BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group

mark1875

This one, that I made a little earlier

This is a good point. I presume you are referring to me ?

Unfortunately I was giving information out long before Venkys bought the club and contrary to popular belief the source of new information I gather is not Shebby Singh.

However I have made the decision to stop posting anything I hear now, as I can see how people can get confused or indeed link this back to the group.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shouldn't we all just stop caring what the media outside of Blackburn thinks of us, they have hated us from the day Uncle jack made us premier league champions(maybe longer than that but that's before my time) and have been waiting for 20 years for something like this to happen(and there luvin it).

We are starting to get a lot of sympathy in the media and from fans across the country we need to let that momentum continue courtesy of Shebby and his latest interview

Shouldn't we all just stop caring what the media outside of Blackburn thinks of us, they have hated us from the day Uncle jack made us premier league champions(maybe longer than that but that's before my time) and have been waiting for 20 years for something like this to happen(and there luvin it).

Unfortunately the media is a powerful tool and right now the supporters of Rovers do need the media on side.

Media coverage does get seen by the Rao's, good and bad. If the media paint the supporters as the one's in the wrong, then any glimmer of hope of a sensible decision being made goes out of the window.

I don't think that advice was very good to be honest. If the only way to be thought reasonable is to accept a manager as bad as Taylor,then it isn't a price worth paying.

I accept though that nothing stops other fans organising to do it, doesn't have to be you. If you did put put a statement this Board would be full of posters telling you how far up yourself you've got and how dare you claim to speak for them?

I agree, Do I want to see Peter Taylor as the next Manager of Blackburn Rovers? Simple answer NO.

Do I think putting a statement out will aid the supporters long term aim, which is to see the club restored to normality, well run with a good board of directors and responsible owners? NO

Will we get blasted for doing it? YES

So this is one of them where whatever we do we will have done the wrong thing

This is a good point. I presume you are referring to me ?

Unfortunately I was giving information out long before Venkys bought the club and contrary to popular belief the source of new information I gather is not Shebby Singh.

However I have made the decision to stop posting anything I hear now, as I can see how people can get confused or indeed link this back to the group.

Thank you for clarifying this, Glen. I think you have made the right decision in deciding to stop posting this sort of information, as it does seem to have caused problems. I was one of those people who assumed your source was Singh.

So glad I'm not involved in all this politics business anymore. It's just got worse and worse over the last year. Very sad to see.

Having a systematic gameplan to try and bring about change should not be deemed as politics.

We tried the hostile way for 12 months and it got us no-where.

A change in tack was needed and rather than publically go about our business we have an action plan in place which we are following

Which is a good point, we was put under increasing pressure over McKinlay and put the statement out. This lead to a further backlash. So in hindsight it was wrong of us to issue that statement. We dont always get things right and that was a mistake.

So when faced now with the same decision , and believe me we have considered it , however have chosen not to (RE Taylor).

I spoke with a Jouno today who works for TV and asked his opinion on us putting a statement out regarding Taylor. I explained that some supporters had hit the roof over the possibility. His reaction was, if we did that, any sympathy the Supporters of Blackburn Rovers now have from the media world would be lost, and we would be deemed to be far too unreasonable.

He said we would be shot from all quarters, he said some supporters may be pleased, but the chance of anyone taking the supporters serious again would be zilch.

There is nothing stopping other groups or sites issueing a statement, but on this occassion we have been advised against it

So, effectively, you're putting the reputation of your supporters group before the interests of the club. Surely the club would be best served by appointing the best manager, not the ex-Bahrain manager on a 6-month contract. However, he is shebby's ESPN friend so he must be a good 'un. Do you still speak to shebby on a daily basis?

Is there a cogent reason why BRAG cannot concentrate on getting Venkys out of the Club ie to sell?

Who is the Manager(and Shebby Singh) are well secondary to the real problem.

Let Gary Bowyer be the 'Tony Parkes' figure for a while....it will not do 3% of the damage as Keano. Just been watching Ryan Nelson for QPR and reminded of Kean's comments re him. (Keaning Vandalism-we should still be in the Prem)

I repeat: Why aren't BRAG demanding Shebby's removal from the club?

I ask because Glen clearly clammed up over the subject but doesn't have any problem answering anything else.

This mess has been going on 2 years, not 6 months.

I will refer to what I have previously stated, we are addressing things systematically which means start at Day 1

Having a systematic gameplan to try and bring about change should not be deemed as politics.

We tried the hostile way for 12 months and it got us no-where.

