BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Souness to Botlon?

Lhrover

Was talking to my mate who is a bolton fan in the pub and he showed me this.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/boltons-managerial-short-list-is-graeme-souness-1381814

I think he could do well at Bolton. Not sure on the likelihood of it happening though, hes been out of work for 6 years ish.

Even though he left us for newcastle (I think sir bobby was a hard act to follow on from) I think he was a good manager for us, won promotion and then the league cup.

What do you guys think?

Was talking to my mate who is a bolton fan in the pub and he showed me this.

http://www.mirror.co...<br /><br />I think he could do well at Bolton. Not sure on the likelihood of it happening though, hes been out of work for 6 years ish.

Even though he left us for newcastle (I think sir bobby was a hard act to follow on from) I think he was a good manager for us, won promotion and then the league cup.

What do you guys think?

Good call imo, got us promoted and won a cup, then went a bit stale, could be good for us in our present state, as I posted before coco went

• Moderation Lead

Remember him on TV saying he didn't fancy coming back, as he didn't want the pressure, and was enjoying being a pundit.

But, as the poster above rightly points out- money talks. With that in mind, if he was available, we should be chucking it at him to get him to come back to Ewood. Ideal candidate.

• Backroom

Money talks, but he has his heart to think about, let's not forget. Don't think he'll want to risk his heart going cockahoop, when he can sit on Sky for good money. And I wouldn't want him in management tbh, as he's a cracking pundit.

Nixon stated a month or two back that Souness would take a job under the right circumstances. When I asked him after Kean left whether or not he would consider taking the Rovers job he said he would definitely not. Then again, some would say, what does Nicko know? :P

Souness is my first choice, and would be sad to see him manage Bolton to be honest.

Never go back.

Souness was a true legend for this club and re-established us as a PL side. But I'd rather not taint his memory by having him return to work under the chicken farmers. Not to mention he's been out of the game for awhile now and he hardly left on a high note. Recipe for disaster, if you ask me.

Souness did really well here but towards the end, he lost the plot. Fighting with Yorke and buying Cole for 7 million to see him go on a free 18 months later due to another fight. He lost the dressing room and was about to lose his Rovers job as we were 20th before he jumped to Newcastle in a suprise move. I was glad when he left, also glad of what he done here but I do not want him back.

Souness did really well here but towards the end, he lost the plot. Fighting with Yorke and buying Cole for 7 million to see him go on a free 18 months later due to another fight. He lost the dressing room and was about to lose his Rovers job as we were 20th before he jumped to Newcastle in a suprise move. I was glad when he left, also glad of what he done here but I do not want him back.

to be fair cole did score the winner in the cup final, I think your right though, he had his time and did well here before losing it towards the end

Archived