BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tragic news

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's also no such thing as a safe human . Any human- however well trained - can turn in an instant.

http://www.dailymail...ience-seen.html

http://www.dailymail...-community.html

Also this tragedy: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2586562/DOZENS-dead-dogs-Detroit-park-snow-thaws.html if no one posted this, catching up here. Dogs bred for fighting originally it seems. Hope they catch the responsible and send them to gaol for a long time. I realise that in the poor areas of a city like Detroit, there may be some desensitised to this. <--- Meaning, I suppose some people see this as a past-time the way there is Rooster fighting in some locales, I would be led to believe in places like Latin America.

Part two of that Dangerous Dogs programme is on tonight.

Here's my latest episode. After work yesterday I decided to go for a pint. My route to the pub is partly via a secluded little road through Healey Dell nature park. Given the fact that part of the site is the old Turner Brothers Asbestos factory there are signs all over the place warning dog owners not to let their dogs off their leads for Health and Safety reasons. I'm walking along but it starts to rain so I put my baseball cap on. After a short while I notice a woman about sixty yards in front of me with five dogs, three small ones and two big Alsatians, All the dogs are on leads so I decide to walk slowly behind her. All of a sudden a guy comes around the corner with two Dobermans off their leads. He stops and begins chatting with the woman. Effectively they're blocking my way.

At this point I decide to turn around and go back the other way, discretion being the better part of valour and all that. I'd gone back about fifty yards when I meet another woman with two kids and two little snappy dogs. Again the dogs are off their leads. They both make a bee line for me, one in particular is barking and snarling like a mad thing but is careful to stay out of booting range.

I say to the woman " Haven't you seen all the signs, dogs should be on leads down here ". She replies " It's your hat, he can't stand caps or hats, take your hat off and you'll be alright " !

Given the fact it was pissing down I declined her advice. Come on " Otto man ", what did I do wrong again ?

Here's my latest episode. After work yesterday I decided to go for a pint. My route to the pub is partly via a secluded little road through Healey Dell nature park. Given the fact that part of the site is the old Turner Brothers Asbestos factory there are signs all over the place warning dog owners not to let their dogs off their leads for Health and Safety reasons. I'm walking along but it starts to rain so I put my baseball cap on. After a short while I notice a woman about sixty yards in front of me with five dogs, three small ones and two big Alsatians, All the dogs are on leads so I decide to walk slowly behind her. All of a sudden a guy comes around the corner with two Dobermans off their leads. He stops and begins chatting with the woman. Effectively they're blocking my way.

At this point I decide to turn around and go back the other way, discretion being the better part of valour and all that. I'd gone back about fifty yards when I meet another woman with two kids and two little snappy dogs. Again the dogs are off their leads. They both make a bee line for me, one in particular is barking and snarling like a mad thing but is careful to stay out of booting range.

I say to the woman " Haven't you seen all the signs, dogs should be on leads down here ". She replies " It's your hat, he can't stand caps or hats, take your hat off and you'll be alright " !

Given the fact it was pissing down I declined her advice. Come on " Otto man ", what did I do wrong again ?

Dogs can smell fear born out of ignorance. My parents got a dog when I was at primary school. No problem since. Generally Asians are afraid of dogs because they are not brought up with them.

Dogs can smell fear born out of ignorance. My parents got a dog when I was at primary school. No problem since. Generally Asians are afraid of dogs because they are not brought up with them.

Another one who is missing the point. Why should I be inconvenienced because two selfish, stupid dog owners can't obey a simple instruction to keep their dogs on a lead because the area is totally contaminated by Asbestos waste. The instruction is there for their own benefit. The way I wanted to go by is an asphalt road, the way I ended up taking is a muddy footpath and it took about 15 minute longer in the bloody rain.

Keep the dogs on a lead and everybody is happy.

Another one who is missing the point. Why should I be inconvenienced because two selfish, stupid dog owners can't obey a simple instruction to keep their dogs on a lead because the area is totally contaminated by Asbestos waste. The instruction is there for their own benefit. The way I wanted to go by is an asphalt road, the way I ended up taking is a muddy footpath and it took about 15 minute longer in the bloody rain.

Keep the dogs on a lead and everybody is happy.

The presence of asbestos waste is irrelevant - I suggest the issue is your unease around dogs.`

Tyrone. What stopped you moving in your original direction other than an irrational fear of dogs?(which is not a dig by the way) Were you subject to aggressive behaviour from the dogs in front of you? Only you can overcome your phobia and you won't do that by avoiding contact at every turn. As long as you demonise mutts they'll always remain devils, so no matter what the circumstance being out in public holds the potential to be problematic for you. Dog ownership always has been and always will be a part of life and either you will learn to deal with that or not. The choice is yours.

The presence of asbestos waste is irrelevant - I suggest the issue is your unease around dogs.`

Phobia's happen though don't they? My daughters terrified of spiders. Similar kind of thing I guess.

Alternatively Tyrone you might take your own advice..... http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/30186-is-world-war-3-about-to-kick-off-starting-in-ukraine/?p=1499004

Oh dear, tonights programme was a real eye opener. You obviously don't have to be a moron to be a dog owner but there seems to be plenty about if that film is anything to go by. The guy who complained that his dog's " human rights " were being infringed said more than I ever could.

Most dog attacks take place in the home and most victims of dog attacks are the dogs owners apparently. The programme wasn't all bad news for me then.

Oh dear, tonights programme was a real eye opener. You obviously don't have to be a moron to be a dog owner but there seems to be plenty about if that film is anything to go by. The guy who complained that his dogs " human rights " were being infringed said more than I ever could.

Most dog attacks take place in the home and most victims of dog attacks are the dogs owners apparently. The programme wasn't all bad news for me then.

So you have even less to worry about then!

As we speak my old dogs curled up at the bottom of my bed keeping my feet nice and warm, hope he doesn't turn rabid during the night and gnaw me to death with the few remaining teeth he has left.

There are just some horrid people around...

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/19/prison-locking-up-dog-die-bristol-katy-gammon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-26563326

But although i would agree the owners are a key part in a way a dog behaves, there are plenty of examples where a innocuous family pet has unprovokedly attacked someone, usually a child. Personally I'd sooner risk being attacked by a Springer than a Rottie, no matter how "soft" they normally are.

As we speak my old dogs curled up at the bottom of my bed keeping my feet nice and warm, hope he doesn't turn rabid during the night and gnaw me to death with the few remaining teeth he has left.

Don't be too complacent, he could still give you a nasty suck.

Bloody wimp. The dogs were obviously relaxed with one another. Just walk past them. You have a phobia pal. Nowt wrong with the dogs.

Archived