BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mark Hughes

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone else mentioned the other day of this here brfcs, I think Hughes' time has come and gone. He had free reign at City and spent loads, same at QPR. It didn't happen.

At the same time though it was absolutely disgusting how he was treat at QPR by their fans. I heard he got boo'd by the crowd last match. Animals. Sickening. Maybe with a bit more support he'd have turned it round. They should hang their heads in shame. Isn't that right braddock?

Then again it was bleeding obvious what was going to happen. A failing manager, no matter his pedigree (or lack of it) gets the sack based on results. Unless your owners are Venkys.

shocking behavior. Surprisd Moyes didnt speak out. Apparently he had a worse record than Kean. Didnt read about two driving offences and two people trying to sue him.

Hughes is damaged goods as a top-flight manager, I'd be amazed if he got another Premier League job now. If he wants to continue as a manager (questionable since he is immensely rich after a long career at the top and his various managerial pay-offs), he will have to start again in the lower divisions. Perhaps with us after Berg fails to secure promotion this season and the financial balloon goes up in the summer ??

shocking behavior. Surprisd Moyes didnt speak out. Apparently he had a worse record than Kean. Didnt read about two driving offences and two people trying to sue him.

If we had sacked Kean 12 months ago today and appointed Hughes , I cannot help thinking we would have been watching premier league football today at Ewood Park ....

What went wrong ? I suspect it was expectation of the crowd , poor signings.....Don;t think the QPR fans ever took to him , maybe wrong !

His big mistake was the arrogant way he left Fulham , thinking he was to good for them ..

That could haunt him for the rest of his managerial career , think he may go into international management next ....

Not sure he will go back to club management but time will tell ...

Hughes is damaged goods as a top-flight manager, I'd be amazed if he got another Premier League job now. If he wants to continue as a manager (questionable since he is immensely rich after a long career at the top and his various managerial pay-offs), he will have to start again in the lower divisions. Perhaps with us after Berg fails to secure promotion this season and the financial balloon goes up in the summer ??

You and Mercerman seem an unlikely tag team. The anti-Berg sentiments in every other post are getting pretty tiresome. I really hope he is a success and 18 months from now, Theno or tris dig up some of these posts and stick 'em to you.

But then of course you'll take the moral high ground and be "happy to be proved wrong". FFS

Jhc every time you log on you find Jim moaning over berg .

Archived