BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group

mark1875

I have never driven by the pub. Infact never driven a vehicle in lancashire. I walked into the pub though, as I have done other pubs in the area.

met·a·phor

[met-uh-fawr, -fer] Show IPA

noun

a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance, as in “A mighty fortress is our God.” Compare mixed metaphor, simile ( def 1 ) .

something used, or regarded as being used, to represent something else; emblem; symbol.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glen, any further thoughts on the inquest you'll be pushing for? Who will you be asking to launch this inquest within the club?

Personally I carried out my own inquest earlier over a split second period. I blame Shebby Singh. I also blame Venkys for putting the Malaysian equivalent of Dickie Davies in such a position of power at this joke of a football club.

I think an inquest of the last 2 years is required. One capable board of directors removed, one more than capable Manager removed, one relegation , 18th in the league, poor decision after poor decision, the list goes on and on.

When I did Sky Radio this morning which i'm sure will be online somewhere I listened very carefully to all the interviews regarding Bergs appointment. Who was there on the Radio saying from the moment he first met him, he knew he was the man for us??? None other than Derek Shaw, the man who brought him to the table.

Add to that that both Agnew and Singh then vouched for him and the owners then employed him then you see its not as simple as one man taking the blame.

This is before we add all the other ingredients of the last 2 years.

All in all, they are all as bad each other

Can people put their boring pish and personal axe grinding about BRAG on another thread so this 1 can be used to talk about the managerial situation at our club.

Persoanally I hope to God it's not MacDonald. A bloke who's been around for years without ever stepping up as a full time manager, suggests that everywhere he's been before he's been viewed as not up to it. He has the look of Harford, Kidd, Kean about him from his record and hasn't even been in the game for 2 years according to his Wiki. Asisstant maybe, not manager though. Shebby will of course take no notice and probably appoint him anyway. I can't imagine he's going to inspire anyone and it is inspiration that we need now to save our season and even our club.

No you just pull up outside the pub and take pictures, Never a day goes by on twitter you dont at least mention us once, that must take most of that strength you need giving eh?

Anyway fed the WUM's for another week, time is precious , you continue your keyboard campaign and we will continue fighting for the clubs future

Your 'organisation' is completely redundant now that you're firmly in Shebby's backpocket.

Go back to your dayjobs or something.

Can people put their boring pish and personal axe grinding about BRAG on another thread so this 1 can be used to talk about the managerial situation at our club.

Persoanally I hope to God it's not MacDonald. A bloke who's been around for years without ever stepping up as a full time manager, suggests that everywhere he's been before he's been viewed as not up to it. He has the look of Harford, Kidd, Kean about him from his record and hasn't even been in the game for 2 years according to his Wiki. Asisstant maybe, not manager though. Shebby will of course take no notice and probably appoint him anyway. I can't imagine he's going to inspire anyone and it is inspiration that we need now to save our season and even our club.

+100, well said

They dont tend to stalk me or the group like a jealous ex girlfriend, you should be glad i'm in a good mood as I could go much further

Mr Mullan, No personal offence intended at all, but reacting to those who call on you in such an arrogant way doesn't help your cause and campaign to unite the fans. I don't think anyone is questioning that you where brave and proactive enough to start this thing in the first place, but pleeeease this kind of thing is just cringeworthy coming from someone who is heading up the most active of rovers supporters groups.

I get that it's annoying when people criticise, but you put yourself up for that when you stepped forward, thems the breaks and you have to suck it up. Not saying I would do any better if I was head of a supporters group, but the last few posts in this thread are like something off a playground. I would say that members of the action group should set their own message board up for members only rather than message on here to those that don't want to hear about it, although your intentions may be to help, a large amount don't want to hear it so you have to leave them to it.

I think an inquest of the last 2 years is required. One capable board of directors removed, one more than capable Manager removed, one relegation , 18th in the league, poor decision after poor decision, the list goes on and on.

When I did Sky Radio this morning which i'm sure will be online somewhere I listened very carefully to all the interviews regarding Bergs appointment. Who was there on the Radio saying from the moment he first met him, he knew he was the man for us??? None other than Derek Shaw, the man who brought him to the table.

Add to that that both Agnew and Singh then vouched for him and the owners then employed him then you see its not as simple as one man taking the blame.

This is before we add all the other ingredients of the last 2 years.

All in all, they are all as bad each other

did you drive down to to catch the cameraman today Glenn ? Please do us all a favour and stop yourself and your mate fish from embarrassing us all on tv radio! You just can't help yourself can you!? Your protest group is finished so take up another hobby and take your mate Singh with you!!

well I have constantly tried to have dialog with the lunes in Pune, no success, club still sinking into the oblivion and your having a pop at concerned supporters, you are too near the lunes and can't see it anymore, the club is very near to complete collapse, where are your loyalties

My Loyalties have never changed, some would like to think they have , as it fits with their own agenda. However i'm the same now as I was back then, I want a well run club and will continue to seek one.

We tried protesting and not a door was opened, not a concern was heard and not a jot was spent. We changed tack, as requested by many and opened up dialogue and they get it under no certain terms. However now we have done this, the same people who complained about protest are now complaining about dialogue.

