BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group

mark1875

Still doesn't stop people who are members of BRFCAG joining the membership scheme of the Trust and or pledging even when BRFCAG hold a vote on the group officially backing the Trust.

Those who vote yes (even if the overall vote is no) will still do what they feel is right so it's not a problem

That's fair comment PB02

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The owners won't just leave the club as you put it. There has to be someone willing to buy the club, and as BRAG spokespeople are against BRST as they see it unworkable, what options are you left with? If you wanted to try and make a real difference you have joined the wrong group.

There are folk interested and able to purchase the club. Neither venkys or the club can sustain the debts that are mounting. Something will have to give soon.

Quite correct a group endorsement is totally different to a individuals.

I know many members of the group who have pledged, me being one of them who have not withdrawn their pledges.

I have not signed up for membership as of yet, which brings me to another question

If anyone from the trust is reading I have a few questioins which I have been asked to ask, and the answers interest me too as I'm in a similar position.

1.if I dont become a member does that make my pledge invalid?

2 Does my pledge give me a vote?

These questions are being asked because if the green light gets the go ahead and pledges are called in, then obviously people who aint taken membership out but have pledged will no doubt be asked to forward their payments.

There is many BRFCAG members who have pledged and I'm sure many have become members of the Trust. Whilst many of the trust members are also members of the BRFCAG.

So regardless of the groups official stance it really is down to the individual, I'm hoping our members are now getting their membership packs through the doors as they have started to go out.

There is full literature within these packs provided by the RoversTrust which gives them all the details of how they can become members and the Trust aims.

There is also a ballot form within these too.

Still doesn't stop people who are members of BRFCAG joining the membership scheme of the Trust and or pledging even when BRFCAG hold a vote on the group officially backing the Trust.

Those who vote yes (even if the overall vote is no) will still do what they feel is right so it's not a problem

1.if I dont become a member does that make my pledge invalid?
Good question and I hope the answer will not be seen as splitting hairs or at all pedantic.

Your or any pledge will always be valid, it's a pledge individuals made towards the attempts to purchase part or all of the club. No one can make that pledge invalid. BUT to exercise the pledge and buy a share you have to join Rovers Trust as only members can purchase a share via the Trust.

We need to be clear on this. Rovers Trust is one of over 170 trusts in the UK. Each have been established with the guidance of the government sponsored body Supporters Direct. It's a requirement of Supporters Direct for ALL trusts.

2 Does my pledge give me a vote?
No the pledge does not give you a vote. Only membership of Rovers Trust gives a vote. All members have one vote whether or not they are shareholders (that is have made a pledge and subsequently purchased a share). The size of an individual shareholding has no influence on the number of votes an individual has.

Good question and I hope the answer will not be seen as splitting hairs or at all pedantic.

Your or any pledge will always be valid, it's a pledge individuals made towards the attempts to purchase part or all of the club. No one can make that pledge invalid. BUT to exercise the pledge and buy a share you have to join Rovers Trust as only members can purchase a share via the Trust.

We need to be clear on this. Rovers Trust is one of over 170 trusts in the UK. Each have been established with the guidance of the government sponsored body Supporters Direct. It's a requirement of Supporters Direct for ALL trusts.

No the pledge does not give you a vote. Only membership of Rovers Trust gives a vote. All members have one vote whether or not they are shareholders (that is have made a pledge and subsequently purchased a share). The size of an individual shareholding has no influence on the number of votes an individual has.

Thanks Paul

Of course the Venkys will not 'leave' the Club - they will want to sell it.

The price is depreciating by every day of their ownership.

We have to :

1/ Make it hot for them....this is not disloyalty to 'our' Club

and: 2/ Encourage potential buyers(there are some) and support the Trust to hold some ' golden' share

If we cannot unite over this then perhaps we will lose our Club.

Those who do know me, would say NOT A CHANCE!. They know how ruthless I can be, They know my attention to detail in analyising everything. A

As the wise man once said, "Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer"

Attention to detail? Your posting suggests otherwise. Ruthless? You certainly are great job on Agnew with that blog of yours! That will keep him close.

Keep up the good work, its still all on track - its nearly time just when they think we are defeated we will snare the net and win the day...

