SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group

mark1875

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
fair comment Tom but mullan and fish have de-valued this message board a lot longer than myself?

Difference being they don't launch an attack with every post which you have been

In the past people have been critical of all supporter groups and that's fine as long as its part of a reasoned debate and not just to have a dig none stop

Stuart, I'm not PRO or Anti Glen and his group. However, one needs to be clear with things here. Are BRAG for the fans, or for their members? While I applaud their dedication and the steps they take to put things right, I would like to know why its become a members only club? Unless I just kept on incorrectly misinterpreting Mullans comments, but at times it looked like you need to be a member to be allowed certain bits of info. I apologise if I'm getting things wrong here, but imho, there should not be group who have affiliated members to it.

The problem, Isgak, is that there are so many fans saying to Glen and Mark (et al) "YOU DON'T REPRESENT ME, YOU BUNCH OF KEANS!!!!". Therefore, is it any wonder they have said, "Ok, who does want us to represent them - join our group and let us know".

It's not fair to criticise them for making it members only, is it?

The represent the people who want to be represented by them. That seems fair enough to me.

The problems start if they don't act on behalf of their members - but that's not for you and I to get in a flap about it's between BRFCAG and their members. If enough members disagree with their approach, they will leave the group and reduce its overall scope and effectiveness as a lobbying party.

If I were a BRFCAG member, I'd be concerned about the approach (the Singh relationship) but then I'm not a member so I'm not party to the communications they will have been making to members.

That's about it really, Icers.

Thanks Henning, must have been very difficult to work under those clowns. Still a club legend as a player and has no bad feelings from me.

In some ways I'm actually a little jealous of Berg, he gets a pay-off (which I don't begrudge him) and gets to walk away from this hellhole.

We, meanwhile, have to continue to put up with it... well for as long as we, individuallly, can stomach it.

Good luck Henning - hope the association with Venkys doesn't damage your career long term.

Glen Mullan what have you and the action group got to say about the imminent appointments of steve macdonald and comical Ali?

Good question - I seem to recall when McKinlay as manager was mentioned before Berg's appointment, BRAG were foaming at the mouth, issuing various press releases and marching down to Ewood with pitchforks. Now, with the seemingly imminent appointment of a former Aston Villa youth coach and a young Asian youth coach, a stonewall silence.

Glen, do yourself a favour and button it for once.

Your post above is just childish.

No it isn't! It's a perfectly logical reply.

Your's is just another out of dozens that reveal your animosity towards a group of Rovers supporters (a very big group too).

Fair enough comment Stuart, however to add to that, and to be a bit controversial here, but if a few people were upset at the group, why marginalise the rest? Imo, Glen and his group, are basically saying that unless you are a member, you will not be allowed in.

I don't have a problem with Glen or Mark, as I chat with them on twitter, but I do find this seperation of fans as more of a blow to the club than Venkys incompetency. The fans should be united, and not having a pop at each other, when the club is already embroiled in all sorts of issues.

Your's is just another out of dozens that reveal your animosity towards a group of Rovers supporters (a very big group too).

Ask yourself why fans are fed-up of the Braggarts and maybe you'll see why.

Or are you one of the superfans?

a very big group of idiots whose agenda has switched from hatred to love towards our owners and their messiah...ha ha ha ha ha ha (recognise the laugh?)mr Singh !

Good question - I seem to recall when McKinlay as manager was mentioned before Berg's appointment, BRAG were foaming at the mouth, issuing various press releases and marching down to Ewood with pitchforks. Now, with the seemingly imminent appointment of a former Aston Villa youth coach and a young Asian youth coach, a stonewall silence.

Give BRAG time, theres no need to be mouthing off just yet, let the club make their announcements then BRAG can come in. But for now I hope GM and co. keep their cards close to their chests.

Ask yourself why fans are fed-up of the Braggarts and maybe you'll see why.Or are you one of the superfans?

Jealousy? An ordinary bloke works his guts out for the Club while others sit on their hands and prefer to make snide comments?

Guilt? Knew things were wrong but couldn't be arsed?

Ignorance? Easier to sling insults than be creative? Etc etc

There should NOT be different supporters groups. I seem to remember in the good old days, only the fans forum being the voice of fans. I know there were various supporters branches around the world, but the FF were where things were discussed.

I have to agree, why is BRAG so quiet, with the so called appointment of Macdonald and possibly Ali, when they were so vocal about McKinley being appointed. Was that a case of its members objecting to it, and them acting? Surely we can't allow the loons to make another idiotic decision. I have honestly never seen a backroom team announced 1st, before the actual manager was appointed. If this does happen, then somebody better explain why this was done, and it better be a bloody good explanation

Fair enough comment Stuart, however to add to that, and to be a bit controversial here, but if a few people were upset at the group, why marginalise the rest? Imo, Glen and his group, are basically saying that unless you are a member, you will not be allowed in. I don't have a problem with Glen or Mark, as I chat with them on twitter, but I do find this seperation of fans as more of a blow to the club than Venkys incompetency. The fans should be united, and not having a pop at each other, when the club is already embroiled in all sorts of issues.

