BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys Assets - London Limited.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fact or intuition based on the "investment" share capitalisation?

Intuition. Leopards don't change their spots. The funding apparently going into the club since August doesn't stack up financially or historically

Intuition. Leopards don't change their spots. The funding apparently going into the club since August doesn't stack up financially or historically

I was worried before the season started that they may sell the 48m parachute payments, nobody believed me, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Cant disagree with you. Sad to say but its money being wasted buying, loaning, paying and paying-off a very average playing squad.

What happens in summer when we have no money in the coffers and selling Rhodes will give us maybe 6-8 more weeks? Administration, debt, sell and run, or real investment? Im thinking that the latter option is the least likely.

You think? We've already spent the next two seasons parachute payments. It isn't going to get better.

Better in the sense of not running up losses at the same rate with, hopefully, a competitive wage bill next season - not better as in the future of the club is in great shape. After next season, even the most optimistic Rovers supporter would give up on having any chance of promotion, regardless of what the owners want or do. Hence Promotion is vital next season.

I was worried before the season started that they may sell the 48m parachute payments, nobody believed me, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Interesting theory. Could be what took so long to think about last summer.

Cant disagree with you. Sad to say but its money being wasted buying, loaning, paying and paying-off a very average playing squad.

What happens in summer when we have no money in the coffers and selling Rhodes will give us maybe 6-8 more weeks? Administration, debt, sell and run, or real investment? Im thinking that the latter option is the least likely.

Without the Bank of India overdraft, Rovers would be insolvent so it would be a fire sale of playing staff to halve the wage bill at least. Without Parachute payments, it would be administration straight away with Shebby starting at right back.

Without the Bank of India overdraft, Rovers would be insolvent so it would be a fire sale of playing staff to halve the wage bill at least. Without Parachute payments, it would be administration straight away with Shebby starting at right back.

We all know where its headed. We all know they have no money. We all know they are baffoons.

We just hope there is something left to salvage at the end. And if there's not I'll be straight down to FA

head quarters to trash the offices. Football regulators my Ar$e.

Quietly waiting......

Just out of curiosity:

Although it has always been portrayed as a negative, is the transfer of the clubs banking arrangements to Bank of India from Barclays necessarily a bad thing?

Is it feasible that any borrowings are secured against Venky's assets in India as opposed to those in UK (BRFC) because to support the club's borrowing requirements going forward the collateral in UK was insufficient? Collateral in other countries is generally worthless from a borrowing perspective as in default it is extremely difficult to enforce.

Simplistic view perhaps but if so could it not be a positive?

Just out of curiosity:

Although it has always been portrayed as a negative, is the transfer of the clubs banking arrangements to Bank of India from Barclays necessarily a bad thing?

Is it feasible that any borrowings are secured against Venky's assets in India as opposed to those in UK (BRFC) because to support the club's borrowing requirements going forward the collateral in UK was insufficient? Collateral in other countries is generally worthless from a borrowing perspective as in default it is extremely difficult to enforce.

Simplistic view perhaps but if so could it not be a positive?

Neutral at best, worrying that Barclays allegedly said no to Venkys financial plans for Rovers.

Neutral at best, worrying that Barclays allegedly said no to Venkys financial plans for Rovers.

Baz, could it not be BRFC are now 'wrapped' in some form of group structure and we are merely a subsidiary of a conglomerate and in essence don't have banking arrangements of our own?

Either way, as an independent or as above, it's unlikely Barclays would be enthusiastic IMO

Or maybe Barclays wanted tangible security (brockhall and/or ewood) and got told to @#/? off by venkys?

I think you would find neither Ewood or Brockhall would be worth much in terms of equity to borrow against in the context and amounts we are talking . Contrary to common opinion I hasten to add.

Come on John! What are the highlights please? I can't be bothered to listen to 25 minutes on shelving tips / bargains to get to the chase. Let me guess "all very amicable, in constant touch, finger on the pulse, here for the long term, really good people - gave me a job and I'm pony"?

Come on John! What are the highlights please? I can't be bothered to listen to 25 minutes on shelving tips / bargains to get to the chase. Let me guess "all very amicable, in constant touch, finger on the pulse, here for the long term, really good people - gave me a job and I'm pony"?

Ah, well that's where you're wrong Robert. Not shelving but I could sell you a lovely line in pallet racking. What's your poison narrow isle, how many bays, eaves height?

Don't mention football or Rovers. To Dell it's just a pigs bladder and sommat on Corrie.

Exactly dazzler, the man cares more about his shelves and his occasional Roy Chubby Brown stunt man roles than he does about BRFC. And yet we / I criticise cause he sticks his neck out and speaks.

But yer man, Mr Footiball, remains, and Singh. Jesus wept. Time to go, time to go, time go o, so fu.....

Until those two have gone it will always be an uphill battle. So Shaw is possibly the best of a crap bunch. Who knows?

Big game coming up. Two big games. Career defining? Listen to the lads on here and yes it is. Lets sack him if we lose both. Get someone else in and buy some more players with Venkys bottomless (free) pit of money. What could possibly go wrong?

Or get Best back, Jo King, Dunny (when fit, or if we decide to play him Shebby, still the best midfielder at the club (caveat, fat, bone idle, excuses etc) even for 15 mins), Givet anyone? Another who has obviously been pi$$ed about for non footballing reasons.

Anyway back to the assets. That'll be Rhodes then.

Berg comes across very well, loved his time at Rovers as a player.

Admits doesnt get on with shebby ( but doesnt say much more than that) but does state every team he sent out was his decision.

Says he is based in England now, as are his family, so is looking for more manager or media work over here.

Comes over as a genuinely nice professional guy.

Until those two have gone it will always be an uphill battle. So Shaw is possibly the best of a crap bunch.

You must know plenty of nobenders, Bob. Those I've spoken to say the person they hate most is Alex Ferguson but Shaw comes a close second.

What if Singh's remit now is to keep tabs on Shagnew? Is he still public enemy number one. As long as he's employed the the Raos and stays away from the radio/papers, I'll gladly ignore him.

You must know plenty of nobenders, Bob. Those I've spoken to say the person they hate most is Alex Ferguson but Shaw comes a close second..

I don't know any actually Stu. How bizarre! But for clarities sake i'd better point out that I wouldn't trust Shaw one little bit either. It's akin to choosing between having a broken left leg (Singh), a broken right leg (Agnew) or a broken left arm (Derek Shelfy-Brown). I.e. not good.

Way to go Venkys! It's a shame Terry F***wit turned them down.

I don't know any actually Stu. How bizarre! But for clarities sake i'd better point out that I wouldn't trust Shaw one little bit either. It's akin to choosing between having a broken left leg (Singh), a broken right leg (Agnew) or a broken left arm (Derek Shelfy-Brown). I.e. not good.

Way to go Venkys! It's a shame Terry F***wit turned them down.

And yet Venkys will still be looking for ways to "break your right arm"!

Archived