Pune Loons, Sheriff Shabby and Fa Mulan - It will make a great Disney cartoon but I despair.

We said all this last season , we made it hot for them, when I believe there was potential buyers. to many chose to ignore us or even slate us for trying. I would imagine the trust guys have a list of any potential buyers ready to take a punt on Rovers?

Rovers Trust has remained exceptionally professional in all our dealings with all members, non members and other supporter groups.

We do not have a list of potential buyers and certainly wouldn't endorse a "punt".

There will be a number of organisations that would be willing to buy BRFC and invest. BUT, the "For sale" sign must be out first to get these people to come forward. If there was any ACTION to this regard then I'm sure this would happen and quickly.

A blind faith / hope that thongs will 'click' into place will not change the future.

It is important that 'elected' committee members of any supporter groups act also in a professional manner.

As difficult as it is at times not to react I refuse to conduct my affairs in a public spat format. I have asked various people many times not to get involved in this.

A number of supporters have clearly said either on public message boards or in private that they are fed up and disappointed with the inter group spats. It is turning away genuine supporters from getting involved with any group due to these petty digs and arguments. I therefore call on all members of or elected committee group members to refrain from any public arguments.

We are all ROVERS supporters so surely we should be standing together to help the cause, whatever our individual or group affiliation ?

Off track but has there been any contact with the Football League recently regarding Venkys?

We as a group held discussions to this matter through the night last night and there is due to be correspondence with both the Football League and the Football Association within the coming days.

Rovers Trust has remained exceptionally professional in all our dealings with all members, non members and other supporter groups. We do not have a list of potential buyers and certainly wouldn't endorse a "punt". There will be a number of organisations that would be willing to buy BRFC and invest. BUT, the "For sale" sign must be out first to get these people to come forward. If there was any ACTION to this regard then I'm sure this would happen and quickly. A blind faith / hope that thongs will 'click' into place will not change the future. It is important that 'elected' committee members of any supporter groups act also in a professional manner. As difficult as it is at times not to react I refuse to conduct my affairs in a public spat format. I have asked various people many times not to get involved in this. A number of supporters have clearly said either on public message boards or in private that they are fed up and disappointed with the inter group spats. It is turning away genuine supporters from getting involved with any group due to these petty digs and arguments. I therefore call on all members of or elected committee group members to refrain from any public arguments. We are all ROVERS supporters so surely we should be standing together to help the cause, whatever our individual or group affiliation ?

Wayne I can assure you that my post had no malice or agenda whatsoever. I know you guys are working equally as hard as we are albeit in a different way. Mud slinging does none of us any favours. I was simply pointing out that last year there was potential buyers and that if there still is then you guys would know about it.

I have pledged when it was brsit, my personal view which I said during the formation of the trust is that the only current scenario for us to have any real say in the way the club is run/supporter ownership is in a Portsmouth type situation. Venkys are not going to sell ATM, they are not going to give part of the circa 60 million they have blown to a supporter group. Also if they did who would be our board member? The trust originally was saying that it would employ an experienced board, would the board still do this? Who would pay for the board member? The club or the trust? If the club why would venkys agree to this? If the trust how would this work.

Again personally, I would love it if venkys gave Wayne a seat on the board as an experienced businessman and with his heart in the right place.

I just wish that ALL groups could forget their personality clashes, agendas etc. find some common ground and work together for the greater good. BRFC.

May i ask how much of the £3m worth of pledges have been pledged by members of the Trust?

Your point is ??

The pledges were an intention to buy shares in BRFC should the current or any future owners agree to sell the whole or part of the club. It is blindingly obvious that these were at a time when the club wasn't up for sale. Therefore it was always going to be a difficult situation when we were asking people to sign up to buy shares of something that isn't up for sale. If the club was up for sale there we would have have a much stronger and larger group of people wanting to get involved.

This is a personal statement from myself and is not a Rovers Trust statement...

