odds for them than us. Freedman not even 50-1 for us but still 20-1 for them. Sherwood favorite for us. I'd support just about anyone but Black.

Just thought i'd clear up some of these tweets.

We did indeed have a meeting tonight and the minutes will be out in due course, However no meeting would of been complete without a Manager update.

We asked what progress had been made, and would rovers be going down the experienced route which most supporters seem to prefer.

We was told that the calibre of applicants had been of the highest quality, however the club wanted a Manager who could be groomed into Englands answer to Mourinho. We was told that the manager did not have to be a big name or indeed be experienced. However he must share the same footballing philosophy of both Shebby and the Owners.

They would prefer a British Manager, and he ruled out Solksjaer and pretty much most of the names who have been muted. They are not after the finished article but a manager who can grow with the club and be part of the clubs future success.

At this point members of the committee, stressed that any wrong appointment or Manager deemed as a cheap option, would not be taken well by the supporter base after the experiment of the last 2 years.

We stressed that some supporters have come back on probation, and others are holding out until the appointment is made. We explained this is the biggest decision the club will ever make, and they can ill afford to get it wrong.

He explained that the final decision would rest with the owners, but it would be him who puts forward the recommendations.

He went on to quantify that any manager appointed must have a clean image/record throughout their career as a player/manager, and have no blots i.e relegations upon that record.

He ackowledged that whoever they appoint wont please everyone, we acknowledged his acknowledgement and stressed that any appointment needs to appease more than it upsets.

So in short, we are looking for a young british manager who can grow and stay with the club for many years to come

One thing is certain , a new manager will be appointed who is not already on the pay role

So in short, we are looking for a young british manager who can grow and stay with the club for many years to come

Any young successful manager will soon move on. A club our size will always be viewed as a stepping stone for players and managers alike.

Based on what GM has just posted that puts the like of Tim Sherwood well and truly in the frame. Others along the likes of Shearer,Hill,Robinson as well.

Paul Clement could be a dark horse.

http://www1.skysport...into-management

If they are sticking to this strategy they should bring in Sherwood. Appears to be well respected and would galvanise the fanbase.

We was told that the calibre of applicants had been of the highest quality, however the club wanted a Manager who could be groomed into Englands answer to Mourinho. We was told that the manager did not have to be a big name or indeed be experienced. However he must share the same footballing philosophy of both Shebby and the Owners.

They would prefer a British Manager, and he ruled out Solksjaer and pretty much most of the names who have been muted. They are not after the finished article but a manager who can grow with the club and be part of the clubs future success.

Crazy. This is reminiscent of the gibberish they were coming out with back when they arrived on the scene. These people are absolute morons.

Any young successful manager will soon move on. A club our size will always be viewed as a stepping stone for players and managers alike.

Yea, how I see it is, this is just like how they want to bring in youngsters who they can later sell at a profit.....I don't mean to be a cynic but I reckon they want a young up-and-coming manager who can have success here and then they later get a lot of compensation for before they repeat the process.

Then again maybe they know most experienced managers won't tolerate all their bullshit.

They are not after the finished article but a manager who can grow with the club and be part of the clubs future success.

Must have a clean image/record throughout their career as a player/manager, and have no blots i.e relegations upon that record.

He ackowledged that whoever they appoint wont please everyone.

One thing is certain , a new manager will be appointed who is not already on the pay role

Well explains allot of the people touted early on..

Lets go through the selection process...

British...

Clemente, Trappatori, Reid, MCall, Larsson, Schuster, McCarthy, OGS, Keane, Sven, Shearer, Flitcroft, Sousa, Black, Sherwood, Klinsmann, Hitzfeld, Hill, Ali, Robinson, Grayson, Daum, Curbs, Ballardini, Freedman, Holloway, Rijkaard, Davies.....

Not on the payrol..

Reid, McCarthy, Keane, Shearer, Flitcroft, Black, Sherwood, Ali, Robinson, Grayson, Curbs, Freedman, Holloway, Davies.....

Young up and coming...

Reid, McCarthy, Keane (don't really think he is up and coming but hey ho they probably will), Shearer, Flitcroft, Sherwood, Hill, Ali, Robinson, Grayson, Curbs, Freedman, Holloway, Davies.....

No relegations as manager...

Keane, Shearer, Sherwood, Ali, Robinson, Freedman, Holloway.....

So final shortlist... WHOOO HOOO!!!! And would certainly fit with the won't please everyone comment...

Keane, Sherwood, Ali, Robinson, Freedman.....

[Edit]

Manager who would be willing to stay at the club for many years..

Ali, Sherwood

Ok maybe not Sherwood... So Welcome to Rovers Judan Ali

[End Edit]

Archived