BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group

mark1875

If there are any CMs (mods as was) around any chance you can move most of this rubbish to the AG thread, rather than having it clutter up a thread that significant numbers are reading?

I'd do it myself, but sadly some of us are working today:(

(Oh and feel free to remove this post afterwards )

Most thread have been taken down the AG route Glenn.

Largely thanks to one poster who needs to point them out in every post, on every thread.

Yet he seems to have immunity.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday something very important happened, Blackburn Rovers sacked the Manager Henning Berg.

This thread was opened because Henning Berg was sacked.

I have gone through this thread and to be completely honest hardly any post on the Manager being sacked, and just more and more post of fans sniping and another excuse for supporters to have a go at BRFCAG.

Footballl used to be about the 11 players running around the pitch in blue and white and the result on a Saturday.

Some people come on here to debate about the football, whilst others just come on to take lumps out of one another. People claiming supporter groups causing a divide or BRFCAG causing a divide, but with every post which just takes lumps out of another supporter its the person typing that post who is causing the divide.

Some people want it both ways, when they are not happy they want Action, when that Action comes they complain about the course of Action, they claim that does not represent their views, and BRFCAG does not represent them.

When no Action comes they claim we are in bed with the devil, and we what we should or should not be doing.

BRFCAG only represents its members and its membership is free and anyone can become a member by signing up using the membership form on our website

www.brfcactiongroup.co.uk

If you are not a member, you are more than welcome to an opinion on what you think should or should not be happening, however its the memberships base opinions we act upon.

Everyone is unique as everyone has a different opinion and when trying to dust through all the opinions its very difficult to find a fine medium.

Some posters on here called for the group to disband, then in the next breath state the group must do this, or do that.

When we have done things some posters don't agree with, they then sensationalise it. Then when a similar situation occurs ask why we have not done the same thing as before. You can't have it both ways.

We are just football supporters, just like you, we don't have any priviledges that you cannot seek yourself (I.e Communication)

Rather than asking what are we going to do, or why are we not doing anything, why don't you ask all the other supporter groups which you may or may not be part of, what they are actually doing?

Ask them to make a statement on the possible coach appointments, or the administration, or the new manager, or Shebby Singh, or Venkys??

If you do not want any group making a statement on your behalf, then why don't you go down to Ewood Park and ask at the club if you can speak to the person making the decisions?

If you think there should be a protest, channel what the sole purpose of that protest should be, then go and organise one.

However to turn every single thread into a thread just to turn your anger on fellow supporters is just as equally damaging as the mess our club is in.

If supporters cannot be united, or at least tolerant of each other them what chance has the club got of moving forward??

For arguments sake the Action Group is closed down, what next?? What do you intend to do to try and make sense of this impossible rubix cube. What time and effort are you going to put in to try and educate those over in Pune that the whole place is burning down around our ankles?

I get asked many times, why dont we join the FF , All groups are represented on that panel, surely if 99.9% of groups are all on that one panel, then the next course of action needs to be from the FF?

After all they are a panel of supporters whose views are representative of a cross section of the supporter base.

This is not intended as a dig at the FF BTW, this is a genuine question to supporters who use these boards. Supporters seem content to shoot one group all the time, when other representatives with communication are out there who could also channel a voice or a message.

I know all supporters care, but some really do need to channel their frustrations, because creating problems on message boards and making it personal about other supporters does more harm than good, it allows the circus of Ewood to continue. If every supporter of every group committee, said oh sod it "Your all on your own"

Then the club would just fall!!

I'm actually at that stage now, because the club I have known and loved for over 30 years is no longer that club, and whats worse after reading so many comments on here and around the net from other supporters, maybe it is time that I just leave you all to it, and let you have an inquest later at to why our club no longer exist.

The club was worth fighting for and I'm proud to have been fighting for it, with those who I have shed tears with, however after reading this message board, you have won, try sorting it yourselves.

I know all supporters care, but some really do need to channel their frustrations, because creating problems on message boards and making it personal about other supporters does more harm than good, it allows the circus of Ewood to continue. If every supporter of every group committee, said oh sod it "Your all on your own"

I'm actually at that stage now, because the club I have known and loved for over 30 years is no longer that club, and whats worse after reading so many comments on here and around the net from other supporters, maybe it is time that I just leave you all to it, and let you have an inquest later at to why our club no longer exist.

The club was worth fighting for and I'm proud to have been fighting for it, with those who I have shed tears with, however after reading this message board, you have won, try sorting it yourselves.

Glen, what on earth do you think happened 30, 40 or 50 years ago ?

Supporters voted with their feet and those who wanted to, protested loudly inside the ground and also in Nuttall Street. It was spontaneous and highly effective.

