BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Peterborough United versus BRFC; 17 November 2012.

m1st

Were they bad - or did Rovers make them look bad ?

Combination of both I would say....I saw their highlights of their League Cup defeat to someone and their defending was comical.....and they're that low down in the league for a reason.

But we would trouble all the sides in the league if we played like that imo.

They were poor sure, but we were missing our best defender, had a left winger who's essentially just a sprinter playing football....and we're still not of the required fitness. With Vukcevic and Nunes missing who will play a significant part also.....and Berg not having too long with the squad.....I think there was plenty on Saturday to suggest we could do very well this season under Berg.

We're coming up against an in-form Millwall side with a few decent players on Saturday....that will give us a further indication of our credentials.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many on here are trying to downplay the win just cause it was against Peterborough. Pre-Berg we did ONLY JUST draw with teams like Ipswich, and lose against MK Dons..

Good performance yesterday.

Formica looked really good.

Henley and Lowe need to relax.

Martin/Marcus need to look for other players to pass to apart from eachother.

Rochina does need to improve decision making however I think its also a case of the attacking side of the team being on the same wavelength as him, since sometimes he does most of the hard work of dribbling past 2-3 players then finds himself limited options (shooting from distance/angles/weaker foot or a complicated pass to players who have made little effort to get unmarked. Rhodes being the exception, his movement off the ball is class)

Jordan Rhodes' finishing was class. Just like Jason Roberts... his initials i mean.

I really couldnt see anyplace in that team for MGP had the score been 0-0 when he came on, ddnt offer anything.

In hindsight, it would have been a good day to give Henrique and Rosado a run out.

TBF though we won't see a worse performance than Peterborough's all season. They just stood there while we ran through them!

I remain cautiously optimistic, I want to see us play well and win against a good team.

The only thing that disappointed me.............Why didn't Simon get a game? Seems that there is still something not quite right there.

Good question ! surely we should be seeing him on a regular basis from now on unless that is we cant afford to play as the rumours have suggested.

dunn with murphy would be a disaster. etuhu is ok but we'd be looking really good if we could get nzonzi back instead. is he playing at stoke?

See comments fromPulis I posted on another thread. They won't be releasing N'Zonzi in a hurry or cheaply.

4M for him was an absolute snip and when he goes to Arsenal or wherever one day for a very big fee, I'd like to see Mrs Desai's reaction. Had they not kept Kean on, we might not have lost N'Zonzi. Pitiful.

Edit----see Henley thread.

• Backroom

Especially if Pedersen's coming on before him.

In fairness Pedersen came on and looked pretty good

Maybe just horses for courses and we'll probably see Simon involved next week

I think that, baring in mind Vukcevic had played 90 minutes in midweek, and the game was won, as well as the fact Berg seems to see him as an alternative to Rochina in the hole, bringing on Pedersen allowed him to see someone else have a cameo in their natural position(he looked good too), as well as spare Vukcevic more minutes during which he had already flown out to play for Montenegro.

I think that, baring in mind Vukcevic had played 90 minutes in midweek, and the game was won, as well as the fact Berg seems to see him as an alternative to Rochina in the hole, bringing on Pedersen allowed him to see someone else have a cameo in their natural position(he looked good too), as well as spare Vukcevic more minutes during which he had already flown out to play for Montenegro.

He also captained the Montenegro side on midweek.

Pedersen had a rough tackle :blink: Always nice to see that..

Bit harsh that Den - both players have improved markedly in the past 4 weeks. Doesn't mean they're PL standard yet though.

They're seeing far more of the ball because the opposition is so much poorer Jim, hence why they are more involved. Rochina has the potential to improve but still exhibits the same inconsistencies, while Formica is exactly the same player he was - why wouldn't he be? I seem to be on my own here about Formica's performances of late, but I don't think he played all that well at Peterborough.

They're seeing far more of the ball because the opposition is so much poorer Jim, hence why they are more involved. Rochina has the potential to improve but still exhibits the same inconsistencies, while Formica is exactly the same player he was - why wouldn't he be? I seem to be on my own here about Formica's performances of late, but I don't think he played all that well at Peterborough.

I think you are being a tad harsh too den but I would value your opinion of Simon especially the Birmingham game (which I managed to see.)

I think you are being a tad harsh too den but I would value your opinion of Simon especially the Birmingham game (which I managed to see.)

Yeah, fair enough Tony. Of course the other reason why Formica and Rochina are seeing more of the ball, is because Berg has the team playing out from the back. As for Simon, well this is going to sound like a cop out :rolleyes: , but you will have had a better view than me. I'm not certain about him is the answer, mainly because I haven't seen enough of him and the view from the riverside where I was sat, wasn't great. From the JW upper, I reckon you can see far more and weigh the game up quicker. So' I'll throw that one back to you - what do you think of him? What's his best position for starters? We've had many talented players in the past who haven't made it simply because they haven't been able to make one position their own.

Er'e Er'e! What's all this? Someone actually being fair to MGP? Don't you know that's agin the rules of this MB young man?.......Don't you DARE do that again!!

I was surprised at how many people seemed to rave about Formica's performance against PeterBorough - I thought he only had an average performance - though as always worked hard. However - against Birmingham - he had his best match for Rovers - and finally looked like a half-decent player - though still don't see a £3.5m player.

For players like Rochina - this division is Bergs opportunity to play them - and hopefully improve their consistency. Duff, Dunn and Jansen all improved their all round game playing in the Championship - lets hope the same will be said about some of our current more inconsistent players. Personally - in Rochina - I have seen improvements - long way from the finished article, but he has skill and vision that you just can't teach.

I was surprised at how many people seemed to rave about Formica's performance against PeterBorough - I thought he only had an average performance - though as always worked hard. However - against Birmingham - he had his best match for Rovers - and finally looked like a half-decent player - though still don't see a £3.5m player.

For players like Rochina - this division is Bergs opportunity to play them - and hopefully improve their consistency. Duff, Dunn and Jansen all improved their all round game playing in the Championship - lets hope the same will be said about some of our current more inconsistent players. Personally - in Rochina - I have seen improvements - long way from the finished article, but he has skill and vision that you just can't teach.

The thing which has impressed me about Formica in the last 3 games or so is that he finally looks comfortable in his position. It's been obvious for a while that he's got a bit of talent, certainly enough for the Championship, and works very hard. Trouble has always been that he never looked as though he could play on the wing properly, and that seems to have changed since Berg has come in.

Er'e Er'e! What's all this? Someone actually being fair to MGP? Don't you know that's agin the rules of this MB young man?.......Don't you DARE do that again!!

Spent force.

Let's give gametime to players who might actually have a future.

Trouble has always been that he never looked as though he could play on the wing properly, and that seems to have changed since Berg has come in.

Having Henley behind him is probably the biggest reason. Henley has great energy and gets down that right hand side to provide width, allowing Formica to drift inside where he's a bit more comfortable. He's a hard worker though and never leaves Henley exposed.

Archived