We cannot choose who has the keys, like we cannot chose who the directors are , or who is charged with running the club. All we can do is keep them on their toes and keep pushing for change across the board

You dont need to tell me its sinking, its nearly sunk, I wouldnt be giving all my time unpaid and at great personal expense if I thought it was not sinking.

However I am only a man, and i'm allowed my opinion too, some seem to get a kick out of the demise, some are just lost for words what our club has become, and some try and put a dampener on anyone doing anything, which kind of defeats the object of moaning something needs to be done

My Loyalties have never changed, some would like to think they have , as it fits with their own agenda. However i'm the same now as I was back then, I want a well run club and will continue to seek one.

We tried protesting and not a door was opened, not a concern was heard and not a jot was spent. We changed tack, as requested by many and opened up dialogue and they get it under no certain terms. However now we have done this, the same people who complained about protest are now complaining about dialogue.

We cannot choose who has the keys, like we cannot chose who the directors are , or who is charged with running the club. All we can do is keep them on their toes and keep pushing for change across the board

You dont need to tell me its sinking, its nearly sunk, I wouldnt be giving all my time unpaid and at great personal expense if I thought it was not sinking.

However I am only a man, and i'm allowed my opinion too, some seem to get a kick out of the demise, some are just lost for words what our club has become, and some try and put a dampener on anyone doing anything, which kind of defeats the object of moaning something needs to be done

So the target of discontent should surley be focused 100% on the venkys

Selling out is an action of those who sit by moan, winge and chose to do nothing.

Forgive me but this clubs troubles started long before Singh arrived, and the problems lie much deeper. As I said in my earlier post, you want action then go right ahead an organise some. Don't use other people as a reason for you not to act, we are not your servants, we are equal football supporters

Thanks for your response.

I find your arguement highly amusing, you seem to be backing away from everything your group has stood for including its initial origins as a protest group.

As a group that purpots to represent Rovers supporters, you will be held accountable at the very least to your own mandate:

'Our aim as a group is to be the guardians who protect and sustain the heritage and the fabric, of which our proud football club was built upon in 1875.'

'As a group, the BRFC Action Group are not placing stock in our own interests merely that of Blackburn Rovers and we want to protect the heritage of the club and ensure as a nation of fans we can enjoy the exploits of the team for years to come.'

Your advocation/endorsement of Shebby (and subsequently Venkys) and the glorified PR role which you've played since the summer has contributed toward the continued destruction of our heritage/fabric, you're going against everything you set out to achieve.

I also note that you seem to have misunderstood the definition of selling out.

Does the truth hurt? If you want to spout poop all day then be willing to take your medicine

'does the truth hurt'.. That really is rich coming from one who has lied to supporters for the last two years glen! You are more annoying than your twin and both of you are nothing but an annoying boil on ones arse!ps get out of our club you hypocryte !

'does the truth hurt'.. That really is rich coming from one who has lied to supporters for the last two years glen! You are more annoying than your twin and both of you are nothing but an annoying boil on ones arse!ps get out of our club you hypocryte !

Bitchy! PMT??

Do we have to put up with this poster? Ever since this newbie has come on this site he/she has spouted nothing but vitriol and gone out of it's way to cause aggro. I can live with Topman as he posts sense from time to time but this one has come on to the site specifically to cause trouble.

Do we have to put up with this poster? Ever since this newbie has come on this site he/she has spouted nothing but vitriol and gone out of it's way to cause aggro. I can live with Topman as he posts sense from time to time but this one has come on to the site specifically to cause trouble.

Stop responding then.

It will go away when it doesn't get the attention it craves

Stop responding then.

It will go away when it doesn't get the attention it craves

I have not been responding. This was my first post on the subject. I just want the pest banned.

OK, thanks.

At least there can be no hiding now, we're a club in crisis.

When asked about the remainder of the season, Fish was adamant that Rovers can still achieve their goal of promotion back to the Premier League.

"Do I think we can do it? Yes. Absolutely, we've got the ability in the squad to still get the job done. You've only got to look at Reading last season.

"We need to have one of those runs. Also, the stands are empty. We need to be picking up results and getting people back through the gates again."

I suspect Mr Fish doesn't really hold these views and has made these remarks with a view to political sensitivity.

Because if not, he is an absolute turkey who needs to be de-gibletted and roasted old school style.

"We need to have one of those runs." That's straight out of the keano BS book of quotes.

I posted a thread on message board yesterday and it lasted 30 mins before mullan and fish had it removed so I guess 'bitchy' is relevant ! You can still view it though on the introduce yourself topic forum titled 'the real reason.....etc'.

look your getting on everyones nerves now.Grow up or cock off .You seem to be getting more lives on here than anyone else who continues dishing personal abuse out.

starting to smell a rat and a mate of someone high up on here maybe.

Very dignified for a man that wasn't given much of a chance.

I'm still on the fence regarding the decision. If we get someone experienced in, then a good call. If not, we will be heading for something nothing short of a disaster.

get another coach who is a puppet and its over .

freedom of speech which I was denied yesterday!

Archived