Maybe you and your small band of merry men simply should step asside and let events take their natural course.

You tell us how stressful and time consuming this all is, well, you now have an opportunity to rediscover a personal life.

Yesterday something very important happened, Blackburn Rovers sacked the Manager Henning Berg.

I have gone through this thread and to be completely honest hardly any post on the Manager being sacked, and just more and more post of fans sniping and another excuse for supporters to have a go at BRFCAG.

1:- Footballl used to be about the 11 players running around the pitch in blue and white and the result on a Saturday.

Some people come on here to debate about the football, whilst others just come on to take lumps out of one another. People claiming supporter groups causing a divide or BRFCAG causing a divide, but with every post which just takes lumps out of another supporter its the person typing that post who is causing the divide.

Some people want it both ways, when they are not happy they want Action, when that Action comes they complain about the course of Action, they claim that does not represent their views, and BRFCAG does not represent them.

When no Action comes they claim we are in bed with the devil, and we what we should or should not be doing.

BRFCAG only represents its members and its membership is free and anyone can become a member by signing up using the membership form on our website

If you are not a member, you are more than welcome to an opinion on what you think should or should not be happening, however its the memberships base opinions we act upon.

Everyone is unique as everyone has a different opinion and when trying to dust through all the opinions its very difficult to find a fine medium.

Some posters on here called for the group to disband, then in the next breath state the group must do this, or do that.

When we have done things some posters don't agree with, they then sensationalise it. Then when a similar situation occurs ask why we have not done the same thing as before. You can't have it both ways.

We are just football supporters, just like you, we don't have any priviledges that you cannot seek yourself (I.e Communication)

Rather than asking what are we going to do, or why are we not doing anything, why don't you ask all the other supporter groups which you may or may not be part of, what they are actually doing?

Ask them to make a statement on the possible coach appointments, or the administration, or the new manager, or Shebby Singh, or Venkys??

If you do not want any group making a statement on your behalf, then why don't you go down to Ewood Park and ask at the club if you can speak to the person making the decisions?

If you think there should be a protest, channel what the sole purpose of that protest should be, then go and organise one.

However to turn every single thread into a thread just to turn your anger on fellow supporters is just as equally damaging as the mess our club is in.

2:- If supporters cannot be united, or at least tolerant of each other them what chance has the club got of moving forward??

For arguments sake the Action Group is closed down, what next?? What do you intend to do to try and make sense of this impossible rubix cube. What time and effort are you going to put in to try and educate those over in Pune that the whole place is burning down around our ankles?

I get asked many times, why dont we join the FF , All groups are represented on that panel, surely if 99.9% of groups are all on that one panel, then the next course of action needs to be from the FF?

After all they are a panel of supporters whose views are representative of a cross section of the supporter base.

This is not intended as a dig at the FF BTW, this is a genuine question to supporters who use these boards. Supporters seem content to shoot one group all the time, when other representatives with communication are out there who could also channel a voice or a message.

3:-Then the club would just fall!!

1:- That stopped being the case when the venkys took over

2: The venkys have caused that situation, made worse with comments like we only represent our members, that creates a divide in the support base, unintentionally I know but still a divide, something kean thrived on remember, is shebby doing the same?

3:- The club has failed, we got relegated and look like getting relegated again with no prospect of a "manager" being appointed any time soon, why? because the venkys have given a small time Malaysian self styled pundit free reign at the club.

I can't belive you are posting on here and critisising other supporters who are obviously not happy with how the club is being run, but hey, you have a walkin centre now.

Shebby seems to have all the various groups in his back pocket (divide and conquer) which is not hard to do when they only represent their own members. You should stand back and realise unless all the groups come together in a united front against the tyrany at our club nothing will change.

Don't waste the positive things that have been acheived, just take a different approach

Supporters voted with their feet and those who wanted to, protested loudly inside the ground and also in Nuttall Street. It was spontaneous and highly effective.

Maybe you and your small band of merry men simply should step asside and let events take their natural course.

You tell us how stressful and time consuming this all is, well, you now have an opportunity to rediscover a personal life.

Hear Hear. People are getting carried away with all this..... and in some cases with their own self importance.

2: The venkys have caused that situation, made worse with comments like we only represent our members, that creates a divide in the support base, unintentionally I know but still a divide, something kean thrived on remember, is shebby doing the same?

3:- The club has failed, we got relegated and look like getting relegated again with no prospect of a "manager" being appointed any time soon, why? because the venkys have given a small time Malaysian self styled pundit free reign at the club.

I can't belive you are posting on here and critisising other supporters who are obviously not happy with how the club is being run, but hey, you have a walkin centre now.

