BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Peterborough United versus BRFC; 17 November 2012.

m1st

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didnt see the first half and watched the 2nd on a bad stream, so im not going to comment on the game itself, but rather the timing of such a big victory. If there ever was a time, to pull a big win out of the bag, it was needed more now was then ever. Perfect timing and glad to see the new regime getting things done.

Rochina needs a proper bollocking, no matter the score that sort of thing is unacceptable

Blimey, bit harsh that at 4-0 up.

He didn't get everything right but you won't see a better ball anywhere all season than the defence splitting ball for Rhodes' third. If he does that once or twice every game he's done his job and you can forgive the odd lapse.

Was also always looking to be involved and was generally at the hub of all our play. Stamina seemed a lot better than last week.

It turned out a very flattering 1-4 for Peterborough I thought. Pedersen's goal would have been allowed more often than not, Rhodes actually missed a fairly straightforward chance and we were very unlucky with the two that hit the woodwork.

Could easily have been seven or eight one.

Tremendous stuff from Formica I thought. Much better.

Rhodes, what a player. People might not like me saying it it but I think we owe a huge debt of gratitude to the owners for pushing the boat out for this lad.

Henning Berg - once again, what a difference he's made in just a couple of weeks. Like I said last week if we continue playing like that the results will come.

One swallow doesn't make a summer but we're probably only about 6 points behind where we'd like to be ideally and it's a marathon not a sprint so things are shaping up nicely.

Just need cover in one or two positions in January. We need either Best back or cover for Rhodes and possibly a central midfielder in case anything happens to Etuhu or Murphy imo.

Don't get too attached. That's all anyone can say.

Anyway, great first-half, and mixed second-half. Thought Formica, in particular, had another impressive game. Rhodes again clinical in front of goal, and Rochina continues to frustrate the crap out of people.

Really naffed about conceding at the end. Especially to a pub team like Peterboro. A clean sheet would've been the icing on the cake.

Onwards and upwards.

I think he'll be targeting 20 plus league goals. If that's the case the best we can hope for is that his goals have fired us to promotion and he gives us another season. If not he'll be offski but we should double our money.

Lets enjoy him and the moment!

• Backroom

Rochina has to be careful as there are a few players after that position so it should keep him on his toes

Rev - it's not harsh as its symptomatic of the downside of his game, immensely talented but just not that bright sometimes

Must have been bitter sweet seeing that goal ruled out

Still no idea how it stayed at 4 with the chances near the end

No, only sweet !

Agree, sweating near the end and could have been 5 or 6. Just got a gut feeling earlier in the week and ran with a win bet at little better than evens with a cheeky fiver @ 50/1 - sometimes you just get a gut feeling and run with it !

Perfect evening, handsome Rovers' win and a bob or two earned as well. Off for a bite and a few bevvies now !

Fantastic performance and result. I said last week that if we play like we did against Birmingham on a regular basis then we will batter lot of teams and today we did just that.

Peterborough are woeful but they were unlucky to lose against palace and Brighton in the past few weeks so they do have some pedigree.

Formica again was impressive. Rochina got a bit fancy after we went 3-0 up; desperately wanted to score.

Very encouraging performance.

We have polished off the bottom club and got that first win, now for one or two tasty fixtures.

There are some Premier class players at Ewood but we are not playing promotion football yet. Give Henning a month and I expect he will lick Rovers into shape.

Incidentally, Shebby dresses as a Nazi but Henning demurs to go as a pencil....

• Backroom

No, only sweet !

Agree, sweating near the end and could have been 5 or 6. Just got a gut feeling earlier in the week and ran with a win bet at little better than evens with a cheeky fiver @ 50/1 - sometimes you just get a gut feeling and run with it !

Perfect evening, handsome Rovers' win and a bob or two earned as well. Off for a bite and a few bevvies now !

