BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tim Sherwood new Spurs manager. Will he do a good job?

I don't know why you keep banging on about it Jim. I've already told you that you are obviously correct. Levy is clearly an absolutely useless administrator a Spurs. His time at the club has resulted in massive financial losses and relegation. Oh no, wait that's us.

You could pick out examples of bad buys/sales at every club so why is it that Levy has a reputation as being a tough nut to crack when transfers are being discussed? It's because time and again he makes a killing when selling players and keeps the club on the up - in a league where real mistakes are VERY costly, as we have seen first hand.

They spent the £85m from Bale in a hurry due to the timing but ultimately he backed his manager with funds (we have no idea of how they are financed) rather than simply take the cash but you sit behind your keyboard and say that an established chairman at a PL league football club for the last 12 years, consistently keeping them in the top half places of the richest league in the world, despite turning over players has no business acumen? Oh dear.

Oh dear...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear...

I'm not surprised you disagree with me. You usually do. Thankfully I have as much respect for your opinion as you do for mine.

I wonder who's doing the best at this moment in time though, Jim and his football club, or Levy and his.

I don't even like Levy particularly but to call his credentials as a businessman into question is complete bunkum.

I don't know why you keep banging on about it Jim. I've already told you that you are obviously correct. Levy is clearly an absolutely useless administrator a Spurs. His time at the club has resulted in massive financial losses and relegation. Oh no, wait that's us.

So because Levy hasn't got Spurs in financial meltdown, he's a prudent administrator? Spurs are a capital-based club with a massive fanbase and belong to Deloitte's financial elite. What do they have to show for it in the last 20 years? Two league cup trophies and a brief dalliance in the Champions League? Our modest trophy cabinet is more impressive than that. Levy might be adept at balancing the books and a shrewd negotiator (oysh!) but his lack of direction has turned Spurs into one of the biggest underachievers in the game. He goes through managers & players like nobody's business and lets his irrepressible ego drive a wedge between any stability and success the club might have.

But that's such a silly argument. So because Levy hasn't got Spurs in financial meltdown, he's a prudent administrator?

Well he's been doing it for 12 years and they've not ousted him yet. So he's doing something right.

By the way, it's daytime outside. I await Jim to come along and tell me it's night...

Lewis is the owner of Spurs and the money man behind Spurs NOT Levy. Levy is just the Chairman of the club.

Correct. Lewis is very wealthy and operates from the Bahamas to evade tax in this country (which makes him a loathsome in my book) and formed Enic some years ago as a vehicle in which to gain control of Spurs. Levy is just his lackey who does his dirty work here.

They've spent 600 million and barely achieved anything

The money they recouped back has mostly been wasted

Imagine if Arsenal had spent that much? Multiple Champions League winners I'd imagine

Or Everton, or Villa, or us under Hughes? Regular fixtures in the top 4 in all likelehood

Levy has a reputation for extracting the most of out of buying clubs but then blows it on poor purchases and payoffs for manager who he sacks on a regular basis. I'm surprised Lewis tolerates him but then they do share a certain heritage and Levy is regarded as a "prudent administrator" with "business acumen" - at least according to the resident experts.

• 2 weeks later...

Part of me would love to see a massive player revolt next season so he can get a taste of his own medicine.

I see you are a man of my ilk Norbert. I think I was the one at Grimsby who roundly booed Chris Price on his return to the club. Likewise I would have told Lucas Neill to @#/? right off when he asked to use our training facilities last week.

Archived