Shebby seems to have all the various groups in his back pocket (divide and conquer) which is not hard to do when they only represent their own members. You should stand back and realise unless all the groups come together in a united front against the tyrany at our club nothing will change.

Don't waste the positive things that have been acheived, just take a different approach

1.agreed

2.Think you totally missed the point, we are constantly told we don't represent A and B, so we don't claim to. We can only represent the membership base, of that falls in line with non members great, if it does not then we apologise.

3. Agreed

Your comment below , its a case of damned if we do, damned if we dont.

No-one is stopping anyone doing anything, People are voting with their feet, and people are venting their anger from the stands.

We aint organised anything so we are letting things take a natural course.

1.agreed

2.Think you totally missed the point, we are constantly told we don't represent A and B, so we don't claim to. We can only represent the membership base, of that falls in line with non members great, if it does not then we apologise.

3. Agreed

Your comment below , its a case of damned if we do, damned if we dont.

No-one is stopping anyone doing anything, People are voting with their feet, and people are venting their anger from the stands.

We aint organised anything so we are letting things take a natural course.

Glen, you miss the point.

I think a common perception of BRAG, whether you like it or not, is that it has alienated itself from the rest of the support and is seen to have served its purpose, has lost its punch (in Singh's pocket) and is serving merely as a vehicle for the self interests of some.

You could do yourself and the club a huge favour by disbanding.

Glen, you miss the point.

I think a common perception of BRAG, whether you like it or not, is that it has alienated itself from the rest of the support and is seen to have served its purpose, has lost its punch (in Singh's pocket) and is serving merely as a vehicle for the self interests of some.

You could do yourself and the club a huge favour by disbanding.

Putting aside any personal issues. I think you have raised an interesting point. Sadly it does not look like venkys are going to go. Unless they can be forced to sell - which does not look likely. So we have to look at the main problem at the club now. It was Kean, but he is now gone. The main problem at the club at this moment in time is shebby singh. All pressure should be applied on him to either change the way he is doing things or sod off.

All singh has done is appease a group of supporters - whilst also, at the sametime, he has alienated the majority of the supporters by his actions, in actions and words. What is the point of having communication with somebody who does not and has shown he does not listen to supporters. More interested in his own ego. Shown how incompetent he is.

All communication should be broken off with shebby singh - as it is pointless talking to somebody who refuses to listen.

Footballl used to be about the 11 players running around the pitch in blue and white and the result on a Saturday.

If supporters cannot be united, or at least tolerant of each other them what chance has the club got of moving forward??

I think you've done a decent job, Glen, and you took Shebby Singh at face value and gave him a chance.

Now is the time for B.R.A.G. to condemn Singh and take up arms once more as he is clearly the enemy.

Is anyone in favour of Venky's?

I didn't think so.

Let's all unite around a Venky's out campaign.

Simple

I think for that to happen. Somebody who is genuinely and is able to purchase the club comes forward publicly. That way fans can see an alternative. That would give fans somebody to rally around. Till that happens, we are stuck.

but if raos fear administration, they must also fear due dilligence.

Whilst statements came thick and fast from BRAG the silence is deafening. They should be releasing a statement condemning the clubs administrative structure and calling for the heads of Singh, Shaw and Agnew.

Cosying up is no longer a valid course of action

Whilst statements came thick and fast from BRAG the silence is deafening. They should be releasing a statement condemning the clubs administrative structure and calling for the heads of Singh, Shaw and Agnew.

+1

an olive Branch in the shape of SS was offered , the action group had to take it or they would have looked too partizan the group have given Shebby a chance and to be fair we were all dancing to his tune afetr Kean left , but events afterwards show he is a show pony

We have issued 2 statements, made direct contact with India, made direct contact with Singh and told him how it is, None have gone to print yet, but believe me 100% Shebby Singh has had it double barrelled.

In both statements we have condemned the clubs administration and made it quite clear that the mood is a 100 times worse than it was under Kean. We aint just been sitting around you know

We have issued 2 statements, made direct contact with India, made direct contact with Singh and told him how it is, None have gone to print yet, but believe me 100% Shebby Singh has had it double barrelled.

In both statements we have condemned the clubs administration and made it quite clear that the mood is a 100 times worse than it was under Kean. We aint just been sitting around you know

Glen - you know i have supported you before, I also condemned those who threatened violence against you, in particular the game at Ipswich.

I must say though, SPECCY TW@T's only qualification is bulls#itting his way into positions of power. He's took the P out of you and the action group as well as the whole of the fanbase.

He is running wild on his ego trip and the debris of BRFC will be falling for a long time.

I urge you to rally the members of the action group plus all other fans who wish to join - in resuming protests against the incompetant administration at Rovers.

