BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group

mark1875

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually as a fan (not a member of BRAG) i would just like to say that Mark encapsulated my feelings on tv that day, i was phuckin delighted.
A couple of questions

What is BRAG stance on Singh?

I also find it interesting that when BRAG were set up it was to help get rid of venkys but then they hired Singh to help them stop the protest and get fans back on board but all he has done is insult the fans and senior players so why have BRAG taken the pressure of venkys?

When Mark spoke on Sky Sports he spoke as a member of the Action Group and people have applauded that. When we post on here it is as Rovers supporters.

you know what tom(youve removed your post), if said fan is pafell, im surprised he is being threatened with legal action and not violence, i am amazed by the fact, he hasnt gotten his face re-arranged ages ago.

there are alot of posters, who have a histroy and score to settle, but i´ve never seen so much agenda driven bullshit, coming from one poster on any forum i´ve ever been to.! Never. He whines at every given opportunity,baits them, attacks them, he is acting like a goddamn troll. Perhaps its about time, that you mods took some action, although i dont see that coming, as one of you seems be pafells twin, when the subject of brfcag comes up.. Pitifull really.

Glen Mullan

As a fan of brfc, i have really enjoyed the actions you´ve taken, well atleast the majority. From the protesst, non-stop kean hate, the mckinlay and sherwood thing and what not. As i´ve shared views with your group, although as a non member, i´m often looking at your group, to see what you do.

i´m not asking you this question, while preparing my assault rifle, im just asking out of interest.

Does brfcag endorse the employment of peter taylor, if it ends up being him.?

All questions will be met with the reply that these are individuals and not the group on here so basically no comment and also anything said out of turn will be met with legal action.

This business model seems very familiar.

Come to think of it Pafel, have you actually done anything yourself about the concerns you have about the club? And this is a serious question? also and I maybe wrong on this but a few months ago where you not in the process of setting up your own regional supporters group? Like I say I may have you mixed up with someone else but if it is you, rather than come here sniping at others why not update us all on your group that should be ticking along nicely by now?

In the prosess is not correct. Mooted the question about getting a Rovers supporters club going in Sussex. Simple reason that there are not too many rovers supporters in sussex and those that are are too far from each other. yes it could be done via skype etc - but it would not achieve anything, so pointless.

But if those same supporters who did express interest, reconsidered the idea, then it can be looked at again.

My suggestion about brag going onto there own site was because they say they represent their members and not non members - as they say themselves. So instead of having infighting amoungst supporters on here - keep to themselves on there own board instead. Not intended as a dig.

Folk should also realise that it is not defamation to be critical of a group, or to say critical things about a group. You only have to read and listen to what polititions say about each others party to see that.

It is sad when fans are threatening legal action or considering doing so against each other. But anybody is in their rights to be critical of a group - whatever that group stands for. That also includes individuals who are leading or heavily involved with a particular group. For example, how ofter do we hear folk say David Cameron is out of touch etc etc.

So you suggest we should change our avatars? and the Trust supporters and pledger's? If they post surely people don't think this is an official statement?

The supporters and pledgers do not hold the same position of responsibility as you. I assume you are an elected representative of the group's members?

When Mark spoke on Sky Sports he spoke as a member of the Action Group and people have applauded that. When we post on here it is as Rovers supporters.

I hear what you're saying. But you have a position of responsibility within the Action Group, therefore your posts should reflect this. You can't just choose to ignore it and post your personal opinion without any consequences.

Graham Jones MP is a good example. His tweets that are Rovers related are carefully thought and he considers his position of responsibility before writing anything. In my opinion you all should do the same, and that is meant in the nicest way.

I hear what you're saying. But you have a position of responsibility within the Action Group, therefore your posts should reflect this. You can't just choose to ignore it and post your personal opinion without any consequences.

Graham Jones MP is a good example. His tweets that are Rovers related are carefully thought and he considers his position of responsibility before writing anything. In my opinion you all should do the same, and that is meant in the nicest way.

Well said. This is precisely my point.

you know what tom(youve removed your post), if said fan is pafell, im surprised he is being threatened with legal action and not violence, i am amazed by the fact, he hasnt gotten his face re-arranged ages ago.

there are alot of posters, who have a histroy and score to settle, but i´ve never seen so much agenda driven bullshit, coming from one poster on any forum i´ve ever been to.! Never. He whines at every given opportunity,baits them, attacks them, he is acting like a goddamn troll. Perhaps its about time, that you mods took some action, although i dont see that coming, as one of you seems be pafells twin, when the subject of brfcag comes up.. Pitifull really.

Glen Mullan

As a fan of brfc, i have really enjoyed the actions you´ve taken, well atleast the majority. From the protesst, non-stop kean hate, the mckinlay and sherwood thing and what not. As i´ve shared views with your group, although as a non member, i´m often looking at your group, to see what you do.

i´m not asking you this question, while preparing my assault rifle, im just asking out of interest.

Does brfcag endorse the employment of peter taylor, if it ends up being him.?

