BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BBC SPORTS PERSONALITY

I would have thought Bradley Wiggins would be favourite with Andy Murray second. Wiggins having achieved the first ever yellow jersey for a Britain in the tour de France and Murray getting the First Grand Slam victory by a Brit since Fred Perry. They also both had an excellent Olympics. Other Olympians could come into the reckoning and take votes away from Ennis. I would expect Team GB to take the team of the year award. .

You could give it to a whole load of Olympians as they did fantastically but there are to many of them, that's why Brad Wiggins edges it because he's done one better than them by winning the Tour as well as Olympic gold. He's also much more of a personality than Murray who, let's face it, doesn't have one.

When Wiggins won the tour and then Olympic gold, he looked a shoe-in. The problem is that the others then all turned it on too. I'd still vote Wiggins as he's this strange looking bloke who doesn't seem to care about what others think and just gets on with it. I like that slight quirkiness about him. Ennis is a superb athlete too and I'd not mind her winning it too. It would seem, if I read it correctly, that the OP is suggesting it might be rigged? I don't think so!

• Backroom

All in all he probably hasn't done 'enough' to win it but the highlight of my sporting year was seeing Mo win his first gold, the whole country seemed to be rocking

• Backroom

If we're talking about sexy olympians (Jess and now Vicky), why not Laura Trott? Phwoarrr!!! She can ride me anyday of the week. Phew!

Right sports personality.....Wiggo, Murray, Mo Farah (in my order of preference). All firsts (or firsts for over 70 years).

It's got to be Wiggins...

The tour IMO is one of the toughest sporting challenges.

There was a documentary on him last night on sky Atlantic.

I think Murray is a close second as he has had a phenomenal year. A gold, a silver, a grand slam and he was runner up in Australia.

It simply has to be Wiggins, winning the TdF (and just about every other stage race he entered) is a pheonomenal result and following with Olympic Gold 10 days later must outweigh any other UK performance. The fact he doesn't play the media game might work against him but probably makes him more of a worthwhile winner.

Archived