BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FIFPRO to challenge the transfer system

Majiball

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the plus side, turkey's have just voted for Christmas, or have the just killed the golden goose?

Wages will have to come down now, surely?

Majiball's no longer funny flip.

It was a bit if a throwaway comment, Maj.

Gordon has been talking for years about the death of transfer fees.

To be honest I thought you were referring to someone called gordon in the article, so figured I'd flip it. It's no longer funny.

Why would wages go down? No fees surely means more money available for wages for the poor poor harshly treated people.

This is a players union, they couldn't give one crap about the clubs as otherwise they'd be throwing in the crazy salaries their members enjoy.

Can you imagine doing this? Agents will have so much power. Double my pay or I'll give you one months notice and leave. Remember you're in second place, my lad scores all your goals and you haven't a chance of winning the league without him. It's too open to abuse.

Don't think this would be good for football at all. Smaller clubs would die, they rely on bringing through their own players and then selling them on.

Where's the incentive of developing your own players if they then just hand in their notice.

Can see it having legs though. In any other industry if you dont want to work for that employer then you can resign and work out your notice. Footballers are workers as well so why cant they just resign and work out a notice period?

On the plus side, turkey's have just voted for Christmas, or have the just killed the golden goose?

Wages will have to come down now, surely?

It was a bit if a throwaway comment, Maj.

Gordon has been talking for years about the death of transfer fees.

Wages will come down?! They will rocket! No transfer fee to pay so they'll expect huge salaries.

Guest Norbert

In simple terms, we, along with the other teams alongside, and below us will become amateur and semi-pro feeder clubs for the Champions League elite and those backed by the Arabs/Russians/government. Wages will go even more mental and out of touch with the supporters, and the clubs will become solid gold Vuvuzelas for the super rich to grand stand.

Maybe future academies will be privately owned and not necessarily aligned to clubs ?

Future scenario : -

Johnny Fartpants 17 year old prospect at the ' Adidas Academy '

signs on at Man Utd for a ' finders fee ' of £3m.

Young Farty will also pay 5% of his wages to the academy for the rest of his career, as per his contract.

Forgot to mention all the tax fiddles, readily available.

Wages will come down?! They will rocket! No transfer fee to pay so they'll expect huge salaries.

With no transfer fees there is a lot less money in the pot. Plus why would clubs pay top dollar when the player could walk away tomorrow?

I'm assuming they won't be able to claim lost earnings when they do leave.

Footballers shouldn't be classed as employees, they are contractors. Some poor @#/?s are forced into zero hour contracts and footballers (some of whom deserve zero hour contracts) want more money and more rights!

Sounds like a reasonable idea. The whole concept of a transfer fee is ridiculous, when you think about it.

Gareth Bale was probably on a contract worth, say, £15m at Spurs. He gave plenty of notice that he wanted to leave to go to Real, but Spurs effectively held him for ransom until Real coughed up £86m. In what strange parallel universe is that even remotely fair?

With no transfer fees there is a lot less money in the pot. Plus why would clubs pay top dollar when the player could walk away tomorrow?

I'm assuming they won't be able to claim lost earnings when they do leave.

Footballers shouldn't be classed as employees, they are contractors. Some poor keans are forced into zero hour contracts and footballers (some of whom deserve zero hour contracts) want more money and more rights!

don't understand what you mean there, transfers can only be paid with money clubs have. transfers in themselves do not generate any money, the money comes from TV and gate receipts.

With no transfer fees the clubs, especially the big ones would probably pay higher wages, hence the need for a cap,

preferably a Blue and White bonnet with Blackburn Rovers onit, so we can all go to heaven when we die

don't understand what you mean there, transfers can only be paid with money clubs have. transfers in themselves do not generate any money, the money comes from TV and gate receipts.

With no transfer fees the clubs, especially the big ones would probably pay higher wages, hence the need for a cap,

I don't understand what you mean either. Did Tottenham not make £86m from Real Madrid?

Trouble is the greedy in society don't like caps on their earnings, the more they have, the more they want !

And they'll take it to the courts and win,their agents will always push for more, and more.

Football is or has become the national game in most countries these days,only if governments get together and force

restrictions, will it happen.

FIFA,UEFA,FA can't, even if the had a mind to.

imagine this scenario: An entire squad or close to want so leave - midseason - because they do not like the manager, the fans the in-house enviroment, the weather or what ever.

If you sign a contract, then there is no doubt in my mind, that you should fulfill your obligations. Giving players this luxury, would create a huge chaos.

This will leave the clubs in dissaray and creating stability would be close to impossible.

If you sign a contract, then there is no doubt in my mind, that you should fulfill your obligations.

Absolutely. Unless you can negotiate an amended contract but both parties have to agree to change it.

Footballers and their agents want to have their cake and eat it too.

Archived