BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tim Sherwood new Spurs manager. Will he do a good job?

I see you are a man of my ilk Norbert. I think I was the one at Grimsby who roundly booed Chris Price on his return to the club. Likewise I would have told Lucas Neill to Kean right off when he asked to use our training facilities last week.

Haha...I can relate to all that. I remember my (non football fan )wife being genuinely mortified that Chris Price was allowed to represent Rovers at Wembley in the play off final, when Simon Garner was left out.

I do have an elephant's memory. I admit that I chanted "Sherwood, Sherwood, what's the score?" a little too loudly and for a little too long after the league cup final.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha...I can relate to all that. I remember my (non football fan )wife being genuinely mortified that Chris Price was allowed to represent Rovers at Wembley in the play off final, when Simon Garner was left out.

I do have an elephant's memory. I admit that I chanted "Sherwood, Sherwood, what's the score?" a little too loudly and for a little too long after the league cup final.

Also guilty...I to chanted that with great pleasure :)

Guest Norbert

I can't remember exactly what happened with Lucash. Wasn't he linked with Liverpool, claimed to want to play at a higher level................then went to West Ham?

That's why I had a level of respect for Christian Vieri. He openly said 'I'm going to team X because the contract is better.'

I can't remember exactly what happened with Lucash. Wasn't he linked with Liverpool, claimed to want to play at a higher level................then went to West Ham?

That's why I had a level of respect for Christian Vieri. He openly said 'I'm going to team X because the contract is better.'

Cant understand why all players cant be that honest. Its so much more refreshing

Guest Norbert

They're not that bright, and their agents eyeing up a percentage of the signing on fee tell them to say such hollow phrases as part of a spin campaign. Same reason why no politican ever says "Yeah, the changes we made to the education system/tax rates/sentencing guide lines didn't work out. We will do something different to change it."

No beef with Lucash. He made it clear he was going to let his contract run down, and he had every legal right to do so. In the end he turned down the chance of CL football for mega-bucks at West Ham. Again, his prerogative. Who can blame the guy for trying to maximize his income? Anyone of you would do the same.

Loyalty works both ways in football. I don't see anyone making a fuss when our younger players have their pro contracts torn up and they're potted to some lower-league side when they don't make the grade.

No beef with Lucash. He made it clear he was going to let his contract run down, and he had every legal right to do so. In the end he turned down the chance of CL football for mega-bucks at West Ham. Again, his prerogative. Who can blame the guy for trying to maximize his income? Anyone of you would do the same.

Loyalty works both ways in football. I don't see anyone making a fuss when our younger players have their pro contracts torn up and they're potted to some lower-league side when they don't make the grade.

Dont disagree, but thats not the point. If they admitted that then I'd think more of them. Its when they dress it up as playing at a higher level bla bla bla when we all know its about £££. It insults our intelligence as fans

Guest Norbert

If Liverpool got him, many of us would say 'fair enough'. Lucash didn't, he went to West Ham who were at the same level as us, if not worse. He may have actually turned down a move to Liverpool as well, though I may be wrong.

I see you are a man of my ilk Norbert. I think I was the one at Grimsby who roundly booed Chris Price on his return to the club. Likewise I would have told Lucas Neill to Kean right off when he asked to use our training facilities last week.

I wouldn't. I don't bear any grudges to a good player who moved on because another club offered to triple his remuneration. I would however charged him to use those facilities. 'Football IS a business.' Jack Walker.

Dont disagree, but thats not the point. If they admitted that then I'd think more of them. Its when they dress it up as playing at a higher level bla bla bla when we all know its about £££. It insults our intelligence as fans

Fg I suspect that you turn a blind eye to their reason for leaving other clubs when they sign for us. Am I right?

Fg I suspect that you turn a blind eye to their reason for leaving other clubs when they sign for us. Am I right?

Well clearly its a step up when they come to us becasue rovers are the greatest team in the world....right?? :rover:

Not to mention that Neill had easily paid his dues for the club that gave him the chance to play on the big stage before he left, unlike a certain young central defender...

Not to mention that Neill had easily paid his dues for the club that gave him the chance to play on the big stage before he left, unlike a certain young central defender...

Why hadn't Phil Jones paid his dues, if that is who you mean? He'd put in enough performances to suggest that his potential was worth 16.5million. The club made millions out of his talent. He more than paid his dues to the club, and his sale should have lead to a general improving of the squad as a whole.

If Liverpool got him, many of us would say 'fair enough'. Lucash didn't, he went to West Ham who were at the same level as us, if not worse. He may have actually turned down a move to Liverpool as well, though I may be wrong.

