BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Peterborough United versus BRFC; 17 November 2012.

m1st

I didn;t go ,watched it on SKY , things have improved since the arrival of Berg ...

We sit this morning in a play off position , so keep touch with the leaders an old adage but a long way to go !!!!

I have a few concerns , there is a distinct lack of energy in midfield and I think we need more of a physical presence at back and midfield ( Hendry, Moran , Nelsen etc)

People going on about a creative midfield player (young Dunny) but I think we need a Garry Flitcroft type player !

Agree with you here...

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peterboro must be one of the worst teams in league , but we can only play who we are playing !

No, I think you must have got it wrong! This is what Mr Ferguson thought:

"I really enjoyed watching some of our football.”

“A lot of people might have thought Blackburn would go on to get five or six but we stuck to our task and kept looking for the ball.”

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8256076/

No, I think you must have got it wrong! This is what Mr Ferguson thought:

"I really enjoyed watching some of our football.”

“A lot of people might have thought Blackburn would go on to get five or six but we stuck to our task and kept looking for the ball.”

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8256076/

But for the woodwork, a marginal offside and some spawny "goalkeeping" it would have been 7 at least.

Didn't realise Kean's Guide to Football Management BS was out already nor the Fergie Jr was a reader.

Rochina lost the ball on the edge of our penalty area trying to be clever. When the ball went in Robinson sprinted towards Rochina and was clearly angry. Perhaps he gets a clean sheet bonus and Rochina's fannying cost him! To be fair Rochina held his hands up in an apologetic manner. Whilst he clearly is a talent there is a lot of work to do with him about his decision making.

Fair shout, but that's what Rochina tweeted himself and said he will learn from the mistake. He totally accepted the goal was his fault and apologised for it. Cheering to see he understands his shortcomings as well as becoming a critical cog in the team.

Yes Peterborough aren't great but you've got to be pleased with the massive improvement in organisation and motivation in the team. Onwards and upwards!

You up for returning OJ? I notice your tag says boycotting.

We need every committed fan back now.

He's no worldie but Formica really has stepped it up recently and looked a different player. Think he's found his position, tucked in there on the right. Leaves us a little narrow sometimes but we've got Henley on the overlap.

I went to the match yesterday, my first for some years. I really enjoyed it and was mesmersised by Rochina in the first half - wonderful. But he certainly faded in the second half.

I was struck by the difference in styles of Murphy and Lowe, who replaced him. Murphy isn't super quick but seems to be able to hold the ball and control play. Lowe is much quicker but doesn't seem to want to keep the ball - he immediately looks for someone to pass it to.

Couldn't see any obvious weak links yesterday.

It was good to see so many Rovers supporters there.

I went to the match yesterday, my first for some years. I really enjoyed it and was mesmersised by Rochina in the first half - wonderful. But he certainly faded in the second half.

I was struck by the difference in styles of Murphy and Lowe, who replaced him. Murphy isn't super quick but seems to be able to hold the ball and control play. Lowe is much quicker but doesn't seem to want to keep the ball - he immediately looks for someone to pass it to.

Couldn't see any obvious weak links yesterday.

It was good to see so many Rovers supporters there.

15% of fans there yesterday were Rovers fans - just over 900. We have been very well supported away from home so far and this will only increase as we move up the table.

The term Port Out Starboard Home originated from the sea trips to and from India. If you were on the port side of the ship on the way to India you were generally on the shady side from the sun and vice versa on the way back. The rich "posh" people paid extra for the privelidge.

QI Klaxxon on that I'm afraid

Very encouraging but still very much a work in progress.

Always was a fan of Murphy until his legs went. He is showing under Berg he can do a job at this level with the right players around him.

Even in the Championship I think Dann and Etuhu are very suspect and having two weaknesses like them in the team's spine means we will lose games we shouldn't do. Dann is not the right partner for bringing Hanley through and I'd rather see Givet partnering the young Scot.

Much more encouraging is we seem to have found a role Formica can play and there could be a devastating partnership between Rochina and Rhodes. I'd hope Vukcevic could be included and hope Dunn can get the level of fitness back needed to displace Etuhu.

Even in the Championship I think Dann and Etuhu are very suspect and having two weaknesses like them in the team's spine means we will lose games we shouldn't do. Dann is not the right partner for bringing Hanley through and I'd rather see Givet partnering the young Scot.

Which Dann are you watching? The Dann I have been seeing this season, has probably been one of our best players so far. Brilliant defensive and always dangerous on set pieces. I could not stand Dann last season, but this season he a different player.

• Backroom

Murphy is playing better in part to Etuhu sitting back and letting Murphy go forward

Play Dunn alongside him and you will see more of the early season Murphy I think, Etuhu gets a lot of unfair stick, he may misplace the odd pass but not that many IMO

Many on here are trying to downplay the win just cause it was against Peterborough. Pre-Berg we did ONLY JUST draw with teams like Ipswich, and lose against MK Dons..

Good performance yesterday.

Formica looked really good.

Henley and Lowe need to relax.

Martin/Marcus need to look for other players to pass to apart from eachother.

Rochina does need to improve decision making however I think its also a case of the attacking side of the team being on the same wavelength as him, since sometimes he does most of the hard work of dribbling past 2-3 players then finds himself limited options (shooting from distance/angles/weaker foot or a complicated pass to players who have made little effort to get unmarked. Rhodes being the exception, his movement off the ball is class)

Jordan Rhodes' finishing was class. Just like Jason Roberts... his initials i mean.

I really couldnt see anyplace in that team for MGP had the score been 0-0 when he came on, ddnt offer anything.

In hindsight, it would have been a good day to give Henrique and Rosado a run out.

Always was a fan of Murphy until his legs went.

Don't understand why people say this.

He covers loads of ground and still breaks forward with attacks. Against Birmingham he was even driving forward with the ball and leaving players behind him.

His biggest issue will be recovery time between games, Berg was very wise to take him off early.

Just had a chat with Michel Salgado on Twitter about yesterday's game.

Not going to lie, I fanboyed!

James Crook@James__Crook

@TheRealSalgado Just in case you haven't heard yet, Blackburn won 4-1 yesterday. First win under Berg!

Expand

23m Michel Salgado@TheRealSalgado

@James__Crook I was watching the game, I liked the line-up with Rochina playing in the hole off Rhodes

Expand

21m James Crook@James__Crook

@TheRealSalgado Yeah he's got us set up well now. Just a shame you aren't still around! What did you think of Henley?

Expand

19m Michel Salgado@TheRealSalgado

@James__Crook amazing player, he's doing really well

Expand

17m James Crook@James__Crook

@TheRealSalgado He probably picked up a few things off you.

Expand

14m Michel Salgado@TheRealSalgado

@James__Crook hopefuly

Very encouraging but still very much a work in progress.

Much more encouraging is we seem to have found a role Formica can play and there could be a devastating partnership between Rochina and Rhodes. I'd hope Vukcevic could be included and hope Dunn can get the level of fitness back needed to displace Etuhu.

dunn with murphy would be a disaster. etuhu is ok but we'd be looking really good if we could get nzonzi back instead. is he playing at stoke?

Archived