BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group

mark1875

Mullans after a job. The whole thing stinks now...meetings with Md and other directors??? about what?? not venkys out anymore is it?

Charlatans the lot of them...profiteering from our clubs demise.

Can you prove this post? That's a serious accusation.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mullans after a job. The whole thing stinks now...meetings with Md and other directors??? about what?? not venkys out anymore is it?

I take serious issue with the accusation that any of us are profiteering, and would invite you to now back up this accusation or withdraw it.

Why are people on here so set on slating the Action Group at every opportunity,

I am a member of the Action Group, and believe me, i don't agree with everything they say.

However instead of Bellyaching about it on message boards, I e-mail the person, or catch them

in the pub, and discuss it, because even though i don't agree with something, doesn't mean it isn't right.

My concern at the moment, is why two of our best players (Givet & Simon) are not starting games, when it is obvious

to everyone that that they are a damn site better than most of our first team squad.

If it turns out he's not playing them for contractual reasons, then we are in the same position as we were before Doughnut left.

However i know Glen or Mark will bring this up at the next meeting with Shebby, and i will get an answer to my concerns.

What i really find hard to understand, is that before Shebby arrived, there was nothing coming out of the club, and most people

were not happy and frustrated, But now we have That communication some people are saying the Action Group should now step back. RUBBISH....If people think we're in a mess now, Imagine the state we would be in if Doughnut and co, had been left unchallenged...Yes it would be nice if all groups could work together, but while there is all this animosity on these boards forget it.

You have just nailed in one post the worries people now have with BRAG. We now have a group of unqualified football people (BRAG) talking to an unqualified football person (Shebby) who then is making footballing decisions on our club, it's utter madness.

Clear that BRAG influenced Shebby on McKinlay, i have my suspicions as well that they steered Shebby towards Rhodes, away from Kean's target of Cox.

Worrying times.

I hope you back that allegation up .

You have just nailed in one post the worries people now have with BRAG. We now have a group of unqualified football people (BRAG) talking to an unqualified football person (Shebby) who then is making footballing decisions on our club, it's utter madness.

Clear that BRAG influenced Shebby on McKinlay, i have my suspicions as well that they steered Shebby towards Rhodes, away from Kean's target of Cox.

Worrying times.

Bad examples there-----in this nuthouse that is now BRFC I'm glad someone was able to influence him in the right direction. I accept this isn't normal process but what's normal about Rovers anymore?

Worrying times.

Since when have supporters groups had qualifications - you are talking nonsense.

The problem is not supporters groups, the problem has always been Venkys.

Bad examples there-----in this nuthouse that is now BRFC I'm glad someone was able to influence him in the right direction. I accept this isn't normal process but what's normal about Rovers anymore?

The example is irrelevant, it's the process of influence that is the point. And besides, right now the right direction is not looking like the right one.

Since when have supporters groups had qualifications - you are talking nonsense.

Exactly, and since when have supporters been able to influence the top brass at Rovers?

I agree that Venkys are 100% the problem, that's why i agree with the trusts position of creating a clear divide between Venkys and themselves. In my personal opinion, i struggle to see where BRAG ends and Rovers begins?

Worrying times.

Even if they did, Not looking like a bad decision to be perfectly honest

I think you mis-read the post

'We now have a group of unqualified football people (BRAG)'

The example is irrelevant, it's the process of influence that is the point. And besides, right now the right direction is not looking like the right one.

Exactly, and since when have supporters been able to influence the top brass at Rovers?

I agree that Venkys are 100% the problem, that's why i agree with the trusts position of creating a clear divide between Venkys and themselves. In my personal opinion, i struggle to see where BRAG ends and Rovers begins?

I said the process wasn 't normal but the are not normal times. If you had your way, McKinlay would be manager and we wouldn't have Rhodes (bullish!t in my opinion) but that's what you are saying. Further you are saying this would have been the right decision. Really?

I said the process wasn 't normal but the are not normal times. If you had your way, McKinlay would be manager and we wouldn't have Rhodes (bullish!t in my opinion) but that's what you are saying. Further you are saying this would have been the right decision. Really?

The right decision point was with regards to Berg not starting well, don't get me wrong, i know it's early doors but right now it's not looking great.

