• Respect
    • Democratic Unionist Party
    • Plaid Cymru
    • SDLP
    • Alliance Party
    • No one - They are all a shower of s#@t

You wouldn't be allowed back in Blighty if I was 😱

Gave you that one.

But the fact you could only fathom one reason why British citizens could be living and working abroad does show an unfortunate lack of breadth to your horizons Abbey. And that your mind went straight to abandonment is interesting. The pop psychologist may think you have an issue with that particular word.

Anyway the law says I, along with millions of other British citizens abroad can vote in all elections for up to 15 years. Although many of them don't, I plan on exercising my democratic right. I am British, my children will be British. I may want to bring my Korean wife back to England soon. This election has everything to do with me and the other 5 million odd Brits abroad.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't try and fathom anything. You must be the only person on this board who never posts anything on rovers. You only come on here to sprout pompous drivel.

Then that might be your problem.

I read the Rovers board. It's difficult to have an informed opinion when all I see is the Football League Show highlights. I'd rather listen to those who went to the game.

I do post in ICBINF because I have valid opinions that I want to share.

You are right - I don't post in many threads around the board. And yet it still feels like I've wasted too much of my time responding to you.

Anyway, enough about me. Back to the election talk.

With the Lib Dems polling below UKIP it is looking more and more like there will be a minority Tory government. This is why I think UKIP are so dangerous. They won't be in government, but they will pull the Tories to the right, otherwise we will be back to the polls within a few years.

Then that might be your problem.

I read the Rovers board. It's difficult to have an informed opinion when all I see is the Football League Show highlights. I'd rather listen to those who went to the game.

I do post in ICBINF because I have valid opinions that I want to share.

You are right - I don't post in many threads around the board. And yet it still feels like I've wasted too much of my time responding to you.

Anyway, enough about me. Back to the election talk.

With the Lib Dems polling below UKIP it is looking more and more like there will be a minority Tory government. This is why I think UKIP are so dangerous. They won't be in government, but they will pull the Tories to the right, otherwise we will be back to the polls within a few years.

I really hope you are right. A Tory minority bolstered by an alliance with UKIP would be ideal for Britain.

I really hope you are right. A Tory minority bolstered by an alliance with UKIP would be ideal for Britain.

If we had to have a coalition that would be my choice too. I'm not particularly wanting to see elected representatives in Westminster voting to effectively break up of the union. Nor do I believe the guff from the SNP this morning that we should bin off Trident and spend the money on air craft carriers and navy ships. For staters one is the ultimate deterrent to nuclear attack and secondly the others being more offensive in nature. Besides that ships on the high seas are just sitting bloody ducks nowadays with the worldwide advances in weaponry.

I might be wrong but I'd imagine thats why the Royal Yacht Brittania was decommisoned. A stray exocet or armed drone in the hands of a terrorist force wouldn't bear thinking about.

Not going to happen thankfully :tu:

Should it come down to it has anybody reckoned up the likely number of seats forecast to be held by a probable Lab + SNP coalition compared to the likely number held by a Tory + UKIP equivalent? I would definitely prefer the latter and take a strongly pro British government over an anti British govt everyday. I dread to think how the economy and the nations wealth creators would fare in Ed and Nicola's hands.

You obviously would prefer the anti's to run the show gav. Why? You aren't on a zero hours contract are you? tbh I can think of no other reason whatsoever.

I heard Grant Shaps saying the Tories only need an extra 11k votes to secure a tory government in the next parliament, which is a simplistic way of putting things I agree, but brings home how close things are.

Ed Miliband looks to be getting stronger by the day as far as I’m concerned, and Cameron looks a worried man the more I see of him. I’m not a labour or conservative voter by the way that’s just how I see things. The conservatives have realised, probably to late, they’ve taken Ed far too lightly and painting him and Balls as buffoons seems to have backfired.

Labour won’t get an overall majority, but they’ll be able form a government and if nothing else they’ll hopefully look after the less privileged in society and take care of the North, to expect anymore than that would be unwise.

Going off current forecasts, I can't see how the Conservatives could possibly form a government even if they joined up with UKIP and Lib Dems again.

Current polls suggest

conservatives 270 seats

UKIP 3

Lib Dem 25

Total 298

They would however need 326 to have a majority and that is going to be VERY hard to get with no other parties interested in doing a deal with them. UKIP predicted seats of 3 are neither going to help or be of any impact in Government even if they tried to form a coalition.

Currently it shows

Labour 274

SNP 55

Lib Dem 25

So I wonder if Labour are actually thinking of doing a deal with Lib Dems (can only think this after how plainly Ed rejected the SNP on the last debate) to get them into a minority government and rely on SNP not to rock too many boats and in fact would support more Labour legislation anyway. Personally, I think I would prefer that scenario.

Going off current forecasts, I can't see how the Conservatives could possibly form a government even if they joined up with UKIP and Lib Dems again.

Current polls suggest

conservatives 270 seats

UKIP 3

Lib Dem 25

Total 298

They would however need 326 to have a majority and that is going to be VERY hard to get with no other parties interested in doing a deal with them. UKIP predicted seats of 3 are neither going to help or be of any impact in Government even if they tried to form a coalition.

Currently it shows

Labour 274

SNP 55

Lib Dem 25

So I wonder if Labour are actually thinking of doing a deal with Lib Dems (can only think this after how plainly Ed rejected the SNP on the last debate) to get them into a minority government and rely on SNP not to rock too many boats and in fact would support more Labour legislation anyway. Personally, I think I would prefer that scenario.

