BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Well done to Australia, thoroughly deserved to regain the Ashes. We have had an absolute shocker. Good to see Stokes show some fight and get a superb 120, the rest need to have a good long hard look at themselves.

We need to regroup and start planning to regain the ashes in 15 months.

It always surprises me that certain people who were born and bred in this country, taking such pleasure when England does badly. I would understand if we lost against a team that they supported, but to take such pleasure when we lost against a country to which that person has no affinity to does surprise me.

Edited by Kamy100

• Backroom

Well said Kamy on all points

Guess who tweeted .. Now go 5-0 kean useless inbred t@@ts

###########%#%%#%%

Well done Aussies ( gritted teeth)

Unbelievable Abbey what an absolute prick

Inbred? FFS he can find somewhere else to post

Edited by Tom M

Tell me what you really think, Kamy.

Where have I taken "such pleasure when England does badly"?

That I have been in Australia for the best part of my life, that my kids were born here, that an upcoming grand child is about to be born here (and that my daughter chose to have her child born here whilst living overseas).

Don't you dare tell me that I haven't an affinity with this country. I've probably spent more of my life in Australia than you have in England.

This is my home, just as (most probably) your parents made England their home.

You should look closer to home, Kamy.

Just check out the crowds when India or Pakistan play in England, see where a good size of the crowd lend their support.

That I have been in Australia for the best part of my life, that my kids were born here, that an upcoming grand child is about to be born here (and that my daughter chose to have her child born here whilst living overseas).

Don't you dare tell me that I haven't an affinity with this country. I've probably spent more of my life in Australia than you have in England.

Just check out the crowds when India or Pakistan play in England, see where a good size of the crowd lend their support.

My comment was aimed at you Dave, it was aimed at people like the one that Abbey quoted.

I am sure that you have a very strong affinity with Australia, as you say you have spent the best part of your life in the country. My comment was aimed at people who are born, bred and live in this country. I can fully understand people of Indian and Pakistani heritage wanting to support those countries because they are proud of their heritage. But what I cannot understand is why the would take great pleasure in England doing badly against a team that they don't have any real affinity too, that was the point I was getting at.

He's a Kiwi, is he? Playing for England?

Stokes moved to England aged 12. Presumably he had the choice to play for New Zealand but he wants to play for England. Well done to him.

Stokes gone for 120 clapped of by the Australian players , good to see that , particularly with England's lack of sportsmanship.

Lyon with the wicket, very underrated bowler in my opinion.

Good to see Stokes come good. England clap sporting players. You never have a good word to say about England. Now admit you're a convict.

My comment was aimed at you Dave, it was aimed at people like the one that Abbey quoted.

I am sure that you have a very strong affinity with Australia, as you say you have spent the best part of your life in the country. My comment was aimed at people who are born, bred and live in this country. I can fully understand people of Indian and Pakistani heritage wanting to support those countries because they are proud of their heritage. But what I cannot understand is why the would take great pleasure in England doing badly against a team that they don't have any real affinity too, that was the point I was getting at.

Kamy, I don't have a link to Abbeys post, as it come up looking like a "banned" word.

I do assume that you meant "wasn't aimed", and if so, I apologise for being so forthright.

As I've been the target of some "sledging" over this matter you might realise I've become a little sensitive, and was somewhat surprised with your comments.

Anyway, apologies.

ps but I do reserve the right to have big shots at those that have a go at me.

Well done to Australia, thoroughly deserved to regain the Ashes. We have had an absolute shocker. Good to see Stokes show some fight and get a superb 120, the rest need to have a good long hard look at themselves.

We need to regroup and start planning to regain the ashes in 15 months.

It always surprises me that certain people who were born and bred in this country, taking such pleasure when England does badly. supporting other countries. I would understand if we lost against a team that they supported, but to take such pleasure when we lost against a country to which that person has no affinity to does surprise me.

This is what you should have written Kamy. To me it is unforgiveable.

True though.

100 for the Kiwi Stokes applauded rightly by the Australian players, unlike the English players for the 3 Aussie centuries during this test.

All those players have made their home in England and have done for many years. Colin Cowdrey was born in India or would you have expected him to play for India too ?

See what I mean, Kamy.

Unlike thenodrog I haven't thrown the Lord Haw-Haw jibe at you for some time but the cap does fit in your case.

Kamy, I don't have a link to Abbeys post, as it come up looking like a "banned" word.

I do assume that you meant "wasn't aimed", and if so, I apologise for being so forthright.

As I've been the target of some "sledging" over this matter you might realise I've become a little sensitive, and was somewhat surprised with your comments.

Anyway, apologies.

ps but I do reserve the right to have big shots at those that have a go at me.

Thanks Dave.

• Backroom

Jim could you clear something up for me? You seem to dislike that Dave moved to Aus and supports them but applaud the fact Stokes moved from NZ but chose to represent England

What's the difference as to why one is bad and one is good? Is it the age of the move?

Edited by Tom M

An Englishman who supports Australia. Take all sorts but I guess some people have no morals or principles.

Anyway back to the cricket. I hope this acts as a wake-up call for the England set-up which looks to be in need of a shake-up. Cook says all the right things but to me sounds like a manager rather than a leader on the field of play. I cannot imagine him dishing out bollockings in the dressing room because some are certainly needed.

Jim could you clear something up for me? You seem to dislike that Dave moved to Aus and supports them but applaud the fact Stokes moved from NZ but chose to represent England

What's the difference as to why one is bad and one is good? Is it the age of the move?

It's about knowing your roots and your heritage and where you come from, and the betrayal of that identity. As I've said before I know Aussies over here who because they have lived in this country for many years support England in all sports except when England are playing Australia - which is the way it should be.

It's different for players - it's a job of work. I've no problem with the many overseas-born players who have represented England down the years because they have made their homes and lives here. If they were using England as a flag of convenience then it would be different.

See what I mean, Kamy, Tom M.

And then all you get is pathetic responses like this.

Stokes gone for 120 clapped of by the Australian players , good to see that , particularly with England's lack of sportsmanship.

Hey! Thats the first time that anybody has seen the words 'Australian' and 'sportsmanship' in the same sentence since WG Grace first picked up a bat.

Guess who tweeted .. Now go 5-0 kean useless inbred t@@ts

###########%#%%#%%

Who?

How long do you think tyhe likes of Geoffrey Boycott and Ian Botham would have to live in Australia before they became a turncoat like you Dave? In fact apply the reverse criteria to Shane Warne I think hell would freeze over first!

Nothing like biting the hand that fed you eh?

Edited by thenodrog

It's about knowing your roots and your heritage and where you come from, and the betrayal of that identity. As I've said before I know Aussies over here who because they have lived in this country for many years support England in all sports except when England are playing Australia - which is the way it should be.

Don't be so bloody grumpy Jim. I bet you know quite a few 'Blackburners' who supported BRFC as kids in the 60's but switched their undying allegiance to MU or Liverpool later in life. Well Dave's only the same as them isn't he.

Edited by thenodrog