BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Adverts

• Backroom

Unsure how this thread will go tbh, but let's try it.

Adverts are the bane of television and radio. So much so that the advent of Sky+ has all but seen them eradicated from our viewing time. Or at least played at speed 30x that of real time! But I'd like to know what users' best and worst adverts are or were.

My favourite (and, as yet, unsurpassed in 9 years) is the 2005 Honda advert; Simon Paisley Day lip-syncs 'The Impossible Dream' by Andy Williams, while riding a succession of vintage Honda vehicles. I prefer the 2005 original to the 2010 extended version, ofc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZRp_9zGqHA

(Unsure how to embed videos)

So, what are your favourite and least favourite radio and TV adverts?

The old Nike adverts were the best. The Scorpion cage tournament one, the Brazil vs Portugal ole one, the Brazilian airport one, that one where they rescue the football from the ninja people.........And that Honda? one was good where all the car parts hit into each other in a sequence, you know which one I mean......yes you do because you've mentioned it.

The meerkat ones are the worst that I can think of. Or the Victor Chandler one.

I hate the Hive advert ... Controlling your heating remotely.. It's just stupid and I have to switch over .. Also don't like all the payday/extortionate money lenders (24567%apr) . Dreadful.

I used to like the Peter Kay John Smiths ads and quite like the one at the minute with the cat and girl singing the Starship song . Although not sure of the relevance of it.

• Backroom

Guinness make some real crackers, and this always made me laugh

Real 'emperor's new clothes' about the Cadbury ads though

Always see that barman in Blackburn asda for some reason, always makes me chuckle

The old Smash adverts still crack me up :)

I remember going to a pre season friendly at Sheffield utd around 1975ish and we went through Huddersfield on the way. As we were going through the town centre it was windows down and in best robotic voices "Where are we now- Huddersfield" The Locals were not impressed and had probably heard it a few times before.

• Backroom

Lots of complaints about PaddyPower's advert for betting on the outcome of the Oscar Pistorius trial.

Personally, I find their slogan 'refund bets if he walks' more offensive than anyone choosing to bet. People have been betting on trials for years!

The man (while appearing guilty) is still innocent in the eyes of the law and to apparently mock his disability in that way is completely distasteful imo.

Lots of complaints about PaddyPower's advert for betting on the outcome of the Oscar Pistorius trial.

Personally, I find their slogan 'refund bets if he walks' more offensive than anyone choosing to bet. People have been betting on trials for years!

The man (while appearing guilty) is still innocent in the eyes of the law and to apparently mock his disability in that way is completely distasteful imo.

For what was only a 1 day advert campaign, people have ensured that it carries on. Funny how in all the news stories they are showing the advert therefore giving Paddy Power more advertising. They're not daft!

Archived