BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

According to GM latest tweets after the meeting tonight with Shebby, Shebby will recommend then the family will decide.

Heres what else he put about the criteria

If things go to plan the manager has to tick a lot of boxes , Be squeaky clean , British , never been relegated , not the finished article

Must have the ability , drive and football philosophy to want to go all the way to the top . Served a good apprenticeship

Whatever he had achieved as a player or big name will have no baring on final decision . They want a footballing man, they want to create their own mourinho

Oh FFS!

How about two things.

1. Can turn bone idle losers, into winners.

2. Has actually managed before.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is a complete and utter mercenary. I always think that he walks into jobs with the sole intention of serving the minimum time to then get the maximum payout.

Besides anyone who goes back on a gentlemans agreement with Uncle Jack isn't worth a fig.

He didn't though, did he?

He had a contract with us to join the following summer, Lazio approached him in the meantime and Sven spoke with Jack.

Lazio were willing to pay compensation, but Jack tore up the contract and the pair remained friends.

Not the answer to our problems now, mind.

According to GM latest tweets after the meeting tonight with Shebby, Shebby will recommend then the family will decide.

If things go to plan the manager has to tick a lot of boxes , Be squeaky clean , British , never been relegated , not the finished article

Must have the ability , drive and football philosophy to want to go all the way to the top . Served a good apprenticeship

Whatever he had achieved as a player or big name will have no baring on final decision . They want a footballing man, they want to create their own mourinho

McCarthy it is then! (I wish)

tbh still sounds like they are reading a script written by the same person who wrote the "plan" with the added interference that whoever it is their Mrs must be good enough for Mrs d to have a cosy chat with while having a girly night watching sex in the city 5

A certain irony in a criteria list that the owners themselves could not hit ONE of.

Adding the "British" qualifier in there makes it very tough. Mark Hughes would probably tick most of the boxes if available.

If being British has a prerequisite then we're probably looking down beyond Championship level. Karl Robinson is the only one who seems to fit.

Take British out and I think Solskjaer is a good fit.

From what I understand from GM tweets, Rovers r looking for a Rodgers or Lambert type manager. British, plays attractive passing football and the next big thing in British football.

Three managers who would fit this are Karl Robinson from MK done, Keith Hill from Barnsley and Paul Dickov from Oldham.

GM doesnt think it will be OLS, Shearer or Sherwood.

Doesn't that pretty much rule out every manager we've been linked with - even the good ones?

Sounds like they are looking for the next Steve Kean (pre-relegation).

Here's hoping this is a smoke screen - otherwise, so much for being overwhelmed with applicants... :rolleyes:

EDIT: or they're offering it to Karl Robinson.

Actually that list makes perfect sense now. Obviously Shebby has had his eye on the Portuguese league - look how many players he brought to the club from there.

Two big success stories come out of that division - José Mourinho and Andre Villas-Boas. Both would fit the criteria perfectly - done well at lower clubs, young, not big name players, strong philosophy, native of the country.

Might pop a few quid on Karl Robinson. Can't see many others that fit.

Nice one Shebby, 'we have been surprised by the level of interest in the job hence why we are looking to appoint someone who has achieved basically nothing so far in their managerial career' as Cheap as possible

Hope you don't mind the edit :)

Must admit I am extremely underwhelmed by Shebbys latest remarks.

It will leave us with only young relative unproven championship managers and worse.

I would be disappointed if we end up with Hill, Robinson or any other of that caliber.

This was Venkys chance to get the club buzzing againg with a proven manager with a great record of managing good clubs - and they will kean it up again.

Why spend £8m on a striker if you wont splash the cash on the guy who matters?

And the new Mourinho - FFS, have you leant nothing with Ince and Kean?

Rant over - for now

karl robinson has achieved NOTHING and appointing him would just as big a mistake as ince, no way should we be looking at managers like that with this supposed interest, cant beleive venkys want to go down the cheap route again, lies, lies, lies, Kean em

Bye bye to bums on seats if it's Karl robinson. I've nothing against him, don't know enough about him to be honest, but if you are trying to entice back stayaway fans who have heard rumours of bigger managers and might come back for a name with enough pulling power or at least experience in this league, then appointing Robinson isn't going to do it. fans will just feel let down again. If we'd not had the quality of applicant that we're being told we've had then he might be enough but not when you've heard some of the names. And before you ask I already have a season ticket and will be attending however painful it may be. Whoever comes in I'll be giving them a chance, but surely they must know that unless a KR hits the ground running with huge success then it'll all just kick off again. The football world couldn't think much worse of us than it does now, so we'd have nothing to lose.

From what I understand from GM tweets, Rovers r looking for a Rodgers or Lambert type manager. British, plays attractive passing football and the next big thing in British football.

Three managers who would fit this are Karl Robinson from MK done, Keith Hill from Barnsley and Paul Dickov from Oldham.

GM doesnt think it will be OLS, Shearer or Sherwood.

Don't forget Eric Black.

chaddy. any of those 3 get the job and im out

typical, is this of certain fans. all cos you dont get your choice as manager. Im walking away.

You are suppose to support your club!!!

I personally think Karl Robinson will make a top manager. Hopefully if he gets the job at Rovers he do what Hughes did.

But who knows, The owners might change their minds and go for an experience manager. only time will tell

i wont give a chance to a manager i dont want. Gumboots, we have been led up the garden path again, all these false promises of exciting names and proven managers was all a red herring whereas in reality they were always planning to go cheap, most of us have already renewed our season tickets now and they know this, they are a bunch of chancers and i wont spend another penny after i have paid of my season ticket

typical, is this of certain fans. all cos you dont get your choice as manager. Im walking away.

You are suppose to support your club!!!

I personally think Karl Robinson will make a top manager. Hopefully if he gets the job at Rovers he do what Hughes did.

But who knows, The owners might change their minds and go for an experience manager. only time will tell

It's not the point. We need someone we can all agree is the kind of person to really do things here immediately. Now we might not agree on a single name, but we all know the kind of person we're talking about. Robinson might turn out well but we really can't afford to gamble any more than we have to. Every manager could be a failure or a roaring success but you can limit the possibility of failure if you get in the right kind of person and make sure a broad spectrum of fans can see why that person is there.

Archived