BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group

mark1875

My point was that those of us who have pledged and not yet signed up to the new look trust (including myself) cannot follow our pledges through until we do sign up, so i was just seeking clarity on what amount of those pledges/pledgers had come from the membership base. Thought it was a reasonable question, sorry i asked

Mark, as always you can ask any question you like. If it was a reasonable question on a valid point then there is no issue. You have my mobile number, my email address and my home address if you want it so I'm sure you know how to ask me. Please do the whole of BRFC supporters a massive favour and concentrate on what really matters. Having an owner that treats its asset like it cares. Why you would want to pick holes in a supporter owned club is beyond common sense. If you want direct answers to anything call me, I'll answer and give you any answers you want.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, don't bother.

Have you pledged? because I have and if i want to ask a question regarding something i have pledged MY money too, then i will do and quite frankly its got nothing to do with you.

No I cant more... My groups bigger and better than yours... WTF

My question was asked as a supporter and somebody who has pledged to the Trust, it had nothing to do with groups.

Have you pledged? because I have and if i want to ask a question regarding something i have pledged MY money too, then i will do and quite frankly its got nothing to do with you.

My question was asked as a supporter and somebody who has pledged to the Trust, it had nothing to do with groups.

Do you know what Mark, just go and take your cock waving elsewhere. It's boring, tedious and very predictable.

No I cant more... My groups bigger and better than yours... WTF

In fairness mate he asked a genuine question, as I did earlier which Paul answered fully and others with the same question now know the answer.

Its a forum board where questions are asked. I get asked questions everyday on here or on twitter and always answer them to the best of my knowledge. This is my personal account as is my twitter account.

We are football supporters and if it was a group question then we would ask via official group routes.

As this is your opinion its 100% valid However he did not promise a statement from the owners, he said he would get the club to make one. He was pushed to get it from the owners, he stated the club is owned by the owners. He also on numerous occassions has publicallt stated he cannot force Venkys to make a statement , they are his employers. The links to non Rovers employees? Would you care to elaborate? Do you mean he is talking to supporter groups RE The Fans forum and Action Group? Or does he has links to something untowards?

Glen, he did promise a statement from the club that he as the Global Advisor of, this has not happened. The club are 'apparently' making a monthly loss that supporters are worried about. We asked for reassurance and were told we would get one, we haven't. If he cannot force them as per your statement then he shouldn't have promised it.

I would prefer that the club makes statements of its affairs from official sources such as its website rather than the numerous leaks via supporter twitter accounts or from newspaper reporters.

Do you know what Mark, just go and take your cock waving elsewhere. It's boring, tedious and very predictable.

What are you even on about? 'cock-waving' because i asked a perfectly reasonable question regarding information Paul fed back on here? If anybody else but me asked that question then i guess there wouldn't be a problem from you would there?

Again as a supporter who has pledged, i am entitled to ask questions and receive answers regarding something i have pledged to put my money towards, this again has nothing to do with you, so unless you want to stick your beak in with something constructive then why did you feel the need to bother?

In fairness mate he asked a genuine question, as I did earlier which Paul answered fully and others with the same question now know the answer.

Its a forum board where questions are asked. I get asked questions everyday on here or on twitter and always answer them to the best of my knowledge. This is my personal account as is my twitter account.

We are football supporters and if it was a group question then we would ask via official group routes.

I asked similar questions as well glen. mine were ignored and others like marks included were attacked. Everyone is always on the defensive and it comes across as a little bit childish. As I said earlier I wish we could all find some common ground and move forward together.

The later remarks were humour that don't seem to go down very well on a message board anymore.....

Glen, he did promise a statement from the club that he as the Global Advisor of, this has not happened. The club are 'apparently' making a monthly loss that supporters are worried about. We asked for reassurance and were told we would get one, we haven't. If he cannot force them as per your statement then he shouldn't have promised it.

I would prefer that the club makes statements of its affairs from official sources such as its website rather than the numerous leaks via supporter twitter accounts or from newspaper reporters.

I agree a statement should be issued and from probably Karen Silk as she is the most qualified to make such a statement.

Regarding leaks. Every football club has leaks or no sports jounalist would make a living, leaks can come from anywhere. Any employee, agents, players, relatives, its something which will never stop.

Most of the leaks coming out though have been later proved to hold no water, so I guess its a case of not reading rumour and waiting for official statements.

I think more panic is caused by people believing rumours, twitter and newspapers rather than the leaks.

What are you even on about? 'cock-waving' because i asked a perfectly reasonable question regarding information Paul fed back on here? If anybody else but me asked that question then i guess there wouldn't be a problem from you would there? Again as a supporter who has pledged, i am entitled to ask questions and receive answers regarding something i have pledged to put my money towards, this again has nothing to do with you, so unless you want to stick your beak in with something constructive then why did you feel the need to bother?