Glen M:

i´ve often defended your group on this messageboard, as i find the attacks to be unfounded, nevertheless i can understand why people are a bit suspicious.

I know you´ve repeteadly stated, that other should feel free, to do their own protest and what not. But you put yourself in a postion, where people expect that to come from you and brfcag, that might not seem fair to you, but that is just the way it is. People are now looking at you and your organisation, while thinking about your next step.

I´m not a member of any fan group and i never will be, just not my thing, but i am interested in hearing about your plans, when it comes to recent events.?

you´ve gone from venky´s out, kean out, meltdown mckinlay and now you seem rather quiet.

I know you are going to claim, that you are commucation through the proper channels, but glen, so far communicating has amounted to nothing, If all this communication really was worth something, the situation we are now in, would never have arisen.

so now what.?

That is the thing - situation is getting worse at a rate of knots so surely a drastic change of tact is required - regardless of groups, ALL fans are furious at the moment.

I read on Twitter (I think) that it has been suggested that the protests had to stop because Venkys were not happy (re their brand being tarnished) - it was also suggested they 'may pull the plug' if any protests were to start up again, is this true?? Hence the bartering with Singh

Glen M:

i´ve often defended your group on this messageboard, as i find the attacks to be unfounded, nevertheless i can understand why people are a bit suspicious.

I know you´ve repeteadly stated, that other should feel free, to do their own protest and what not. But you put yourself in a postion, where people expect that to come from you and brfcag, that might not seem fair to you, but that is just the way it is. People are now looking at you and your organisation, while thinking about your next step.

I´m not a member of any fan group and i never will be, just not my thing, but i am interested in hearing about your plans, when it comes to recent events.?

you´ve gone from venky´s out, kean out, meltdown mckinlay and now you seem rather quiet.

I know you are going to claim, that you are commucation through the proper channels, but glen, so far communicating has amounted to nothing, If all this communication really was worth something, the situation we are now in, would never have arisen.

so now what.?

Glen M:

so now what.?

Last season most stuff was played out through media as we juist couldnt get no communication, our communication was the media in the hope Venkys would read some of it.

We took a long hard look over the summer of how best to address things, as everything we did last year was staged and predictable due to having to put press releases out.

When we organised protest, everyone within the club knew when/how and it was easy to beat it down.

Sometimes its the things left unsaid in the public domain which get the job done, the behind the scenes work, the conversations, the supporting evidence, and suddenly decisions are suddenly changed.

Is this ideal????? Certainly not, but we are dealing with 2 years of pure deciept and distruction. The guy you may sit next to at the match, may be the next guy who took a golden hand shake, may be the next test which has been planted or the next leach looking for what you hold, or what you intend to do next.

Do we have a plan? Of course we have a plan, yes it gets difficult because the cards are facing one way and at times we are going against the cards, but we cant be predictable.

Have we been sucked in? Many will yes, But those who do , are the ones who do not know me

Those who do know me, would say NOT A CHANCE!. They know how ruthless I can be, They know my attention to detail in analyising everything. Are we taking risk?? Of course we are, but no-one said this would be easy and some risk are worth taking if it brings about a solution.

So to summarise will I post on a forum the blueprints of what our intentions to tackle this mess are? Simple answer no

As the wise man once said, "Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer"

• Moderation Lead

The action group, for me, started out with the best of intentions, but in my view, have now been mugged off by Shebby.

The club needs an experienced manager, it's obvious to anyone. Why is there all this talk of appointing coaches first?

He's ballsed up plain and simple, and should go. He has no credibility, and no experience of running a football club, I don't think anyone in the history of modern football has been less qualified than SS at boardroom level.

That is the thing - situation is getting worse at a rate of knots so surely a drastic change of tact is required - regardless of groups, ALL fans are furious at the moment.

I read on Twitter (I think) that it has been suggested that the protests had to stop because Venkys were not happy (re their brand being tarnished) - it was also suggested they 'may pull the plug' if any protests were to start up again, is this true?? Hence the bartering with Singh

Come on John of all people I can't believe you are asking that? We have spoken many times on the phone and spoken in confidence via private messages many times.

Sometimes I really do wonder why I bother

The action group, for me, started out with the best of intentions, but in my view, have now been mugged off by Shebby.

The club needs an experienced manager, it's obvious to anyone. Why is there all this talk of appointing coaches first?

He's ballsed up plain and simple, and should go. He has no credibility, and no experience of running a football club, I don't think anyone in the history of modern football has been less qualified than SS at boardroom level.

That is exactly what has been relayed to the owners, shebby and the media, expect a reaction from all the mentioned soon!!!

Archived