A change in tack was needed and rather than publically go about our business we have an action plan in place which we are following

I fully agree Glen, it should not be deemed as politics. But it is. It's all "he said - she said". It's getting beyond tedious as I'm sure you will agree. Both sides of the argument will be better served in just agreeing to disagree. The only way we can ever truly move forward is by doing this. That would mean wiping the slate clean. And forgetting all said and done. You have your plans to adhere to and members to represent. Other groups the same. All this in-fighting must stop sooner rather than later if the whole club is to dig itself out of this sorry mess.

This mess has been going on 2 years, not 6 months.

I will refer to what I have previously stated, we are addressing things systematically which means start at Day 1

A politician's answer if ever there was one! :lol:

So, effectively, you're putting the reputation of your supporters group before the interests of the club. Surely the club would be best served by appointing the best manager, not the ex-Bahrain manager on a 6-month contract. However, he is shebby's ESPN friend so he must be a good 'un. Do you still speak to shebby on a daily basis?

If the media turn on the supporters it wont just be the action group it will be ALL the supporters, So no I dont agree with your opinion on this.

Regarding Shebby, do we speak with him? Yes when we have minuted meetings or there is a need to contact him.

I repeat: Why aren't BRAG demanding Shebby's removal from the club?

I ask because Glen clearly clammed up over the subject but doesn't have any problem answering anything else.

I wonder that too. Singh, by his own admission, is making the decisions and he is getting them wrong (the appointment of berg). The impending appointment of Taylor could also prove disastrous if his record is anything to go by. The lack of transfer activity this january, even though we really need a central midfielder, should also be a concern given the amount of good players Venky's have sold. Singh represents Venky's, the worst owners in the history of football according to a recent poll, and yet BRAG have no comment to make on Singh. Very odd.

Is there a cogent reason why BRAG cannot concentrate on getting Venkys out of the Club ie to sell?

Who is the Manager(and Shebby Singh) are well secondary to the real problem.

Let Gary Bowyer be the 'Tony Parkes' figure for a while....it will not do 3% of the damage as Keano. Just been watching Ryan Nelson for QPR and reminded of Kean's comments re him. (Keaning Vandalism-we should still be in the Prem)

No-one has contacted me or any other member of the group regarding purchasing Blackburn Rovers,

They keep saying they wont sell, and unless a buyer comes out publically and shows intent of wanting the club and their plans for it, then I really don't see how trying to push for a new owner is going to help.

Yes the two Ians stated they would have a go, but not sure what their intentions are, whilst the Rovers Trust also to buy club too.

However as a person I would like to see A) They have the money B) Their plans should they by it C) Guarantee;s (As much as they can give) that the club will be in a better position and at the moment if thats less than a mid table Championship club with ambitions of reaching the Premiership then I dont personally want it.

I fully agree Glen, it should not be deemed as politics. But it is. It's all "he said - she said". It's getting beyond tedious as I'm sure you will agree. Both sides of the argument will be better served in just agreeing to disagree. The only way we can ever truly move forward is by doing this. That would mean wiping the slate clean. And forgetting all said and done. You have your plans to adhere to and members to represent. Other groups the same. All this in-fighting must stop sooner rather than later if the whole club is to dig itself out of this sorry mess.

I agree but the them and us attitude that owners have installed at the club with their own ignorance and arrogance is now transferring to fans against other fans, even our own directors cant see eye to eye.

A massive sorry mess and I can only think of one person in this whole sad affair that has benefited from the clubs downfall.

Well then, im sure it could be the blonde one, Elaine I think she is called? who Shebby is constantly pictured next to shebby?

Rumours Have it she is employed by the club and her mother is Maureen Bateson???

Just another ploy to keep shabby out of the lime light I guess from you lot.

Its interesting that you only have 15 post and post something on here about another employer and also include her mother?

I have never seen pictures of a blonde with Singh and if they exist and as you state she is an employee at the club then I would imagine they are on Blackburn Rover business.

The person in question does minute meetings Shebby is involved in including the collaberation meeting which all supporter groups are welcome to attend.

I do not know this person personally and can assure you , she is certainly not a source of leaks in my direction from rovers.

I agree but the them and us attitude that owners have installed at the club with their own ignorance and arrogance is now transferring to fans against other fans, even our own directors cant see eye to eye.

A massive sorry mess and I can only think of one person in this whole sad affair that has benefited from the clubs downfall.

Think quite a few may have benefited but in all my time watching Rovers I have never witnessed as many fans arguing amongst themselves and on some occasions coming to blows this is What Venkys have done to the club and fan base

Archived