BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Peterborough United versus BRFC; 17 November 2012.

m1st

There's got to be something going on with Simon. He had a stormer when he came on last weekend then captained his country (who are above England in their group) in midweek.

Any other theories flying around other than the appearance fee one? Attitude problem? The next Van Der Meyde?

Then there was Berg saying he's a good option to have from the bench. Not really the way you'd described a player of his calibre, tbh. Could be reading too much into that quote but hey. The guy's PL quality and if he can't break into our side then questions will be asked.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A guy who played midweek maybe need to be rested and why bring him on in a game when we didn't need his impact when we could give another player a run out and save him for future games?

I'm also not convinced he's Premiership quality. He may be, but he's done nothing whilst here to prove he is.

Then there was Berg saying he's a good option to have from the bench. Not really the way you'd described a player of his calibre, tbh. Could be reading too much into that quote but hey. The guy's PL quality and if he can't break into our side then questions will be asked.

Hardly played last season and this term too. New manager seems to have doubts. No PL club has been in for him.

Yet he is "PL quality".

Carry on trolling.

Hardly played last season and this term too. New manager seems to have doubts. No PL club has been in for him.

Yet he is "PL quality".

Carry on trolling.

And yet he's a regular for his country and has shown his class on the few occasions he's been given to play. He would not look out of place in a PL side.

Either he's upset the wrong people or there's some financial clause at work.

Having Henley behind him is probably the biggest reason. Henley has great energy and gets down that right hand side to provide width, allowing Formica to drift inside where he's a bit more comfortable. He's a hard worker though and never leaves Henley exposed.

What you mean is Formica has the ability to look busy doing nothing.

• Backroom

A lucky bounce on his head followed by a needlessly rash tackle and a week later a fortunate deflection.

You say that I say he won a penalty then opened the scoring a week later

A lucky bounce on his head followed by a needlessly rash tackle and a week later a fortunate deflection.

Well we can all do that....you praised Rhodes before....his hat-trick....1st - header that was deflected in...CB was asleep...keeper might have done better......2nd - first rule of goalkeeping is cover your inside post......3rd - inexcusable "marking" from a corner.

He also sort of missed an open goal.

Formica has been playing much better recently....mainly because there's options in front of him to pass to....same with Murphy.

Yeah, fair enough Tony. Of course the other reason why Formica and Rochina are seeing more of the ball, is because Berg has the team playing out from the back. As for Simon, well this is going to sound like a cop out :rolleyes: , but you will have had a better view than me. I'm not certain about him is the answer, mainly because I haven't seen enough of him and the view from the riverside where I was sat, wasn't great. From the JW upper, I reckon you can see far more and weigh the game up quicker. So' I'll throw that one back to you - what do you think of him? What's his best position for starters? We've had many talented players in the past who haven't made it simply because they haven't been able to make one position their own.

Rochina and Formica are flawed but valuable in this league. For all his faults, Rochina makes things happen – something we have been missing I think.

I did watch the last 2 matches (the rest on RoversPlayer). I was very impressed with Simon’s 30 minutes against Birmingham. So much so in fact that I did a minute by minute summary of his contribution. If you are interested you can find it here (#315):

http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/27991-birmingham-preview/page__st__300

The key points I noticed were:

He came looking for the ball – e.g. making himself available to the centrebacks as an easy option.

He received it with confidence, good first touch, and dealt with any nearby defender with ease.

He hardly played a bad ball all the time he was on.

He too made things happen, setting up 2 or 3 excellent attacking chances. Unlike Rochina there is no apparent downside!

He also got into good positions himself.

I think he is a touch of class and I hope Tom is right when he says that Bergie was just resting him last Saturday.

Up to and including the Brum game it seemed like he was being nurtured to match fitness. Seeing as he played the full 90 abroad for his country, and that we had the Peterborough game sewed up after 30 mins, I'd have been amazed if he had brought him on tbh

Spent force.

Let's give gametime to players who might actually have a future.

Shebby Singh I presume? You need to be more careful with your password Topman. ^_^ Pederson still has much to offer this campaign but as far as spent forces surely Murphy and Dunny are rather more spent?

Having Henley behind him is probably the biggest reason. Henley has great energy and gets down that right hand side to provide width, allowing Formica to drift inside where he's a bit more comfortable. He's a hard worker though and never leaves Henley exposed.

Henley's best contribution is constantly reminding us all how slow Orr was..... and how crooked the deal must have been that brought him here. :glare:

Archived