I would feel uncomfortable endorsing any football manager to be honest the only people who can endorse a manager are his employers surely?, would Peter Taylor be my preferred choice that I can answer easily NO. If he is to be appointed then I will back him as I did Berg another who wouldn't have been my choice.

I know we issued a statement re Billy Mc but that was simply putting across the views of many many group members.

I would feel uncomfortable endorsing any football manager to be honest the only people who can endorse a manager are his employers surely?, would Peter Taylor be my preferred choice that I can answer easily NO. If he is to be appointed then I will back him as I did Berg another who wouldn't have been my choice.

Can you not see how daft statements like the above look after the Sherwood/McKinlay episode? We will never know where we would be now had those press releases not been put out.

I know we issued a statement re Billy Mc but that was simply putting across the views of many many group members.

thanks for answering pk.

Can you not see how daft statements like the above look after the Sherwood/McKinlay episode? We will never know where we would be now had those press releases not been put out.

That is why there is another line to the post explaining the Billy Mc statement

That is why there is another line to the post explaining the Billy Mc statement

It still doesn't make sense.

Do you collect exact numbers of people that objected to Sherwood/McKinlay?

Do you have trigger points that determine if you issue statements, i.e. 100 emails saying we should play in red??

Which is a good point, we was put under increasing pressure over McKinlay and put the statement out. This lead to a further backlash. So in hindsight it was wrong of us to issue that statement. We dont always get things right and that was a mistake.

So when faced now with the same decision , and believe me we have considered it , however have chosen not to (RE Taylor).

I spoke with a Jouno today who works for TV and asked his opinion on us putting a statement out regarding Taylor. I explained that some supporters had hit the roof over the possibility. His reaction was, if we did that, any sympathy the Supporters of Blackburn Rovers now have from the media world would be lost, and we would be deemed to be far too unreasonable.

He said we would be shot from all quarters, he said some supporters may be pleased, but the chance of anyone taking the supporters serious again would be zilch.

There is nothing stopping other groups or sites issueing a statement, but on this occassion we have been advised against it

In the prosess is not correct. Mooted the question about getting a Rovers supporters club going in Sussex. Simple reason that there are not too many rovers supporters in sussex and those that are are too far from each other. yes it could be done via skype etc - but it would not achieve anything, so pointless.

But if those same supporters who did express interest, reconsidered the idea, then it can be looked at again.

My suggestion about brag going onto there own site was because they say they represent their members and not non members - as they say themselves. So instead of having infighting amoungst supporters on here - keep to themselves on there own board instead. Not intended as a dig.

Folk should also realise that it is not defamation to be critical of a group, or to say critical things about a group. You only have to read and listen to what polititions say about each others party to see that.

It is sad when fans are threatening legal action or considering doing so against each other. But anybody is in their rights to be critical of a group - whatever that group stands for. That also includes individuals who are leading or heavily involved with a particular group. For example, how ofter do we hear folk say David Cameron is out of touch etc etc.

Yes----what a reasonable chap you are Pafel.

Which is a good point, we was put under increasing pressure over McKinlay and put the statement out. This lead to a further backlash. So in hindsight it was wrong of us to issue that statement. We dont always get things right and that was a mistake.

So when faced now with the same decision , and believe me we have considered it , however have chosen not to (RE Taylor).

I spoke with a Jouno today who works for TV and asked his opinion on us putting a statement out regarding Taylor. I explained that some supporters had hit the roof over the possibility. His reaction was, if we did that, any sympathy the Supporters of Blackburn Rovers now have from the media world would be lost, and we would be deemed to be far too unreasonable.

He said we would be shot from all quarters, he said some supporters may be pleased, but the chance of anyone taking the supporters serious again would be zilch.

There is nothing stopping other groups or sites issueing a statement, but on this occassion we have been advised against it

That's fair enough. And i agree with that. We have no real idea what Taylor will be like and if he is crap then we will let them know.

Owners should love or die by their own decisions.

This one, that I made a little earlier:

To paraphrase, I think the issue here is people look at individuals' gossip. Is it appropriate for an individual to post this kind of information, whether or not in a personal capacity, while also holding a position of responsibility in a supporters group? Is doing so in the best interests of that group's membership, or does it weaken the group's credibility?

What about a statement about that tit Shebby saying that if Bowyer was given the job he would be subject to torid 'abuse' from the fans? That's the one that really irritated me from the Shebby Show on radio Lancs tonight.

I don't think that advice was very good to be honest. If the only way to be thought reasonable is to accept a manager as bad as Taylor,then it isn't a price worth paying.

I accept though that nothing stops other fans organising to do it, doesn't have to be you. If you did put put a statement this Board would be full of posters telling you how far up yourself you've got and how dare you claim to speak for them?

Shouldn't we all just stop caring what the media outside of Blackburn thinks of us, they have hated us from the day Uncle jack made us premier league champions(maybe longer than that but that's before my time) and have been waiting for 20 years for something like this to happen(and there luvin it).

Got to agree on that Glen think you answered a lot by those comments as Taylor is very well respected in the media even with his not to brilliant record of last few years

Archived