BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS LIVE ON YOUTUBE- Legal

-----------------------Forster

-------Johnson---Cahill---Jones---Cole

Lennon---Scholes---Wilshere---Carrick---Downing

----------------------Sturridge

Would be my team in Brazil if you qualify.

Rest of squad - Hart, Foster, Richards, Lescott, Jagielka, Baines, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Parker, Lampard, Gerrard, Walcott, Rooney..

Well at the moment players like Downing and Lennon are there because of their form in recent weeks/months. Downing's much better on the left as well when he gets to cross or get to the byline, as opposed to just cutting inside and shooting. It's a tournament so I'm not gonna start Rooney. Plus I'm a fan of Sturridge anyway. Scholes is far too good not to be in the team, I would beg him to come back.

Jones at CB over Jagielka because he's a future England captain imo. Carrick definitely in the starting 11 as he's one of your best players at retaining possession. Oxlade-C in the squad because he has the potential to be top quality as oppose to a Milner or Young who will never be imo.

Hart on the bench because he makes too many mistakes. Seen his one last night, shocking, but did the same against Soton not too long ago. He does s##t like that all time, sketchy goalkeeper imo, just like Reina.

Was never really a fan of Glen Johnson but has gotten better defensively recently so in the team ahead of Richards who won't be getting a game for his club, therefore shouldn't be in the team.

Mm, in that case I think we'll stick with Roy Hodgson. Don't give up the day job matey.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mm, in that case I think we'll stick with Roy Hodgson. Don't give up the day job matey.

I just assumed because of the use of "you" and "your" that it's a wind up. The players on the bench make a better team that the starting XI. Downing and Scholes? Has to be a wind up. :)

I'm Scottish which explains the "you" and "your". Scholes is imo, along with Cole, your only disputably world-class player. Lampard is for Chelsea but not really England. Although I suspect he would have been if Gerrard wasn't on the pitch at the same time.

Downing has been playing well recently which is why I'd have him in atm. He's also a left winger played on the right, same as Duff at Fulham. It makes them a lot more ineffective as he's a natural winger, as opposed to an Ashley Young or someone. He obviously a big confidence player as well.

I like to include players on form, as opposed to the fact they play for Man United.

I suspect not many of you will agree with my team, as a lot of England fans buy into the media bullshit of Joe "best keeper in the world" Hart. and Wayne "One of the world's best players" Rooney etc etc.

I'm Scottish which explains the "you" and "your". Scholes is imo, along with Cole, your only disputably world-class player. Lampard is for Chelsea but not really England. Although I suspect he would have been if Gerrard wasn't on the pitch at the same time.

Downing has been playing well recently which is why I'd have him in atm. He's also a left winger played on the right, same as Duff at Fulham. It makes them a lot more ineffective as he's a natural winger, as opposed to an Ashley Young or someone. He obviously a big confidence player as well.

I like to include players on form, as opposed to the fact they play for Man United.

I suspect not many of you will agree with my team, as a lot of England fans buy into the media bullshit of Joe "best keeper in the world" Hart. and Wayne "One of the world's best players" Rooney etc etc.

You talk about players in form yet drop Rooney and Walcott! And Downing has only been in form for about 2 months out of the last 2 seasons.

Scholes was world class. He's barely played this season. I doubt he'll even be playing in 2014. If Alex Ferguson prefers Cleverley that's good enough for me.

Hart isn't the best keep in the world but he's miles better than Forster, who was shown up against Juventus. Pretty sure I could play in goal for Celtic in the SPL and look half decent.

Downing is incredibly average. Even Liverpool fans wouldn't be suggesting he starts. He also played on the right for Villa btw, so why put him on the left?

Rooney has scored in his last five England games. Walcott is coming of age and scoring a lot more than he used to. Two of best English performers in the PL, they have to play.

Hart

Johnson Cahill ________ Cole

Cleverley Gerrard Wilshere

Walcott Rooney ________

Not sure about the two gaps there. Maybe Smalling or Jones if one of those has cemented a position there for Man Utd by the time Brazil comes round. Or Dawson if he's over his injuries. Maybe Sturridge on the left, or Chamberlain / Zaha / Sterling depending on how regularly they are playing for their club next season.

