BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Understanding Uefa Financial Fair Play

What I don't understand is the paradox that the entire football pyramid will be shackled with this wages v turnover ratio yet the PL teams have a massively overinflated income thanks to obscene TV money.

What I don't understand is the paradox that the entire football pyramid will be shackled with this wages v turnover ratio yet the PL teams have a massively overinflated income thanks to obscene TV money.

Man City will be sponsoring their bogs soon, just to generate extra spending power.

Aye you did read it as I remember that one as well. Something about restrciting earnings which isn't allowed under EU law.

(In theory) They are restricting earnings to what a club can afford and avoiding clubs going into toxic debt. The only legal challenge I would have thought would be if players were forced to take paycuts as a result. Otherwise it's up to them whether or not they want to sign up to the terms of a contract.

There are plenty of reasons to be against FFP. Bloating wages of players already earning bazillions is not.

(In theory) They are restricting earnings to what a club can afford and avoiding clubs going into toxic debt. The only legal challenge I would have thought would be if players were forced to take paycuts as a result. Otherwise it's up to them whether or not they want to sign up to the terms of a contract.

There are plenty of reasons to be against FFP. Bloating wages of players already earning bazillions is not.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/uefas-financial-fair-play-rules-face-test-from-the-bosman-lawyer-8605315.html

It would appear that he feels it will restrict agents incomes and clubs will not be able to challenge the big ones if a rich person buys them.

I wish the majority of agents would go the way of the Dodo.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/uefas-financial-fair-play-rules-face-test-from-the-bosman-lawyer-8605315.html

It would appear that he feels it will restrict agents incomes and clubs will not be able to challenge the big ones if a rich person buys them.

I wish the majority of agents would go the way of the Dodo.

Too bloody true.

Poor old agents. : rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to put this in here.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2013/06/11/revealed-man-city-rise-to-top-of-global-pay-charts-dodgers-soar-to-challenge-110601/

Number 127 in Global Pay Charts. Way to go Venkys!

Having said that I suppose it is about average really - just didn't expect us to be that high globally.

I'm going to put this in here.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2013/06/11/revealed-man-city-rise-to-top-of-global-pay-charts-dodgers-soar-to-challenge-110601/

Number 127 in Global Pay Charts. Way to go Venkys!

Having said that I suppose it is about average really - just didn't expect us to be that high globally.

Who would have thought men playing netball and rounders could earn that much obviously they were crap at football at school and got sent to play with the girls

They play that American rugby thing but throw the ball forwards and wear crash helmets.

Oh yeah I remember, don't they have a part-time celebrity fan from Blackburn ?

Or have I got the wrong outfit, maybe its' the cowboys or something, can't keep up with those yanks moving to

different cities and all that carry-on.

FFP is a total farce dreamt up by monkeys on a typewriter.

Just stop all TV money and let football level itself out again ;)

But it won't. It's not been a level playing field since the early 60's.... just a procession of the usual suspects.

Archived