No one group will unite the fans. It's not going to happen. Everyone wants something different.

Even if we had competent owners who had the clubs interests at heart, there would be those who would find something to pick holes at.

correct...well said!

a very big group of idiots whose agenda has switched from hatred to love towards our owners and their messiah...ha ha ha ha ha ha (recognise the laugh?)mr Singh !

Got any views on anything other than BRFCAG? Care to share them?

Who do you want as the next manager? What do you think of the treatment of Berg? Do you think Venkys are doing a good job and should continue to run it as they see fit? After all it's their right as owners? If not, do you think anything should be done about it? And if yes, what do you suggest, and how will YOU go about doing it?

Jealousy? An ordinary bloke works his guts out for the Club while others sit on their hands and prefer to make snide comments?

Guilt? Knew things were wrong but couldn't be arsed?

Ignorance? Easier to sling insults than be creative? Etc etc

...Or the fact they're fundamentally compromised as an organisation because they're in bed with the Global Numbnuts?

Regarding Glenn and BRAG there's no way whatsoever from the Club's point of view they should be entertaining BRAG on Club premises. The Club should keep the fans at arms length so to speak. It's like having someone who wants to bring the current organisation down working against you from within.

From BRAG's point of view there is no way whatsoever they should be working from Club premises either. They should be maintaining their independence so that they are not afraid to say anything that needs saying.

Thirdly Glenn frequently completely undermines the credibility of both himself and his group by rounding on other fans who have the temerity to disagree with him. If you're going to put yourself forward in such a prominent roles you're bound to attract criticism from time to time. A statesmanlike silence would often be far better than giving it the old "I'm a better fan than you because you do nowt" routine.

well said

Give BRAG time, theres no need to be mouthing off just yet, let the club make their announcements then BRAG can come in. But for now I hope GM and co. keep their cards close to their chests.

Mouthing off? I think its a perfectly reasonable question after their stance with McKinlay.

There should NOT be different supporters groups. I seem to remember in the good old days, only the fans forum being the voice of fans. I know there were various supporters branches around the world, but the FF were where things were discussed. I have to agree, why is BRAG so quiet, with the so called appointment of Macdonald and possibly Ali, when they were so vocal about McKinley being appointed. Was that a case of its members objecting to it, and them acting? Surely we can't allow the loons to make another idiotic decision. I have honestly never seen a backroom team announced 1st, before the actual manager was appointed. If this does happen, then somebody better explain why this was done, and it better be a bloody good explanation

And what if Glen was on the FF? Would that be okay then? The FF don't discuss football matters, so how does that help to bring matters to a head?

BRFCAG being quiet, eh? And that's after earlier one of the mb called for them to be more statesman-line in their approach and go about thing more quietly.

This is exactly my point, Igsak. Love them or hate them, they are doing what they can and what they believe is right. Their website slogan should be "damned if we do, damned if we don't".

BRAG are a complete set of pricks and to be quite honest its going to kick off big time soon with them, never ever known such hatred towards our own supposed fans.

Interesting you say that. Last time I was in Blackburn, a few months ago. I heard simular comments on a bus. One comment was somebody is likely to do them (fish / mullen) in soon. I was checking out one or two pubs from the good beer guide in the area. In conversations I had, not one person had anything good to say about the action group. I was genuinely surprised by that.

Difference being they don't launch an attack with every post which you have been

In the past people have been critical of all supporter groups and that's fine as long as its part of a reasoned debate and not just to have a dig none stop

tom... Their comes a time when you get so sick and fed up of nobodies with no goal in their lives other than self esteem constantly talking @#/? on tv and radio and EMBARRASSING BRFC! Sorry if I've upset you with my views but brag set out with with an agenda of pure hatred towards our owners and have along with the owners caused bitterness between fans like me and you for example!

tom... Their comes a time when you get so sick and fed up of nobodies with no goal in their lives other than self esteem constantly talking @#/? on tv and radio and EMBARRASSING BRFC! Sorry if I've upset you with my views but brag set out with with an agenda of pure hatred towards our owners and have along with the owners caused bitterness between fans like me and you for example!

Well kean me sideways.

I'm sorry but I've lost all hope in ever having a civil conversation with you. I've tried.

After Kean leaving, I had an amnesty on my ignore list but "their [sic] comes a time when you get so sick and fed up of nobodies with no goal in lives other than their self esteem constantly talking @#/?...".

P.S. 38.

Just to clarify, are you suggesting we issue a press release informing the club that supporters are unhappy that they are going to appoint coaches as coaches?

P.s Hi Carl

Just to clarify, are you suggesting we issue a press release informing the club that supporters are unhappy that they are going to appoint coaches as coaches?

P.s Hi Carl

Now, now Mark.

You know exactly what's being discussed here. No way should the coaches being coming in before the new manager - unless they are his men.

When have you ever known this happen before?

Archived