BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tragic news

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

You can get by without a guide dog, but it's best not to 'discriminate' in an industry where 90% of new ventures fold in their 1st year. And they're better behaved than the woolly nutjob I have as my avatar.

You can get by without a guide dog, but it's best not to 'discriminate' in an industry where 90% of new ventures fold in their 1st year. And they're better behaved than the woolly nutjob I have as my avatar.

Nobby my point is that you run an equal(if not greater) risk of contracting something from a fellow human as from a dog so to exclude them from your local on health grounds is a nonsense. However would I take my mutt to a night out at the restaurant? Of course not! (It's bad enough having to take the mrs!) After all there's a time and a place for everything. :tu:

PS. For Gawds sake don't show my mrs this post :D

Assuming the dog doesn't spit or kean in the food, I don't see any health risk tbh.

Sometimes dogs hack, cough and spit on food, sounds like a funny scenario to be sitting in a restaurant if that occurred. Don't feed it chicken or fish bones.

Same as at the Market, I can see people bringing their dog in the store, no biggie but this one lady was carrying her miniature pup through the grocery line where others were. That was just one thing I chart off to a one-off, one-time deal and then think, no biggie, forget about it. The lady probably didn't think ahead about encountering that kind of situation.

Roundworms

Hookworm

Tapeworm

Lyme disease

Scabies

Ringworm

Fleas

Ticks

E.coli

to name a few. That's why most places serving food to the public don't permit dogs

A sanitised world would be no place to live - the human immune system is very robust as long as it gets enough exposure to bacteria.

If you knew what lived in your bed, you wouldn't sleep at night.

Roundworms

Hookworm

Tapeworm

Lyme disease

Scabies

Ringworm

Fleas

Ticks

E.coli

to name a few. That's why most places serving food to the public don't permit dogs

@#/? hell's mother@#/?ing tap-dancing Jesus H Christing hail mary cursing green radioactive bells, are you taking the mother@#/?ing mick?

Ticks on a dog! Give over. How often does that happen.

I won't take a bird on a date down your local Paul, wouldn't want you catching avian 'flu.

Guest Norbert

Better not post any letters on streets with any dogs then. Just in case.

Re Bryan: I'm not sure the beer is much good when the pumps are in a sterile oxygen tent.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/11039059.Royal_Mail_suspends_post_on_Blackburn_street_after_postman_bitten_by_dog/?ref=var_0

The owner of the dog, which is called Winston, said: “He’s never bitten before and everyone round here knows that he is safe"

So the Royal Mail are deliberately holding up a mail delivery to each one of those residents, Is that not a criminal offence? http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2000/26/part/V?

Surely not delivering to the address of the owner can be classed as "reasonable excuse" but to all the houses concerned? What next no post to be delivered to anybody who lives on a street where there might be somebody with a dog on a lead?

Stuart

Both the police and RSPCA clearly feel he poses no real danger,had they done so he would have been destroyed. You're as alarmist as a Daily Fail reporter Any reports on what the other 8,499,999 pet mutts in the UK have been up to?

The dog bit someone. Deep enough to draw blood.

The owner's response? "He's never done it before".

I wouldn't let my kids near a dog like that for exactly that reason.

If that's alarmist, I'll stay alarmist thanks.

Guest Norbert

Nothing like transferring your own fears onto your children. They must never go to the park in case some pervert rapes and murders them etc.

What a stupid comment.

I don't keep them away from imaginary dogs. I just wouldn't let them go up and stroke one. Are you saying you would have approached the one that bit the postie, or let your children? Well more fool you.

In terms of attitude and argument, dog owners are just like gun owners. :rolleyes:

The Post story is serious and deserves to be considered.

Here by contrast is a story about a dog maybe helping its owner find a lump that was cancerous.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/westminster-contender-saved-owner-life-article-1.1601212

Troy isn’t the only dog whose nose knows trouble. A 2003 study by the InSitu Foundation, which trains dogs to detect cancer in humans, found canines can sniff out lung and breast cancer by smelling a patient’s breath.

What a stupid comment.

I don't keep them away from imaginary dogs. I just wouldn't let them go up and stroke one. Are you saying you would have approached the one that bit the postie, or let your children? Well more fool you.

In terms of attitude and argument, dog owners are just like gun owners. :rolleyes:

I'll say the same for your post. Your prejudice and ignorance is staggering. :wacko:

I enjoy Otto Man's posts but all Stuart did was post a news article. I commend Stu as well and it's for all of us to read and draw our own conclusions, I didn't see him say anything of great controversy.

Post counter information or something or as they say, don't attack the messenger.

Archived