Beside player greed also had a lot to do with West Ham's stupidity and an Agent (900k for the Neil deal) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2040773/Andy-Carrolls-agent-reveals-footballs-dirty-secrets.html .

"Harrison admits he freely took advantage of the naivety of West Ham chairman Eggert Magnusson to pocket £900,000 in commission in the deal to sign Lucas Neill. He added: 'The best way is to get a "friendly agent" to act on behalf of the club - that way you can split the commission with someone you trust.

'If, for example, the agent is based in Monaco, the club will pay his commission into an offshore account and he will pay the player's agent. It's all untraceable."

Interestingly all these years later and the FA still refuse to investigate certain Agents despite having evidence. Just imagine if an agent was also associated with an FA business partner, they could run riot.

Why hadn't Phil Jones paid his dues, if that is who you mean? He'd put in enough performances to suggest that his potential was worth 16.5million. The club made millions out of his talent. He more than paid his dues to the club, and his sale should have lead to a general improving of the squad as a whole.

Skimmed off in giving poor players lucrative contracts so that they in turn can pay the 'fixers' their %age.

I feel that a player should complete at least one season at the club who trained him and gave him the chance to play professionally before he jumps ship to more money and glory, just as every player should have at east one season to prove themselves in a team.

I feel that a player should complete at least one season at the club who trained him and gave him the chance to play professionally before he jumps ship to more money and glory, just as every player should have at east one season to prove themselves in a team.

Well, he did play one season.

To be fair, the club agreed to the release cause and so they must have been happy enough to sell at that price when the contract was signed.

I can't blame him for wanting to jump ship in a season in which Allardyce was sacked and a needless relegation scrap was forced on us by appointing and then sticking by the hapless Kean.

Ultimately, Jones had a choice - would it be best for him, his career and his life to work under Steve Kean or Alex Ferguson?

Beside player greed also had a lot to do with West Ham's stupidity and an Agent (900k for the Neil deal) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2040773/Andy-Carrolls-agent-reveals-footballs-dirty-secrets.html .

"Harrison admits he freely took advantage of the naivety of West Ham chairman Eggert Magnusson to pocket £900,000 in commission in the deal to sign Lucas Neill. He added: 'The best way is to get a "friendly agent" to act on behalf of the club - that way you can split the commission with someone you trust.

'If, for example, the agent is based in Monaco, the club will pay his commission into an offshore account and he will pay the player's agent. It's all untraceable."

Interestingly all these years later and the FA still refuse to investigate certain Agents despite having evidence. Just imagine if an agent was also associated with an FA business partner, they could run riot.

'Harrison has claimed to Sportsmail that one club are 'under the protection of the FA'.

He insists the club use the same agent for all their deals and that there are kickbacks as a reward.

Sportsmail has been unable to substantiate this allegation, but he has notified the FA of his concerns.'

I wonder who he was speaking about there :rock: Right in the middle of our destruction

Had the club believed that he had paid his dues he would have been sold willingly. As it happened he relied on a clause in his contract to leave when the club who made him wanted him to stay a little longer.

It's done him no good as he is just employed as a fill in anywhere player at United instead of a proper career in one position.

• Backroom

Had the club believed that he had paid his dues he would have been sold willingly. As it happened he relied on a clause in his contract to leave when the club who made him wanted him to stay a little longer.

It's done him no good as he is just employed as a fill in anywhere player at United instead of a proper career in one position.

We're unwilling to sell Rhodes unless a certain valuation is met, too. But surely he's paid his dues by saving us from relegation last season? On top of keeping us ticking over this season while we build a playoff push?

We're unwilling to sell Rhodes unless a certain valuation is met, too. But surely he's paid his dues by saving us from relegation last season? On top of keeping us ticking over this season while we build a playoff push?

I think I already made that point on another thread. No argument there.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good thus far. What can I say Shebby Singh is a football genius.

Yep, is there no end to the man's talents? Potting Kean, buying Rhodes and spotting Sherwood Lol.

On a serious note however it seems that BRAG may have been campaigning against the wrong man when they lumped Sherwood into the "novice manager" category alongside the likes of McKinlay - something many fans were not happy with at the time.

Yep, is there no end to the man's talents? Potting Kean, buying Rhodes and spotting Sherwood Lol.

On a serious note however it seems that BRAG may have been campaigning against the wrong man when they lumped Sherwood into the "novice manager" category alongside the likes of McKinlay - something many fans were not happy with at the time.

Yes Rev I have this horrible vision of the bespectacled one bending Desai's ear with a never ending barrage of I told you so's and how he should have been left to run the club. Thankully just pure luck on Shebsters part rather than any sort of savvy. Still I bet he has a @#/? eating grin everytime Spurs win.

Archived