"I am bitterly disappointed at the way the current owners have conducted the ownership of BRFC. Almost every major decision has been incorrect. The club in my view, and my close friends, is having a deeply worrying effect on the future of our club. It cannot be wrong to ask the owners to either run the club in a professional and dignified manner or sell to someone who will. We currently have a person who is conducting a personal PR campaign who is making the major decisions on the future of our club. How can someone who has no experience whatsoever in making managerial decisions and appointments be deciding who the next manager is ? Surely it is absolute common sense to appoint directors with proven football experience to make these decisions. The links that SS has to non employees of the club is also deeply worrying. I am personally worried about the financial stability of the club. If as our Global Advisor said is not a concern then where is the statement from the owners that he PROMISED within two weeks ?

I am deeply concerned about the short and medium term future of our club, so unless some real assurances can be given then I will continue to worry and try and do something about it. "

Wayne I can assure you that my post had no malice or agenda whatsoever. I know you guys are working equally as hard as we are albeit in a different way. Mud slinging does none of us any favours. I was simply pointing out that last year there was potential buyers and that if there still is then you guys would know about it.

Paul, to be clear, we DO NOT have a list of potential buyers as I'm sure you know. What we want are responsible owners who act in a responsible manner.

Nobody has asked me to buy my house. However, should I put a for sale sign up I'm sure they will. I'm also sure they will mow the grass, paint the fence, pay the bills and feed the dog. Because if they don't their value in my house will be worthless.

Your point is ?? The pledges were an intention to buy shares in BRFC should the current or any future owners agree to sell the whole or part of the club. It is blindingly obvious that these were at a time when the club wasn't up for sale. Therefore it was always going to be a difficult situation when we were asking people to sign up to buy shares of something that isn't up for sale. If the club was up for sale there we would have have a much stronger and larger group of people wanting to get involved. This is a personal statement from myself and is not a Rovers Trust statement... "I am bitterly disappointed at the way the current owners have conducted the ownership of BRFC. Almost every major decision has been incorrect. The club in my view, and my close friends, is having a deeply worrying effect on the future of our club. It cannot be wrong to ask the owners to either run the club in a professional and dignified manner or sell to someone who will. We currently have a person who is conducting a personal PR campaign who is making the major decisions on the future of our club. How can someone who has no experience whatsoever in making managerial decisions and appointments be deciding who the next manager is ? Surely it is absolute common sense to appoint directors with proven football experience to make these decisions. The links that SS has to non employees of the club is also deeply worrying. I am personally worried about the financial stability of the club. If as our Global Advisor said is not a concern then where is the statement from the owners that he PROMISED within two weeks ? I am deeply concerned about the short and medium term future of our club, so unless some real assurances can be given then I will continue to worry and try and do something about it. "

As this is your opinion its 100% valid

However he did not promise a statement from the owners, he said he would get the club to make one. He was pushed to get it from the owners, he stated the club is owned by the owners. He also on numerous occassions has publicallt stated he cannot force Venkys to make a statement , they are his employers.

The links to non Rovers employees? Would you care to elaborate? Do you mean he is talking to supporter groups RE The Fans forum and Action Group? Or does he has links to something untowards?

Your point is ?? The pledges were an intention to buy shares in BRFC should the current or any future owners agree to sell the whole or part of the club. It is blindingly obvious that these were at a time when the club wasn't up for sale. Therefore it was always going to be a difficult situation when we were asking people to sign up to buy shares of something that isn't up for sale. If the club was up for sale there we would have have a much stronger and larger group of people wanting to get involved.

My point was that those of us who have pledged and not yet signed up to the new look trust (including myself) cannot follow our pledges through until we do sign up, so i was just seeking clarity on what amount of those pledges/pledgers had come from the membership base.

Thought it was a reasonable question, sorry i asked

It's becoming a little tedious to read some of the tit for tat crap above - BRST is becoming an increasingly viable option - stop trying to pick holes in something that could become part of a secure future for my football club.

You are acting like children.

It's becoming a little tedious to read some of the tit for tat crap above - BRST is becoming an increasingly viable option - stop trying to pick holes in something that could become part of a secure future for my football club. You are acting like children.

Pick Holes? I asked a perfectly reasonable question regarding the progress of something i and other supporters are being asked to support. If supporters aren't allowed to do that then i won't bother next time. :huh:

Archived