• Backroom

Hart isn't the best keep in the world but he's miles better than Forster, who was shown up against Juventus. Pretty sure I could play in goal for Celtic in the SPL and look half decent.

Sorry LeChuck, just had to correct that for you ;)

I don't think many people buy into Joe Hart being the most amazing goalkeeper ever (and I don't even think that's how the media portray him) but Forster is a far inferior alternative. Hart's the best we've got by some distance.

Hah yeah that probably is more factual.

I think it says something that City and Mancini with all that money are happy to have him as number one. They could easily buy a replacement if they wanted.

Also, with a lack of natural leaders in central defence at moment, his personality and vocal nature shouldn't be underestimated. He seems like a positive influence on the team.

Having said that... His form hasn't been the greatest this year so a strong season by Butland, Foster or Ruddy could see his position challenged.

I think Ukraine and Poland represent potential banana peels for England, Ukraine defeated England in 2009 in a World Cup qualifier, maybe England were already winning that group big though, already qualified perhaps. I also saw that in 2011, England drew Montenegro 2-2. So, teams to watch out for. I hope England can win the group straight out.

I read in a paper today that England could potentially miss out on the playoffs even if they finish 2nd because; only 8 of the 9 runners up get into the playoffs, but you can't do a simple points tally as some groups have less countries than others, therefore the points taken off the team who finished bottom don't count, and as apparently England have only beaten Andorra and San Marino, they could potentially miss out.

But then I read that 3 of their 4 games are at Wembley so I'm sure they'll be fine.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we didn't qualify. In fact it might be a good thing if we didn't. At least the people in charge might wake up to the fact we are nowhere near as good as the papers and Sky Sports would have us think we are and we might start dong something about it. Like Spain realised 20 years ago, and look and at them now.

Either that or they will just sack the manager, hire the next flavour of the month and carry on regardless, meaning we don't win another World Cup until the next time we manage to actually bribe the officials enough to be able to host the tournament. (Allegedly ;) )

I read in a paper today that England could potentially miss out on the playoffs even if they finish 2nd because; only 8 of the 9 runners up get into the playoffs, but you can't do a simple points tally as some groups have less countries than others, therefore the points taken off the team who finished bottom don't count, and as apparently England have only beaten Andorra and San Marino, they could potentially miss out.

But then I read that 3 of their 4 games are at Wembley so I'm sure they'll be fine.

Right, England beat Moldova, I wonder if the mega-minnows like Andorra and San Marino have ever been in the same group, I say No because I don't believe San Marino have been playing in international competitions for very long.

But you are correct, England has defeated San Marino 2 times, Moldova 1 time. So, yes, SM is bottom man on the totem pole.

http://int.soccerway.com/international/europe/wc-qualifying-europe/2014-brazil/1st-round/

All of the groups showed here, Finland drew Spain, Finland is currently last in that group I but the Fins have only played 3 games, must be because of winter or something. They have 2 draws and a loss.

Montenegro won 1-0 at Ukraine, that's the apparent difference now.

The old Yugoslavian teams were pretty darn good and I think Yugoslavia might have even won one of the early Euros, No, they were runners up 2 times in the early '60s http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_European_Football_Championship . A small nation, Montenegro but a lot of those teams, Croatia of course, Slovenia, Serbia, Bosnia, there is a lot of good football over there let alone Macedonia and Montenegro too.

Montenegro, seems I read they had 4 straight clean sheets before England.

He's making a mockery of the conspiracy theories and showing himself to be just not that good and possibly the most one footed players I've ever seen

Classy control though

Or he's just ridiculously out of shape by now due to unfairly never being played.

http://int.soccerway.com/international/europe/wc-qualifying-europe/2014-brazil/1st-round/group-f/

It's amazing that Russia with Fabio Capello is doing very very well. Per that group F, I've watched this for some time and Portugal seems to often have a tight squeeze in the group stagge but is victorious in the playoffs and I suspect that can and will happen again. Really like to see Portugal go to the World Cup in Brazil. The playoffs of second place teams, whomever makes it will be tough and France likely will be in it too, since Spain probably win their group.

Archived