BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Beware of Jack the treacle eater! Away day at Yeovil - December 21st

Prejudice against people trying tricks they can't pull off, instead of passing to someone in space to score. Not prejudice as much as common sense.

No prejudice against a brilliant talent that you just can't see. Passing to Lowe would have resulted in a goal kick.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was only Yeovil Tom ! yet the stark fact remains that other than Jordan Rhodes we have no one else to support Jordan in putting the ball into the back of the net on a regular basis.

If you found a fiver you would be on here complaining that it was not a £50 note.

• Backroom

No doubt, but when you've only got one person in your team who can find the net on a consistent basis it's difficult. We're a very workmanlike team and I don't think that'll change any time soon - and truth be told I wouldn't want it to either. The way we set up is pretty much spot on for the group of players currently at our disposal.

No prejudice against a brilliant talent that you just can't see. Passing to Lowe would have resulted in a goal kick.

Oh dear, do you think you might be being slightly dramatic?!

I support rochina as I do every player. I see his talent - his close control is brilliant. My comment was that in that one move he had Taylor (not lowe) unmarked to his right and had a better chance of scoring.

Rochina just needs to tweak his end product and get fit and he would be really good.

No doubt, but when you've only got one person in your team who can find the net on a consistent basis it's difficult. We're a very workmanlike team and I don't think that'll change any time soon - and truth be told I wouldn't want it to either. The way we set up is pretty much spot on for the group of players currently at our disposal.

You're right to a point but January's the crux IMO. Do we retain Rhodes, sign Cairney, offload the remaining parasites, Evans comes back chomping at the bit and the team generally gels?

I'd rather look at things as half full and think we'll be well in the mix in May.

You're right to a point but January's the crux IMO. Do we retain Rhodes, sign Cairney, offload the remaining parasites, Evans comes back chomping at the bit and the team generally gels?

I'd rather look at things as half full and think we'll be well in the mix in May.

in the mix or in the kean

I support rochina as I do every player. I see his talent - his close control is brilliant. My comment was that in that one move he had Taylor (not lowe) unmarked to his right and had a better chance of scoring.

Rochina just needs to tweak his end product and get fit and he would be really good.

...............................................................................................

Exactly the same charge could be levelled at Josh KING (that better?). If those two ever get it right they'll be absolutely devastating......for some other club.

• Backroom

Retaining Rhodes is an absolute must imo. Lose him and we won't get anywhere near the playoffs - I very much doubt any money received for him will be put back into the team and even if it was I can't see us signing the replacements necessary to compensate for losing a 25-30 goal a season rarely-injured striker.

We really don't need to do an awful lot. If we need to strengthen anywhere it's on the flanks, both defensively and in midfield. Evans, Cairney, Dunn, Williamson and Rochina are certainly enough to give us excellent midfield options (though I expect Rochina to leave in Jan). We also have Lowe to play in the centre so that area is pretty much sorted. Could do with another striker if Best and/or DJ depart as a Rhodes injury could cripple us otherwise.

We can make do with what we've got but a couple of injuries to key players would make the last half of the season very, very difficult.

We will have to agree to differ on this one. I would not advocate passing out to the wing when a decent shot on goal is possible.

We will have to agree to differ on this one. I would not advocate passing out to the wing when a decent shot on goal is possible.

I dont think you can have seen it Al. There were 3 players better positioned. Taylor was in space on the back post not on the touchline. Also JR had an open goal with just the keeper to beat if he received a simple short through ball and with an easy square pass Lowe would have had a shot on goal.

Having said that his effort was brilliant, instinctive and very memorable, and it would have been goal of the season if a little lower and to one side of the keeper.

I dont think you can have seen it Al. There were 3 players better positioned. Taylor was in space on the back post not on the touchline. Also JR had an open goal with just the keeper to beat if he received a simple short through ball and with an easy square pass Lowe would have had a shot on goal.

Having said that his effort was brilliant, instinctive and very memorable, and it would have been goal of the season if a little lower and to one side of the keeper.

You made me doubt myself there Gordon so I had another look at the shot. There is a defender blocking an attempt to pass to Rhodes and Taylor is short of the penalty area, not on the post and quite wide. We all know what would have happened if he had passed back to Lowe. Rochina had a chance of a shot on goal and took it. Correct decision. The only thing is question is whether he could have taken it on his other foot.

...............................................................................................

Exactly the same charge could be levelled at Josh KING (that better?). If those two ever get it right they'll be absolutely devastating......for some other club.

I think you'll find people saying the same about these players since a very early age, that's why they play in the championship instead of the very top. You will see this on every level, decision making is very hard to teach.

Archived