BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Which is more preferable?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you look at Rovers league position throughout the course of the season they were never in it for a play off spot!

This despite having one of the best strikers for this league in the team.

When you look at Rovers league position throughout the course of the season they were never in it for a play off spot!

This despite having one of the best strikers for this league in the team.

And one of the largest squads and highest wage bills. You can draw your own conclusions.

Oh and it's always Rovers to win for me. If Rovers lose it doesn't cheer me up one iota if Burnley have also lost. It's called professionally sport for a reason. Aspire to be the best you can be at all times.

Rovers to win. I hope the Dingles do go up, then next season we can watch them getting tubbed every week. Then to rub it in, swap leagues with them at the end of the season.

As a club, if we get promoted, we will be laughing along with you, all the way to the bank!

Not so sure on swapping leagues, with your finances the way they are then I'm not sure how you can improve on your current squad - unless of course you can tempt the leagues best manager El Dychio to join you :-)

I think we have the honour (?) of being the one of only 2 teams to have won all 4 divisions - the other being Wolves.

Now enough of all this defeatist nonsense, get out there and smash QPR :-)

Where is the defeatism in there?

Doubt we will beat QPR as we are not good enough, but still want us to win all games

I think we have the honour (?) of being the one of only 2 teams to have won all 4 divisions - the other being Wolves.

Now enough of all this defeatist nonsense, get out there and smash QPR :-)

Come on Longers, tell us a few tales about the 'old 4th Division' none of us on here have any experience of that league whatsoever. :rover:

Do you know it remains some of my favourite times following Burnley. Real football grounds with only posh keans sitting down - not a prawn sarnie in sight. Mind you it used to get a bit tasty for my liking, some serious lads following us and a few other teams back in the day.

We were also something of a big fish so generally the away followings were the largest of the season everywhere we went - it often felt like the away fans outnumbered the home.

And do you know the football wasn't all bad. Oh sure it wasn't like watching Brazil but we also rarely saw a somersault followed by a triple salko for the slightest (or no) contact. But back then it was as much about the day out, the crack, the banter as it was the quality of the footie. Oh and most footballers were not complete keans who were up their own keans and they didn't treat fans like keans!

Now leaving aside the fact that you want your team to play at the highest level you can possibly get to and you want to see some quality footy, they were good times

Your in for an eye opener with PNE Windy lol their hardcore fans hate Rovers almost as much as Burnley do. There's been clashes with them in the past and they make some modern day dingles look positively serene, even they've become more civilised after being in the Champ a while. Any team with a number of hoolies from the lower divs are still stuck in the 80's because they still get away with it down there to some extent. they'll be looking to make their mark on Blackburn if it's a weekend game make no mistake !

Archived