BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Which is more preferable?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PNE civilised, you must be joking. They are the most bitter of the all the Lancashire teams. They go on about how big they are. We all know they've done nothing in living memory and not much before that. Now that the wife beater is dead they have nothing left.

Who is this referring to ? If it's who I think it is, then it's libellous.

Burnley would probably go up if they didn't win another game all season. Derby and QPR are probably lucky that nobody is pushing for 6th spot otherwise they would be seriously looking over their shoulders on recent form.

• Moderation Lead

If Burnley fans are living in the past Abs why is there a link to all the trophies Rovers have won on here - Weren't only two of them in the last 114 years? :-)

Oh and you can't libel the dead.

Can't take those trophies away though, just did it to dispell a classic Burnley myth about all success being bought by Jack Walker. We won one title, despite Man United spending more than us and breaking the transfer record to sign Andy Cole, replacing Cantona during his ban.

Nothing wrong with being proud of our history, fans of a lot of clubs would give their right nut to have such a trophy haul for a comparitively small club.

If Burnley fans are living in the past Abs why is there a link to all the trophies Rovers have won on here - Weren't only two of them in the last 114 years? :-)

Oh and you can't libel the dead.

That leaves Mr Lord wide open then

:D

Hang fire, I didn't libel anybody - I was just pointing out the law.

Indeed KHOD - though to put the record straight Jack did bankroll the success you had from the late 80's on - without his money and vision it is beyond belief that you would have enjoyed the success you did. That isn't a criticism by the way, simple history - and if it isn't simple history, why do Rovers fans hold him in such high regard? I've read the United spent more than we did stuff - that doesn't cover wage bills in the years leading upto it, or indeed spend in the years prior to your win. It also doesn't address the spend to turnover ratios! Jack spent a small fortune to win the title, a little more to then get the club onto a near self sustaining footing and I would not have objected had somebody done it for my club, it must have been great for him, and you all, to live the dream for a while.

Anyhow, we need all the help we can get so I'll be hoping you win

Hang fire, I didn't libel anybody - I was just pointing out the law.

Indeed KHOD - though to put the record straight Jack did bankroll the success you had from the late 80's on - without his money and vision it is beyond belief that you would have enjoyed the success you did. That isn't a criticism by the way, simple history - and if it isn't simple history, why do Rovers fans hold him in such high regard? I've read the United spent more than we did stuff - that doesn't cover wage bills in the years leading upto it, or indeed spend in the years prior to your win. It also doesn't address the spend to turnover ratios! Jack spent a small fortune to win the title, a little more to then get the club onto a near self sustaining footing and I would not have objected had somebody done it for my club, it must have been great for him, and you all, to live the dream for a while.

Anyhow, we need all the help we can get so I'll be hoping you win

Absolute bullshit!!! EVERY team tries to buy the league . Have burnley got every player for nothing ? Do burnley not buy players services ?

It don't matter whether you pay 100000000000 a week or buy a pub player a pint on Sunday morning .. It's still buying success .

No bull at all abs - it is to do with whether you are spending money you generate or money from a benefactor.

Anyway my first comment was a bit of banter aimed at you abs - surprised nobody has pulled me up on it as I'm fairly sure you did win a couple of league 1 titles and FA cups early in the 20th century? - no point doing the whole Jack Walker debate over again, it is hardly likely we are going to agree is it.

And I'll still hope you can help us out, we are going to need all the help we can get.

No bull at all abs - it is to do with whether you are spending money you generate or money from a benefactor.

Anyway my first comment was a bit of banter aimed at you abs - surprised nobody has pulled me up on it as I'm fairly sure you did win a couple of league 1 titles and FA cups early in the 20th century? - no point doing the whole Jack Walker debate over again, it is hardly likely we are going to agree is it.

And I'll still hope you can help us out, we are going to need all the help we can get.

Credit where credit is due,

you did win the 4th division, which is something we will never win

:P

Guest Wen Y Hu

I have removed a post that does not belong on this messageboard. I'm sorry that a number of other posts that quoted the post have also been removed.

If a post is against the messageboard guidelines or is objectionable on other grounds, please do not respond to it but simply report it using the Report function.

Credit where credit is due,

you did win the 4th division, which is something we will never win

:P

I think we have the honour (?) of being the one of only 2 teams to have won all 4 divisions - the other being Wolves.

Now enough of all this defeatist nonsense, get out there and smash QPR :-)

I have removed a post that does not belong on this messageboard. I'm sorry that a number of other posts that quoted the post have also been removed.

If a post is against the messageboard guidelines or is objectionable on other grounds, please do not respond to it but simply report it using the Report function.

I wish you hadn't posted that. I'm itching to know what you deleted now. :wacko:

Archived