BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group

mark1875

To add a little more, Derek stated that far too many suppliers had been allowed to get their feet under the table over the last 15 years, and because of this monopolised much of rovers spending without opposition from other suppliers.

Its this sort of stuff he is taking a hands on approach with.

Do you think this will stretch to looking at all companies who supply services? Thinking of his mate's PR business despite dreadful PR especially in the last couple of season's they seem to have their feet well under the table.

article_552ca2d79d2a97e5_1340900224_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

Not confident of Shaw's cost cutting talk after his time at PNE, but if we can continue bleeding money he's full of good ideas ! http://www.dailymail...-North-End.html

Also are there any plans to hold a meeting with the director of self preservation himself in the near future?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feckin hell, the MD's role seems to have been dumbed down if he is overlooking the purchase of chairs !

What about getting a shirt sponsor, filling those corporate boxes and getting rid of at least one from Black, Brunskill and Hendry. You might find a bob or two in that lot Derek !

Seems like Karen Silk now reports to Glen "I will ensure Karen Silk gets these immediately and they are answered in full".

If i was in Ms Silk's shoes, Mr Mullan would be told where to get off and go !

Feckin hell, the MD's role seems to have been dumbed down if he is overlooking the purchase of chairs !

What about getting a shirt sponsor, filling those corporate boxes and getting rid of at least one from Black, Brunskill and Hendry. You might find a bob or two in that lot Derek !

Seems like Karen Silk now reports to Glen "I will ensure Karen Silk gets these immediately and they are answered in full".

The club is haemoraging £2-3 millon a month but don't worry we'll get some cheaper chairs! What next? replacing Shaw's Parker pen with a biro?

Whilst I'm sure everyones intentions are good ones, I'm sick and tired of all this now.

Some people are unfortunately on a power trip and it is putting fellow Rovers fans off Rovers, how does that friggin help?

Grow up and support the club, not your own agendas.

Whilst I'm sure everyones intentions are good ones, I'm sick and tired of all this now.

Some people are unfortunately on a power trip and it is putting fellow Rovers fans off Rovers, how does that friggin help?

Grow up and support the club, not your own agendas.

It's hard to disagree with this.

The whole 'my group/your group' thing does seem as though it's a big power trip and some fans are seemingly enjoying being 'on the inside', when all is required is that we stick together as an entire fanbase and support the club.

The biggest problem our club has been in years (Kean) is now gone, so lets do away with these silly groups and just get back to all being Rovers supporters.

Don't be silly. He's just an "ordinary fan", as he was so fond of reminding us.

My god it's no wonder our fans are a laughing stock with some of these posts. Kamy hit the nail on the head.

You should have seen this thread at about 10:30 last night, it was absolutely ridiculous and I'm not surprised that most of the posts have been removed.

Good luck to the Action Group, Rovers Trust and fans forum but last night was the tipping point for me on getting involved with any of them.

You should have seen this thread at about 10:30 last night, it was absolutely ridiculous and I'm not surprised that most of the posts have been removed.

Good luck to the Action Group, Rovers Trust and fans forum but last night was the tipping point for me on getting involved with any of them.

Could I just highlight Rovers Trust was NOT involved in any of the postings in this thread last night.

Could I just highlight Rovers Trust was NOT involved in any of the postings in this thread last night.

Ok sorry about that but I think instead of trying to get other groups on board with the Rovers Trust I think it would be better distancing yourselves from them and any websites as well because the in fighting is dragging all groups down.

Even Shebby has given up on trying to bring everyone together.

Its confusing to keep up with who is part of which group. The Trust talk about community work and so do the action group, if you have a problem that you want to raise with the club you go to the fans forum...or is it the action group ?

If you are not happy with the owners then the Trust want to buy the club so join them or..do you raise the point with the fans forum or do you take it up with the action group ???

The new group that is coming out of all this are Rovers fans that are't in any groups. I believe that group are called Rovers Fans who bury there head in the sand and blindly support the team.

Again, apologies for mentioning the Trust but my point about not getting involved in any groups stands.

It's no problem Rob. I read the discussions last night and as a few people had grouped Rovers Trust in there I wanted to correct the impression.

Yours was a nice concise post which is why I used it.

:)

Ok sorry about that but I think instead of trying to get other groups on board with the Rovers Trust I think it would be better distancing yourselves from them and any websites as well because the in fighting is dragging all groups down.

Even Shebby has given up on trying to bring everyone together.

Its confusing to keep up with who is part of which group. The Trust talk about community work and so do the action group, if you have a problem that you want to raise with the club you go to the fans forum...or is it the action group ?

