BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tim Sherwood new Spurs manager. Will he do a good job?

Would he have done a good job for us? My thoughts are yes and yes. He is practical, and ambitious in an old fashioned English way. He has worked on his understanding of the game. He is refreshingly direct. I love his quote. "I listen to managers all the time talking about 'the project'. The project is you win games or you get sacked - end of story." Good luck Tim.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Levy seems to be Venkyesque sometimes in his managerial appointments. With the likes of Ramos and AVB flopping spectacularly I wouldn't trust him to get this one right. In fact their most successful manager of recent times was let go.

But it seems to work for him, Jim. He usually gets the price he wants for his players. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a sell on percentage for Bale.

Meanwhile he has his club in the top 6 every season occasionally busting the lip of the top 4 clubs. Reminds me of us under Hughes / Williams.

Not that I has any liking for the guy - as I don't know him - but it's difficult to question his business acumen in a sport which usually served as a money pit for the lesser-of-mind owners.

I'd be amazed if Sherwood lasts 12 months. The problem at Spurs is Levy, not the managers.

You may be correct but 'people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.' Are we in any position to criticise other club's directors? It's pretty cvertain that if Levy had bought BRFC 3 years ago we'd still be inthe Prem.

Hmm, Spurs have blown £100m including the Bale money since the summer. And they're still no better as a team. Where's the business acumen there ?

Meanwhile they go through managers at a rate of knots costing a fortune in compensation payments. Not much business acumen there either.

Ask Spurs fans if they see Levy's methods as "working".

Talks like a bit of a chav/wide boy but then again seems to know what he wants.

Knows the young players at Spurs well obviously so will be helpful.

I'm split to work out how he will get on though - expectations at Spuds are high so won't have too long to settle in.

Hmm, Spurs have blown £100m including the Bale money since the summer. And they're still no better as a team. Where's the business acumen there ?

Meanwhile they go through managers at a rate of knots costing a fortune in compensation payments. Not much business acumen there either.

Ask Spurs fans if they see Levy's methods as "working".

Spurs have spent the Bale money and perhaps should have done better, yes. But I won't be asking Spurs fans because of their likely delusion and bias. A bit like the way Newcastle fans are all the time and the sacking of the late, great Bobby Robson for finishing 5th.

Whichever way you look at it - unless you think that Spurs should be winning the league, they are in a very good position indeed. I wish we had their problems.

My thoughts are No. Out of his depth and doesn't even hold an Uefa Pro License to manage in the PL. Even Kean had that!

I think it's amazing that our fans are advocating the decision to sack an experienced manager on the back of a bad result and replace him with a backroom coach with zero managerial experience. :rock:

Sell your best player, target the top 4 as the 'bare minimum', sack your manager, appoint a novice.

Top work by Spuds.

Levy is a fool with a huge ego, pays top dollar for players most of whom end up worth very little. He always ends up falling out with his managers. Spurs will never get anywhere while he's there. Not that I care about them anyway - cannot stand them as a club or their supporters.

The best negotiator in the business.

A few examples:

Berbatov, cost £11 million, sold for £30 million.

Bale, cost £7 million, sold for £80 million.

Carrick, cost £3.5 million, sold for £14-18 million.

The list would go on, yes he has made mistakes as a Chairman but Spurs have always been competitive in the top 6.

I hate the club but cant help but admire the bloke.

• Backroom

The best negotiator in the business.

A few examples:

Berbatov, cost £11 million, sold for £30 million.

Bale, cost £7 million, sold for £80 million.

Carrick, cost £3.5 million, sold for £14-18 million.

The list would go on, yes he has made mistakes as a Chairman but Spurs have always been competitive in the top 6.

I hate the club but cant help but admire the bloke.

Excuse moi? John Williams says hi!

Bentley: Bought for 500k, sold for 17m....to spurs ;)

Archived