Mark, you have publicly and privately stated that you do not support Rovers Trust, that is your prerogative. Therefore to say you are asking questions about something you have pledged to is not a question that is relevant. If you do not support us then it is natural to presume your pledge doesn't stand ? Again I state publicly what I have also said privately. If you have a relevant question then ask me DIRECTLY ! Phone me, I will answer and reply. Public forum posts cannot and will not be treated as a 'general' question without a worry of cynicism.

I asked similar questions as well glen. mine were ignored and others like marks included were attacked. Everyone is always on the defensive and it comes across as a little bit childish. As I said earlier I wish we could all find some common ground and move forward together.

The later remarks were humour that don't seem to go down very well on a message board anymore.....

I dont see half the attacks to be honest, I have put most of the WUMS on ignore.

I tend to ask questions on here as it saves a lot of time of repetitive answers.

Glen, I'm glad you agree that a statement is necessary. SS did PROMISE this so should be good to his word. It needs to be relevant have have a purpose so ideally it should come from the owners direct. If not then the most senior director. As this is a financial matter then I would agree with a KS statement if it can't be the owners.

I was bitterly disappointed with the actions of the senior members of the club in the sacking of HG. He deserved to be told directly from the man who appointed him, his back room team deserved to be also told directly and not via Sky Sports News. The owners told a newspaper first who then had the report posted by twitter by fans. The official statement came via the clubs website hours later. An utter disgraceful set of actions. HB is a premiership winning medallist who deserved much much more.

Mark, you have publicly and privately stated that you do not support Rovers Trust, that is your prerogative. Therefore to say you are asking questions about something you have pledged to is not a question that is relevant. If you do not support us then it is natural to presume your pledge doesn't stand ? Again I state publicly what I have also said privately. If you have a relevant question then ask me DIRECTLY ! Phone me, I will answer and reply. Public forum posts cannot and will not be treated as a 'general' question without a worry of cynicism.

I haven't withdrawn my pledge in any shape or form and was told it had carried over from BRSIT to Rovers Trust so i naturally assumed it still stood, if i wished to withdraw it i could/would have done, however i have left it there. I assumed that questions regarding the trust could be asked publicly and as Paul had touched on it in his reply, i thought it was a fair enough question which would just receive an answer tbh, didn't expect it to be so difficult or it to create such discussion, or i would not have bothered.

Keep us posted Mark.

We would hope to have something to communicate on this towards the end of the week and we'll keep people informed ongoing.

Glen, I'm glad you agree that a statement is necessary. SS did PROMISE this so should be good to his word. It needs to be relevant have have a purpose so ideally it should come from the owners direct. If not then the most senior director. As this is a financial matter then I would agree with a KS statement if it can't be the owners.

I was bitterly disappointed with the actions of the senior members of the club in the sacking of HG. He deserved to be told directly from the man who appointed him, his back room team deserved to be also told directly and not via Sky Sports News. The owners told a newspaper first who then had the report posted by twitter by fans. The official statement came via the clubs website hours later. An utter disgraceful set of actions. HB is a premiership winning medallist who deserved much much more.

I totally agree, its now how business is conducted and for the backroom team to also find out Via SkySports is unforgiveable. It broke in India nearly 12 hours before any official word was put out here. Whilst if correct that the Management team was not told in person then thats a total discrace

anybody want to join my group?

BRFCCATINHELLSCHANCEOFANYBODYTAKINGANYOFYOUSERIOUSLYWHILLEYOURSQUABBLINGLIKEGIRLSMEMBERMEASURINGGROUP

We are having a public debate so that anyone can see the views of both sides. Please do not confuse that as squabbling. We will both continue with our processes for the greater good. If you have any serious comments or questions I will answer directly and truthfully.

Sorry!,

didn't realise it was a kind of official debate, i just caught the back end of the discussion and it just seemed like the usual sniping.

if its any consultation you(wayne) seemed to be talking the most sense, Glen's quite a good debater also but he gets very let down by his usual sidekicks on here resorting to defensive passive aggressive comments.

Now to answer Mark's question - it is fact that in order to actually follow through with your pledge and buy a share in Rovers Trust when the time comes, you have to simultaneously become a member of the Trust. Only members can own shares, from a purely legal viewpoint.

From a practical viewpoint, I can't imagine why someone would want to own a share and not be a member. You would not be able to vote or be invited to the AGM, for example. 1 member = 1 vote, remember, not 1 share = 1 vote.

However, you don't actually have to become a member now. Wayne is absolutely correct in that the amount of pledges from non-members is irrelevant, and has no bearing on how much of the pledges made to date will be collectable when the time comes to call them in. This is an experience-based observation from similar capital raises made by other trusts, such a Portsmouth. MANY people have a wait and see attitude, they don't want to or can't be bothered to get involved even to just sign up as a member now - and that is perfectly fine, we respect that completely. Would we prefer and hope that all of our pledgers became members immediately? Of course!

I thought Paul pushed for a statement from the owners not the club.

He did push for a statement from the owners. SS was quite sharp in his reply when he said that it would have to be from the club and that it is the same thing as the owners owned the club. A bit irrelevant as it hasn't come from either anyway !

Archived