BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 19 Years Ago Today

This is a MUST. Will ensure it is on the agenda to be raised at the next FF meeting to get the clubs thoughts.

The club should ask for the last game of the season to be at home, and they should invite the entire first team and backroom staff from that season and JWs family along and get them on the pitch before the game with their medals and the trophy, and organise a fans mural around the ground, make it a special day.

The club should ask for the last game of the season to be at home, and they should invite the entire first team and backroom staff from that season and JWs family along and get them on the pitch before the game with their medals and the trophy, and organise a fans mural around the ground, make it a special day.

Good idea. Can't see Jacks family turning up though.......or Venkys.

Good idea. Can't see Jacks family turning up though.......or Venkys.

Who said Venkys where invited?

We could ask the league for dispensation to play in replicas of the 94/95 shirt too.

Oh God; what memories that evokes; many thanks, Kamy. I watched it with my mates in The Manxman [wasn't there a Sky TV crew there watching us watching the game - how Alan Partridge was that?!] and towards the end the tension just got too much for me; I couldn't watch any longer and had to take my pint outside. Then the good news came through and the whole pub erupted. I remember one of my mates telling the Sky TV crew how much he, erm, "freaking" loved this club! :o;)

Then about a dozen of us went into town and ended up in an Italian restaurant on King William Street. God knows how I got back home to Rochdale that night!

While, of course, it's bloody annoying to see us where we are now, youtube cane remind us how good the glory days were and for me the clip on here has been a severe test of my self-discipline. My first proper job in the mid-1960s was in Liverpool and I'm still in touch with some of my old workmates from those days; it's been a real test of friendship this last few days not to gloat to them about the exclusivity of the Premier League-winners Club not having been diluted this year!

Should be a town wide celebration with a series of planned events.The complete title winning side,Dalglish,Shearer and all versus the present.It was a magnificent achievement that the whole town should take great pride in.

As one great man used to say... THINK BIG.

we may well have been one season wonders

dont forget finishing 4th and 2nd before. a lot of work went into putting that squad together. seeing the progress over the previous seasons was also a massive part of the fun for me. like the chase being better than when u finally get it!!

Archived