Ha ha once upon a time I gave you stick for the betting talk but after the nod from you that Kean was 40/1 to go next ill never moan again:p

Enjoy your night

Rochina has to be careful as there are a few players after that position so it should keep him on his toes

Rev - it's not harsh as its symptomatic of the downside of his game, immensely talented but just not that bright sometimes

I think there's a big difference between doing that at 4-0 up and at 0-0 or 1-0 up myself but you're right, no doubt he'll get a ticking off from Berg.

• Backroom

I think there's a big difference between doing that at 4-0 up and at 0-0 or 1-0 up myself but you're right, no doubt he'll get a ticking off from Berg.

I think now is the perfect time for Ruben to excel, a continued run in the team with a manager who looks like he won't accept any silliness and two or three players breathing down his neck. His link up with Jordan has been superb he just has to cut out the stepovers sometimes

As an aside young Adam Henley has been superb since coming into the team his drive to get forward got us the first goal and spurred us on

The most annoying thing was that it was pure laziness, it wasn't a case of making simply the wrong decision, he was dallying around knowing the game was won.

Good stuff !!!

Great to see the team enjoying their football again and playing with smiles on their faces.

Please stop at 4 and give Posh a consolation - would really make the evening complete !

Sorry but that it just spooky!

Hope you'll stop whinging now and get a season ticket... :rover:

I am very happy with 1 v 4. As Rev says it could have been 6, 7 or 8.

However few complaints, onwards and upwards hopefully.

Rhodes seems like a decent lad with his head screwed on straight.

How long till an agent gets to him then?

I just hope we manage to keep hold of Rhodes in the January window.

As an aside young Adam Henley has been superb since coming into the team his drive to get forward got us the first goal and spurred us on

I think Henley has been a big factor in Formica's drastic improvement. Henley isn't afraid to surge forward and gives Formica a lot more options when he has the ball.

I posted last season that a Spanish football correspondent said on Talksport that Real Madrid had been tracking Henley. It seemed bizarre at the time and I know someone who knows Henley and Henley was apparently completely unaware of it but you can certainly see why now.

New contract time for him I think.

I am very happy with 1 v 4. As Rev says it could have been 6, 7 or 8.

However few complaints, onwards and upwards hopefully.

I just hope we manage to keep hold of Rhodes in the January window.

I'd reckon potential suitors will want to see him have a full season in the Championship before taking a punt. We should be ok until the summer.

Delighted with the result. We've needed to give someone a good kicking for too long. Rhodes was brilliant. His second goal was a great finish. I thought that Markus Olsson had a good game. Formica looked impressive and took his goal brilliantly. The pass from Rochina for Rhodes second goal was out of this world. However I found him infuriating at times, making the wrong choice time and again, giving sloppy passes when under no pressure and slowing the pay down by doing a needless trick. Obviously he needs more games to eradicate this from his play and it will take time. He went looking for the ball, tried to make things happen and this is good to see. Let's follow this up with another win now.

He put a Tugay shot in his own net I think

That was it. He tried to kick it away and it ended up going backwards

Great day

I'd reckon potential suitors will want to see him have a full season in the Championship before taking a punt. We should be ok until the summer.

I can't see Venkys cashing in before he plays in prem (if promoted).

CKR just tweeted:

'Laughable '

Wonder if its related to rovers

And Rochina tweeted apologising for losing the ball and said he will learn from it

1) Who? Bovvered?

2) Never you mind Ruben, just you keep providing passes like the one for our third goal. Hope someone can tweet telling him that as well.

Good stuff !!!

Great to see the team enjoying their football again and playing with smiles on their faces.

Please stop at 4 and give Posh a consolation - would really make the evening complete !

Are you psychic, Mercerman? I was annoyed we didn't keep a clean sheet. We should have won 5-0. Pedersen was offside by half the diameter of a zimmerframe strut. And Gomes' effort bounced off the keeper onto the post.

Good three points though :tu:

How fat is Lee Tomlin?

Fatter than Dunny !

Archived