BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group

mark1875

The Launch went really well today, the centre was unveiled by Mayor Khan, Maureen Bateson MBE (Ewood ward) Councillor Sidat, Blackburn Rovers community Trust and also Shebby Singh. Many supporters dropped by with some travelling from out of town to come down. Once the launch was over it was down to business with back to back meetings with members of the council and also a large charity who have seeked the groups help.

The cenrte is the first of its kind in the UK and is being funded by the group committee. The early response from the club and the various footballing bodies has been really positive with them showing a willingness and ambition to make this a blueprint that other supporters of other clubs adopt. The centre will be run by volunteers 6 days a week with two dedicated slots in the week where people can attend without appointment to discuss either footballing concerns or community initiatives. This centre will guaranteee a rapid turn around when supporters have issues they wish to be addressed and will also allow them far more interaction with the club than ever before. This will also give people who don't like usiing social media an opportunity to communicate discretely and all discussions which will remain confidential and personal to the respective supporter. The group will continue to address collective concerns as it has over the last 6 months.

This is a joke, right?

The club is on its arse and sinking fast and you're opening a shop with the global advisor?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a joke, right?

The club is on its arse and sinking fast and you're opening a shop with the global advisor?

Any other ideas on how to get the message to the owners that they are hated and won't be supported?

Protesting didn't work.

Call in and vent your feelings about Venkys

Any other ideas on how to get the message to the owners that they are hated and won't be supported?

Protesting didn't work.

Nothing wrong with Venky's hearing, they just have no interest in listening.

There seems to be some belief that doing "something", regardless of what that something actually is, is better than doing nothing.

Even if it involves climbing into bed with Shebby.

Protesting didn't work.

IMO the only protest Venkys would take notice of is an empty stadium. A couple of those and they'd have to walk.

But for all the reasons given when I last suggested this, it won't happen.

so let's pretend we have a TOTAL boycott for the next two home games, Venkys decide they "have to walk", what happens then? Who steps in? Who pays the bills? Be careful what you wish for...

This is my BIG worry.

so let's pretend we have a TOTAL boycott for the next two home games, Venkys decide they "have to walk", what happens then? Who steps in? Who pays the bills? Be careful what you wish for...

better a short swift death than this prolonged venky murder.

+1000

I'm really struggling to understand the logic for a Supporters walk in to discuss footballing and other concerns.

Footballing concerns? You mean have a rante about the team, the owners etc? Isn't that what this board is about? Isn't that why we go the pub!?

Other concerns? You need to be very careful here. There are professional organsitions for this kind of thing and even if you are just listening it has to be done in the right manner or it can have terrible consequences.

If this is being run by say the Samiritans or something but using the Blackburn Rovers affiliation to attract people in then all very well and good. If it is being run by people that do not have experience in this area then I think it is a terrible idea, sorry bu I really do.

Well Venkys are the owners so they do. You reckon they would just close the club down and write off everything? I don't think so.

They'd be looking for a buyer and they'd find one. You think we should stick with them because the next one might be worse?!!!!!!!!!

Let's do nothing then. I know, we could always slag off Glen! :unsure:

They might well be looking for a buyer, but look how long it took the Walker Trust to find somebody when we were a well run, respectable club... so how long to find a buyer in our current position (both on and off the pitch)? The only club that I can think of who have had multiple owners over a short period of time is Portsmouth - nuff said!!!!!

Well Venkys are the owners so they do. You reckon they would just close the club down and write off everything? I don't think so.

They'd be looking for a buyer and they'd find one. You think we should stick with them because the next one might be worse?!!!!!!!!!

Let's do nothing then. I know, we could always slag off Glen! :unsure:

I would hope that last comment was a general statement and not aimed at me personally...to "slag off" people doesn't add anything to the thread or reflect well on fan doing the 'slagging' for the want of a better phrase.

Ewood park is more or less empty on match days now. A boycott would go unnoticable. Also uncared about in Pune.

don't think we need to pretend as people are now voting with their feet as there was no where near 12,000 in Ewood on Friday and will probably be less against Brighton the Saturday before Christmas when traditionally gates drop...

I wonder if the Action Group (and even the Fans Forum) for that matter would consider uniting under the banner of the Rovers Trust?

I'm sure they share a common goal "wanting the beft for Blackburn Rovers Football Club".

Just imagine what they could achieve collectively...

I wonder if the Action Group (and even the Fans Forum) for that matter would consider uniting under the banner of the Rovers Trust?

I'm sure they share a common goal "wanting the beft for Blackburn Rovers Football Club".

I'm sure we all want what is best for Blackburn Rovers, my personal opinion is that the Trust will never raise enough to run the club, nothing more than pipe dream.

I'm sure we all want what is best for Blackburn Rovers, my personal opinion is that the Trust will never raise enough to run the club, nothing more than pipe dream.

But they are not after running the club. but a shared stake 20% in the club.

I don't, football or business never works by committee, you would think that the trust would know this

How does it work at Swansea ? No, I don't know either. However what I do know is that if 20% of the club was owned by the fans then there would be 20% less chance of the fiasco that has just unfolded at BRFC over the last two years happening again. 20% more chance of getting rid of Kean sooner, 20% more chance of keeping John Williams and 20% more chance of a proper Board in being put in place.

I think an organisation like a trust needs to be at the forefront of any salvage job should the worst happen.... I am sure that is not the aim of any organisation that currently supports BRFC, but it would be wise to plan for such an eventuality. A comunity based organisation that has significant representation on the going concern that is BRFC is and can only be a good thing.

£2 or £3 million in pledges wouldn't get 20%, even if

A. The owners wanted to sell a minor share

B. All the pledges turned into hard cash

Neither in my opinion is likely.

Some of us thought yeollow and black shirts weren't likely to get Venky's to sell or Kean to resign, but apparently that made us not proper fans

Why are people on here so set on slating the Action Group at every opportunity,

I am a member of the Action Group, and believe me, i don't agree with everything they say.

However instead of Bellyaching about it on message boards, I e-mail the person, or catch them

in the pub, and discuss it, because even though i don't agree with something, doesn't mean it isn't right.

My concern at the moment, is why two of our best players (Givet & Simon) are not starting games, when it is obvious

to everyone that that they are a damn site better than most of our first team squad.

If it turns out he's not playing them for contractual reasons, then we are in the same position as we were before Doughnut left.

However i know Glen or Mark will bring this up at the next meeting with Shebby, and i will get an answer to my concerns.

What i really find hard to understand, is that before Shebby arrived, there was nothing coming out of the club, and most people

were not happy and frustrated, But now we have That communication some people are saying the Action Group should now step back. RUBBISH....If people think we're in a mess now, Imagine the state we would be in if Doughnut and co, had been left unchallenged...Yes it would be nice if all groups could work together, but while there is all this animosity on these boards forget it.

This is a good post - too many people complain and whine without ever having the balls to try and change things themselves.

Archived