BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool away tickets

matt83

Seems quite a small allocation given how unlikely Blackpool are to sell 15,000 home tickets. Don't know whether its a lack of ambition/forcefulness from Rovers or some other reason but its quite irritating sometimes how our allocations are significantly below demand when they don't seem to have to be.

Like when for example? Not very often we need to go back to clubs asking for a further allocation......

Is anyone after a ticket for this still BTW? May have a spare.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems quite a small allocation given how unlikely Blackpool are to sell 15,000 home tickets. Don't know whether its a lack of ambition/forcefulness from Rovers or some other reason but its quite irritating sometimes how our allocations are significantly below demand when they don't seem to have to be.

Blackpool only give that allocation to all teams as far as im aware.I doubt we'd sell the whole stand of 4k plus so they aint goin to start turfing home fans out of their seats to accomodate a few extra Rovers fans.

Well if we've sold 2,200 a week before then we could easily manage 3,000. It sometimes happens with Bolton as well, only asking for about 3,000 and then they're sold out a week or so before. As I said I seriously doubt they'd be turfing out home fans cause I seriously doubt Blackpool can shift 15,000 tickets when they only get 12,000 home fans turning up on average, we aint that big an attraction. Sure there's plenty of supporters (like me) who struggle to get to the ticket office with work and are always on the last minute or turning up on the day for away games. If they'd given us 3,000 and sold them at the ground as well we'd have filled it absolutely no problem. Instead there's almost guaranteed to be empty seats for no reason, no way will this fixture sell out 17,300.

And then local opposition teams can and do bring huge away followings to Rovers on a regular basis. Can you imagine Blackpool asking for/only being allowed 2,200 at Ewood? It just seems like Rovers prefer the option with less hassle than being a bit more insistent and risking losing a small amount of money in exchange for better support. Maybe the people who organise/negotiate these things are just lazy, wouldn't surprise me under this circus.

Rovers fans always leave everything to the last minute. Plus I expect a lot of people thought that they wouldn't be eligible for the tickets we were allocated so didn't think of trying to get one. As mentioned before on other posts our away following is something to be proud of and let's face it, everyone knows the away games are the best, so much pride and passion gathered together in one stand.

Like i said i think there are quite a few home fans in the same stand although im only going off seeing Bpool on the box. We'd prob have sold a fair few more if they were available and on general sale but no way would these lot pay for the whole stand,as mentioned it happened a few times under the old regime particularly at Bolton and it was annoying. Don't think we'll have the same problems next season as most away followings will probably half :(

Local paper reporting only 650 seats left in home areas - so you could be wrong.

Have to say I have absolutely no confidence in Berg. He seems to have no idea at all about how to change the game.

I mean this is crazy. No one in midfiled is willing to drop and take a pass. Dunn is on the bench. He can do that. Instead we bring on Rochina, which is fine, but does not address the main issue which is that our pattern of play is Dann hoofing it up.

And Bpool have 2.

Personally I would sack Berg. He's clueless.

Archived