BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vince retires

Mercer

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an Australian who has followed Vince's career, it's a shame it didn't work out. He was a good player, but injury got the better of him I'm afraid. I have met him a few times and he really is a down to earth guy and did not deserve to earn the wrath that he has during his time at the club. I can think of a few players over the years, more close to home, that are crooked and deserving of that title.

What a thief. He's known for a long time his body couldn't handle it anymore, funny that he retires now he's gone eh? Robbing git.

Its Rovers fault, he signed a contract, we went after him and paid a fee, his fitness wasnt an issue in Italy so why here?

If he was injured playing for Rovers then why should he quit? If you got a bad back lifting something at work would you quit or claim some injury benefit if you couldnt do the job?

What a thief. He's known for a long time his body couldn't handle it anymore, funny that he retires now he's gone eh? Robbing git.

Not sure I feel that strongly, but I certainly don't agree with the "not his fault" thing.

Morally I think he was wrong to take all that money from us knowing that he wasn't capable of doing the job. Legally I know it was perfectly accpetable to do so, but he should have retired long before now.

As an Australian who has followed Vince's career, it's a shame it didn't work out. He was a good player, but injury got the better of him I'm afraid. I have met him a few times and he really is a down to earth guy and did not deserve to earn the wrath that he has during his time at the club. I can think of a few players over the years, more close to home, that are crooked and deserving of that title.

why? he has stole millions out of our club with his non stop treatment. We can sacked for being off twice with flu. #He buggered belief.

If you got a bad back lifting something at work would you quit or claim some injury benefit if you couldnt do the job?

If he'd gotten injured on the job then fair enough, but that wasn't the case. He arrived crocked, whatever problems he had were present the day he signed the contract.

Not sure I feel that strongly, but I certainly don't agree with the "not his fault" thing.

Morally I think he was wrong to take all that money from us knowing that he wasn't capable of doing the job. Legally I know it was perfectly accpetable to do so, but he should have retired long before now.

not often i say it but true dat.

+1 Whilst the money was amazing I would rather have my health and mobility. It was probably very frustrating on the side lines feeling like a failure.

Bit over dramatic! He'll have no issues with health and mobility, he just couldn't stand up to top level sport. Plenty of ex footballers who retire from injuries are still fit enough to play masters leagues and so on.

If he was that frustrated he could have left at any time and done something else.

If he'd gotten injured on the job then fair enough, but that wasn't the case. He arrived crocked, whatever problems he had were present the day he signed the contract.

If he arrived crocked, then blame Rovers for the medical, thats why they have them!!

All players are covered by insurance for injury etc covering both wages and purchase price so i doubt he'll have cost us a thing.

true,

A lot of people don't seem to realise this, although his transfer fee was prob money down the plug hole, but that's a risk you take with any deal and it is a shame because the player he was prior to his arrival here and his injuries is exactly the kind of player we have been missing for about 5 years and counting(energetic box to box midfielder with decent passing ability)

Archived