We have no idea what McKinlay will be like, none of us, but owners should live and die by their own decisions. If Berg does not take us up who gets the flack?

It's clear Venkys should be nowhere near our club.

I hope you back that allegation up .

Where have all the "venkys out" banners/chants/posts gone? From the disaster that our owners are, certain individuals seem to like this cosy relationship they now have with shebby/shaw etc....all the time our club burns and we're now a mid-table championship team. Rumours of them influencing the choice of coach(mckinlay?)....for me its mutated into a self serving organisation with no real direction or credibility.

Where have all the "venkys out" banners/chants/posts gone? From the disaster that our owners are, certain individuals seem to like this cosy relationship they now have with shebby/shaw etc....all the time our club burns and we're now a mid-table championship team. Rumours of them influencing the choice of coach(mckinlay?)....for me its mutated into a self serving organisation with no real direction or credibility.

I chant venkys out at every game and post it here all time .. Do keep up .

• Backroom

I'm surprised there isn't more discussion about the opening of the walk in centre today

Whether you support the action group or not or agree with its opening it seems quite an event to be largely ignored.

One thing that has often been aimed at the group in the past is a lack of professionalism and polish and I think the new approach and things like this go towards resolving that

I'm surprised there isn't more discussion about the opening of the walk in centre today

Whether you support the action group or not or agree with its opening it seems quite an event to be largely ignored.

One thing that has often been aimed at the group in the past is a lack of professionalism and polish and I think the new approach and things like this go towards resolving that

Thanks Tom,

The Launch went really well today, the centre was unveiled by Mayor Khan, Maureen Bateson MBE (Ewood ward) Councillor Sidat, Blackburn Rovers community Trust and also Shebby Singh. Many supporters dropped by with some travelling from out of town to come down. Once the launch was over it was down to business with back to back meetings with members of the council and also a large charity who have seeked the groups help.

The cenrte is the first of its kind in the UK and is being funded by the group committee. The early response from the club and the various footballing bodies has been really positive with them showing a willingness and ambition to make this a blueprint that other supporters of other clubs adopt. The centre will be run by volunteers 6 days a week with two dedicated slots in the week where people can attend without appointment to discuss either footballing concerns or community initiatives. This centre will guaranteee a rapid turn around when supporters have issues they wish to be addressed and will also allow them far more interaction with the club than ever before. This will also give people who don't like usiing social media an opportunity to communicate discretely and all discussions which will remain confidential and personal to the respective supporter. The group will continue to address collective concerns as it has over the last 6 months, but this will just allow members of the community another option.

• Backroom

Is anything being done to raise awareness of it outside of existing members and the Internet community?

Could for example the group afford to advertise at games somehow or get the club to do a piece about it before a game or in a program?

It's all sounding very postive and its good to see the group evolve in such a way

Is anything being done to raise awareness of it outside of existing members and the Internet community?

Could for example the group afford to advertise at games somehow or get the club to do a piece about it before a game or in a program?

It's all sounding very postive and its good to see the group evolve in such a way

We are currently looking at options of how this can be best achieved, the council will be helping by putting the groups work in various publications, whilst we are currently looking at our budget/forecast for 2013- regarding advertisment through the club. Its important we keep our independence, so alot will come down to costings.

The walk in centre will be obsolete i assume without a club to discuss

Agree Yoda-i think its called playing on the periphery. The Club is a wholesale mess and its future has to be very much in question with ongoing and rising losses and players we can neither sell or even get rid of because of the ridiculous contracts they are on. Venkys have to be asking themselves the question ''how far do they go in funding this basket case''?? Even if it is of their own making the decision has to come.

But wait.... all will be well because we have a walk In centre and a dialogue with Groucho Marx!! Should the focus not be on the fundamentals like how we exit this mess??

Agree Yoda-i think its called playing on the periphery. The Club is a wholesale mess and its future has to be very much in question with ongoing and rising losses and players we can neither sell or even get rid of because of the ridiculous contracts they are on. Venkys have to be asking themselves the question ''how far do they go in funding this basket case''?? Even if it is of their own making the decision has to come.

But wait.... all will be well because we have a walk In centre and a dialogue with Groucho Marx!! Should the focus not be on the fundamentals like how we exit this mess??

Have you joined so you can help to refocus BRAG?

Archived