BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Clip of Steve Kean scoring for Bath City

Steve Kean describing his playing career:-

"I spent 5 years at Celtic as a young player but it was very hard to establish myself and get in the first team so I then left Celtic and went to play abroad. I played in Portugal for five years with Academia which is a team in the top division in a city called Coimbra and I played for a club called Naval for 2 years as well so that was a time when I saw a different side to football because it was a different style it was very technical the Portuguese always produced really flair players different from the Scottish style and the English style. Then after I left Portugal I went back to Reading because the manager of Reading at the time was Mark McGhee and I had played with Mark at Celtic and I went there and then I finished at Reading with a dislocated ankle broken tibia and fibula and started coaching at the centre of excellence as it was then, in the evenings with the young kids and then worked my way up until I was Academy director at Reading."

I have trawled the Celtic archives and the video library of Portugal and I managed to find this goal in the Bath City club shop.

STEVE KEAN SCORING FOR BATH CITY V YEOVIL BOXING DAY 1991

"dislocated ankle broken tibia and fibula"

That's a very nasty injury. I wonder who did that (assuming that it's true)?

If you find out, can you congratulate him and ask if he can do the other ankle?

Archived