If you are not happy with the owners then the Trust want to buy the club so join them or..do you raise the point with the fans forum or do you take it up with the action group ???

The new group that is coming out of all this are Rovers fans that are't in any groups. I believe that group are called Rovers Fans who bury there head in the sand and blindly support the team.

Again, apologies for mentioning the Trust but my point about not getting involved in any groups stands.

One thing I find strange is that there does not seem to be issues with the roverstrust, ewood blues or the fans forum. These three groups seem to get on ok. They may disagree at times, but do so in a reasonable manner.

Since I don't like to badmouth people behind their backs, this is my current view on the AG:

In the beginning, I supported the AG putting pressure on the owners and pushing for Kean's exit from the club. It was a worthy cause and far more proactive than those who thought turning up and cheering blindly would turn things around. The AG didn't always cover themselves in glory but I think their intentions were pure. However, it seems that little taste of power and stardom has gone straight to their heads and they've flip-flopped their agenda to suit their own interests and not the idea they originally represented.

Since I don't like to badmouth people behind their backs, this is my current view on the AG:

In the beginning, I supported the AG putting pressure on the owners and pushing for Kean's exit from the club. It was a worthy cause and far more proactive than those who thought turning up and cheering blindly would turn things around. The AG didn't always cover themselves in glory but I think their intentions were pure. However, it seems that little taste of power and stardom has gone straight to their heads and they've flip-flopped their agenda to suit their own interests and not the idea they originally represented.

I think many share your sentiments.

• Backroom

To be honest the Action Group agenda has always been a well run club, and that is still very much the case. Yes we have changed a little, as we now also do community projects.

I think the only problem is the take home message people will remember from the protests is 'Kean out, Venkys out' which is why I think I change of name is needed to go with the new approach

Look, when we were winning the League and qualifying for Europe and having great cup runs, smashing transfer records, fielding teams we adored, managed by men we idolised, I honestly never sat there thinking, "Mmmm, but how can this club do more for the community....we should have more trips to the Illuminations, walk-in centres, open meetings with Bob Coar and Richard Matthewman minuted in detail...." And to be honest I couldn't care much less about those things now.

I have managed to support Rovers for 45 years without really ever joining any kind of supporters' groups or action factions probably since the late 60s/early 70s.

None of them have my endorsement or speak for me. I'm sure none are bothered about that, just as I'm not interested in their activities over and above a superficial read of the odd haughty post on here or twitter.

The day I feel I need Glen Mullan's or anyone else's approval of the way I choose to support my team, I'll pack up and start watching Oswy st Marys

WE never claim to speak for you and fully respect your decision to not be a member of any group, but why bother to read a thread specificaly about a group that doen't interest you? And doing community projects again isn't for everyone but is commended by others. Each to their own my friend

Why are people on here so set on slating the Action Group at every opportunity,

I am a member of the Action Group, and believe me, i don't agree with everything they say.

However instead of Bellyaching about it on message boards, I e-mail the person, or catch them

in the pub, and discuss it, because even though i don't agree with something, doesn't mean it isn't right.

My concern at the moment, is why two of our best players (Givet & Simon) are not starting games, when it is obvious

to everyone that that they are a damn site better than most of our first team squad.

If it turns out he's not playing them for contractual reasons, then we are in the same position as we were before Doughnut left.

However i know Glen or Mark will bring this up at the next meeting with Shebby, and i will get an answer to my concerns.

What i really find hard to understand, is that before Shebby arrived, there was nothing coming out of the club, and most people

were not happy and frustrated, But now we have That communication some people are saying the Action Group should now step back. RUBBISH....If people think we're in a mess now, Imagine the state we would be in if Doughnut and co, had been left unchallenged...Yes it would be nice if all groups could work together, but while there is all this animosity on these boards forget it.

Bypass, you've kind of nailed my issue with the action groups relationship with the club in your post. You use the Givet/Simon issue in your example. Now my view is that glen and Simon should not be in a position to go and ask Shebby why the manager isn't playing certain players. Could you imagine the same thing happening at a 'proper' football club? No, it shouldn't happen.

We have a manager who we pay a very healthy salary to run our football team. He should be allowed to get on with that.

My concern with the action group is their close relationship with Shebby which now seems to be clouding everything. Last season all we heard was Kean out, Venkys out!! Now they have Shebby's ear they aren't pushing for Venkys out. You have to ask yourself why there has been such a huge shift in such a short period of time.

For the record I'm not a member of any of the groups.

Archived