BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A villain's guide to football

Whereas articles placed in the New York Times and the Financial Times of India and elsewhere named some names but went easy on what might or might not have gone on, the Economist have taken the opposite approach and written a villain's guide to football which explains what happens but doesn't name any English club names.

http://www.economist.com/news/international/21581724-football-clubs-can-easily-be-used-stealing-machines-here-instruction-manual

It is a moot point as to how much of this could be based on goings on at Ewood. Perhaps it is best approached from the standpoint of what has never been mentioned in the context of the last three years:

I can categorically say that Arkan and dead Bulgarian club owners have not been linked with Blackburn Rovers.

• Backroom

more rumours Philipl by you!

guess you have no evidence of what you think might have gone on?

I don't think any of this has happened in English Football. just my view.

I'm pretty sure Philip didnt write this and as it stands seeing the demolition of our club things like this are very relevant even if this hasn't gone on here

Guest Norbert

Whereas articles placed in the New York Times and the Financial Times of India and elsewhere named some names but went easy on what might or might not have gone on, the Economist have taken the opposite approach and written a villain's guide to football which explains what happens but doesn't name any English club names.

http://www.economist.com/news/international/21581724-football-clubs-can-easily-be-used-stealing-machines-here-instruction-manual

It is a moot point as to how much of this could be based on goings on at Ewood. Perhaps it is best approached from the standpoint of what has never been mentioned in the context of the last three years:

I can categorically say that Arkan and dead Bulgarian club owners have not been linked with Blackburn Rovers.

Arkan has been dead for years, and was a big mate of Sinsa Michialovic (that Serbian left back/central defender that played in Italy).

There are just too many similarities with this article, the Bryan Robson docu about buying a club and all the things that have happened under Venkys. Some of it must point our way surely.

Yeah. As we all know we've been done over big time, I guess Venkys probably more than most.

It changes nothing, time to move on I suspect and get behind where we are now rather than continually harp on about the past and what might have been. But never forgotten!!

Archived