BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tim Sherwood new Spurs manager. Will he do a good job?

At the end of the day, and after Sherwood gets potted in the summer Spurs will still go down as a club that's won f'all in in recent memory regardless of what idiots they find to overspend on their latest player in short lived good form

If people want to admire chairmen that win jack sh1t then go ahead LOL

it only strengthens the shcool of thought that cash has now become a priority of the fans as well as the chairman in the overhyped premierleague era

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£100m spent this summer and nothing to show for it except another sacked manager, but that's "business acumen" for you.

The players bought are top class players and need a little time to settle.

If he can get them playing for him, Spurs will be close to a top 4 place this season.

Excuse moi? John Williams says hi!

Bentley: Bought for 500k, sold for 17m....to spurs ;)

Of course Williams is a top class operator but Levy has consistently got players cheaply and sold at a premium price and maintained a high position for Spurs.

At the end of the day, and after Sherwood gets potted in the summer Spurs will still go down as a club that's won f'all in in recent memory regardless of what idiots they find to overspend on their latest player in short lived good form

If people want to admire chairmen that win jack sh1t then go ahead LOL

it only strengthens the shcool of thought that cash has now become a priority of the fans as well as the chairman in the overhyped premierleague era

Did they not win a trophy under Ramos?

I am led to believe he was the unrest in our dressing room leading to the departure of Woy when he was manager, i fully expect him to last no longer than the end of the season.

You are spot on there. His agent was Eric Hall who promised to double his salary, if he forced his move to Spurs. We had him on a long contract and Roy Hodgson dug his heals in and refused him the move. Sherwood turned half of the dressing room against Hodgson, got his move anyway and earned Roy the sack.

In my opinion Hodgson, was one of the best managers we ever had at Ewood and I will never forget the great football he had us playing at times. One game especially that sticks in the memory was the live Sky Game, August bank holiday in 1997 when we hammered Sheffield Wednesday 7-2. Even earlier that season we won 4-0 away at Villa with a Sutton Hat Trick being the highlight.

What goes around comes around and I can see Sherwood struggling with the huge egos and lack of respect that players have for the club that pays their wages. I don't wish him any ill, but I can only see him failing!

You are spot on there. His agent was Eric Hall who promised to double his salary, if he forced his move to Spurs. We had him on a long contract and Roy Hodgson dug his heals in and refused him the move. Sherwood turned half of the dressing room against Hodgson, got his move anyway and earned Roy the sack.

In my opinion Hodgson, was one of the best managers we ever had at Ewood and I will never forget the great football he had us playing at times. One game especially that sticks in the memory was the live Sky Game, August bank holiday in 1997 when we hammered Sheffield Wednesday 7-2. Even earlier that season we won 4-0 away at Villa with a Sutton Hat Trick being the highlight.

What goes around comes around and I can see Sherwood struggling with the huge egos and lack of respect that players have for the club that pays their wages. I don't wish him any ill, but I can only see him failing!

With you on Hodgson. He never stood a chance at Rovers with all that unrest in the dressing room. A good manager none the less.

With you on Hodgson. He never stood a chance at Rovers with all that unrest in the dressing room. A good manager none the less.

Spending £17m on Kevin Davies, Christian Dailly & Nathan Blake might have had something to do with it, too.

No time for either Sherwood or Spurs both are a set of arrogant wasters who deserve one another when we won the league cup in Cardiff my hotel was full of Spurs fans arranging their victory celebration for after the match most of them checked out telling me Rovers were lucky and only a big team like Spurs should win a major cup competition.

The best negotiator in the business.

A few examples:

Berbatov, cost £11 million, sold for £30 million.

Bale, cost £7 million, sold for £80 million.

Carrick, cost £3.5 million, sold for £14-18 million.

The list would go on, yes he has made mistakes as a Chairman but Spurs have always been competitive in the top 6.

I hate the club but cant help but admire the bloke.

Sold Jermain Defoe to Portsmouth for 7 mil, bought him back the next season for 15

Sold Peter Crouch for 40 grand to QPR, bought him back years later for 9 million

Bought Pascal Chimbonda on three separate occasions despite him being a pathetic excuse for a footballer, bar one season at Wigan

Sold Younes Kaboul to Portsmouth then bought him back for more than they sold him for (I think)

They were gonna sell Bale years ago but Assou-Ekotto got injured and they needed him as cover

Spent an absolute fortune on players who they didn't really need at the time like Bentley, Pienaar, Kranjcar and numerous others

Spurs have sent 600 million since 1992 and have two top four finishes and two League Cups to show for it, they're an absolute joke of a club and Levy is a big part of that

I'd be embarrassed if I was a Spurs fan when I would think of the money they've spent recently compared to what they've achieved

Then again, if I was a Spurs fan I'd probably be a delusional clown so maybe I wouldn't

They may have spent 600 million but how much have they recouped back?

http://transferleague.co.uk/

Over Pl history they are sixth squeezed between villa and Sunderland, slightly ahead of Fulham... Quite scary what these clubs have spent.

Caulkar was a youth team player and sold for 9 million. Modric cost 16 million and sold for 33 million. He has had a lot more success in the market than most

Sold Jermain Defoe to Portsmouth for 7 mil, bought him back the next season for 15

Sold Peter Crouch for 40 grand to QPR, bought him back years later for 9 million

Bought Pascal Chimbonda on three separate occasions despite him being a pathetic excuse for a footballer, bar one season at Wigan

Sold Younes Kaboul to Portsmouth then bought him back for more than they sold him for (I think)

They were gonna sell Bale years ago but Assou-Ekotto got injured and they needed him as cover

Spent an absolute fortune on players who they didn't really need at the time like Bentley, Pienaar, Kranjcar and numerous others

Spurs have sent 600 million since 1992 and have two top four finishes and two League Cups to show for it, they're an absolute joke of a club and Levy is a big part of that

I'd be embarrassed if I was a Spurs fan when I would think of the money they've spent recently compared to what they've achieved

Then again, if I was a Spurs fan I'd probably be a delusional clown so maybe I wouldn't

It's called "business acumen" according to Stuart. Which is why Spurs are so "successful".

It's called "business acumen" according to Stuart. Which is why Spurs are so "successful".

I don't know why you keep banging on about it Jim. I've already told you that you are obviously correct. Levy is clearly an absolutely useless administrator a Spurs. His time at the club has resulted in massive financial losses and relegation. Oh no, wait that's us.

You could pick out examples of bad buys/sales at every club so why is it that Levy has a reputation as being a tough nut to crack when transfers are being discussed? It's because time and again he makes a killing when selling players and keeps the club on the up - in a league where real mistakes are VERY costly, as we have seen first hand.

They spent the £85m from Bale in a hurry due to the timing but ultimately he backed his manager with funds (we have no idea of how they are financed) rather than simply take the cash but you sit behind your keyboard and say that an established chairman at a PL league football club for the last 12 years, consistently keeping them in the top half places of the richest league in the world, despite turning over players has no business acumen? Oh dear.

I stand to be corrected but isn't Joe Lewis the real financial clout behind Spurs? I read that all the transfers and fees have to be approved by him first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Lewis_(British_businessman)

I stand to be corrected but isn't Joe Lewis the real financial clout behind Spurs? I read that all the transfers and fees have to be approved by him first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Lewis_(British_businessman)

Lewis is the owner of Spurs and the money man behind Spurs NOT Levy. Levy is just the Chairman of the club.

Archived