Need less than 326 as Sinn Fein don't turn up. So effectively that's a parliament of 645 seats at present, with 9 unionists most likely to support Conservatives, Cameron & other 'partners' need about 315.

The Tories ought to be miles ahead in the polls. Their policies are popular with some people, Cameron is perceived as more prime ministerial than Ed Miliband, and the right wing press is batting for the side as usual by publishing deceitful lies and scare stories about the opposition. Yet people are still reluctant to vote Conservative. The Tories' problem is one of image and reputation - they have never shaken off the Nasty party tag, a toxic brand that represents the rich and the uncaring. Thirty years on, Thatcher's poisonous legacy continues.

The Tories ought to be miles ahead in the polls. Their policies are popular with some people, Cameron is perceived as more prime ministerial than Ed Miliband, and the right wing press is batting for the side as usual by publishing deceitful lies and scare stories about the opposition. Yet people are still reluctant to vote Conservative. The Tories' problem is one of image and reputation - they have never shaken off the Nasty party tag, a toxic brand that represents the rich and the uncaring. Thirty years on, Thatcher's poisonous legacy continues.

Are you revisiting your greatest hits? I'm pretty certain you posted this 5 years ago.

And yet Labour couldn't oust Thatcher and her poison during the 80's and it doesn't look like Labour are going to get an overall majority in this election.

Doesn't add up Jim.

Labour won’t get an overall majority, but they’ll be able form a government and if nothing else they’ll hopefully look after the less privileged in society and take care of the North, to expect anymore than that would be unwise.

Eh? Why would they? Thats naive tbh cos they didn't do it last time did they?

In fact Prescott (MP for Hull) was busily trying to build masses of houses on Brownfield sites in the SE corner of the country.

Eh? Why would they? Thats naive tbh cos they didn't do it last time did they?

In fact Prescott (MP for Hull) was busily trying to build masses of houses on Brownfield sites in the SE corner of the country.

Do you believe the austerity cuts would have been worse felt in the North had labour been in power? and especially in the North West and North East?

I read recently that the cuts meant around £500 per person around here, Merseyside was more like £800 compared to SE and London which was £300, how can that possibly be right?

Call me naive but I really believe Labour wouldn’t have done that if they’d been in power.

The SNP want to increase spending by £140bn over the next 5 years and haven't said how they would raise it so in other words 'borrowing'. There could be a money tree in scrapping Trident but I cannot see that happening as Labour would never agree to it plus if you look at the polling on specific issues most people are still in favor of keeping a nuclear deterrent.

It does make me laugh how the SNP and other left wing parties preach Keynes but forget that the whole point of Keynesian economics was to run a surplus during the good times and save for that inevitable rainy day. When the rainy day comes then you run a deficit by spending money on public projects like infrastructure to create growth.

Even as someone who utterly despises Labour and Miliband I would still take a majority Labour government for 5 years over a Lab/SNP coalition or pact.

I heard Grant Shaps saying the Tories only need an extra 11k votes to secure a tory government in the next parliament, which is a simplistic way of putting things I agree, but brings home how close things are.[/size]

Ed Miliband looks to be getting stronger by the day as far as I’m concerned, and Cameron looks a worried man the more I see of him. I’m not a labour or conservative voter by the way that’s just how I see things. The conservatives have realised, probably to late, they’ve taken Ed far too lightly and painting him and Balls as buffoons seems to have backfired.[/size]

Labour won’t get an overall majority, but they’ll be able form a government and if nothing else they’ll hopefully look after the less privileged in society and take care of the North, to expect anymore than that would be unwise. [/size]

If by the "less privileged" you mean the workshy then you are probably right. Personally I want to see people rewarded for working and not for being part of the benefits brigade. The Conservatives are the ones to do that for me and UKIP will get me out of the federal Europe.

and yoda? Would you let him, as an example, back in? ottoman suns himself in Cyprus I believe. No vote for him then and best he burns his passport as he wont need it to get back home under your rules.

How about Rudy Gestede? Hope you didn't cheer the Frenchman yesterday. His wife had a baby here a couple of years ago. Hopefully the NHS sent him the bill.

Olson. Hmmmm. Let's kick him out.

Are you going answer my question or not, is any one going answer my email about this ?

The SNP want to increase spending by £140bn over the next 5 years and haven't said how they would raise it so in other words 'borrowing'. There could be a money tree in scrapping Trident but I cannot see that happening as Labour would never agree to it plus if you look at the polling on specific issues most people are still in favor of keeping a nuclear deterrent.

It does make me laugh how the SNP and other left wing parties preach Keynes but forget that the whole point of Keynesian economics was to run a surplus during the good times and save for that inevitable rainy day. When the rainy day comes then you run a deficit by spending money on public projects like infrastructure to create growth.

Even as someone who utterly despises Labour and Miliband I would still take a majority Labour government for 5 years over a Lab/SNP coalition or pact.

£140bn represents an increase of just 0.5 per cent a year - miniscule in overall terms. The SNP also made clear how the money would be raised, matching Labour's policies on the 50p tax rate, mansion tax and bankers bonuses.

As someone who despises the Conservative party and everything it stands for I'd welcome a Milband - Sturgoen govt with open arms - this country needs radical change and they would deliver it. The 30-year free market Chicago Business School inspired neo-con policies have enriched the few at the expense of the many. It's time the left wing made a comeback.

Archived