• Scottish National Party
    • Green
    • Respect
    • Democratic Unionist Party
    • Plaid Cymru
    • SDLP
    • Alliance Party
    • No one - They are all a shower of s#@t

If there are more immigrants in that area, they won't vote for a party that wants to cap immigration will they?

Obviously but a couple of problems with that.

1. Foreign born immigrants are still a minority in almost all constituncies. If British born residents of these places saw a problem with immigration levels and supported UKIP policies it would still register on the map. But they don't.

2. Your point does not explain support for UKIP in areas of low immigration. Is it the EU they don't like? Are they people like Al who have moved out of an urban area?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gav,I hear on the grapevine that Theno got to know where you live ;)

Used to live pal.

I've got more things to worry about with a thread dedicated to slagging me off and TJ on the war path 😀

1. Foreign born immigrants are still a minority in almost all constituncies. If British born residents of these places saw a problem with immigration levels and supported UKIP policies it would still register on the map. But they don't.

2. Your point does not explain support for UKIP in areas of low immigration. Is it the EU they don't like? Is it people like Al who have moved out of an urban area?

Let's have it right. I don't like the EU the way it is. I voted for a common market and not a federal Europe. The problem that UKIP have is that many of the voters have always voted either Tory or Labour and you could put a monkey up and they would still vote for it. That is what UKIP is up against but if some of us vote for them maybe eventually the habitual voters will eventually see sense. Hopefully.

Cameron has just been savaged on the Andrew Marr show, he looks a worried man, rattled and prickly, the tide is certainly turning.

The ‘right to buy scheme’ hasn’t been thought out, with the potential social housing property sell off, some tenants being offered 70% discount, it could spell disaster for housing associations who have committed to borrowing based on rental income and 10yr business plans. The bedroom tax alone has had major negative impacts on housing associations, with them having to try and find smaller properties for tenants that they simply don’t have.

Ill thought out and policies thrown together on the back of a fag packet springs to mind.

Well I thought that Cameron conducted himself very well on that programme. Marr was struggling to attack him and finally had to resort to asking him if he supported foxhunting, an absolute irrelevance in terms of this election. Strange how people see what they want to see when it comes to a political discussion.

2. Your point does not explain support for UKIP in areas of low immigration. Is it the EU they don't like? Are they people like Al who have moved out of an urban area?

Or people that have abandoned the UK ? The election is a concern to you for what reason ?

Well I thought that Cameron conducted himself very well on that programme. Marr was struggling to attack him and finally had to resort to asking him if he supported foxhunting, an absolute irrelevance in terms of this election. Strange how people see what they want to see when it comes to a political discussion.

He was all over the place Al, he accused Marr of favouring the other leaders by not letting him finish his points! Ive never seen him so off his game, no wonder he refused to appear in the 2nd leaders debate.

It's been a bad few weeks for the Tories at the hand of Andrew Marr, Osbourne was slaughtered last week when he refused, 15 times I believe, to tell us where the money's coming from for funding of the NHS.

Why do you want to vote ? It's actually got NOTHING to do with you ! Your the one that has walked out and abandoned your country . I went to Zante last year for 2 weeks perhaps I should get a vote there .

Anyone who walks out on there own country should lose any right to vote in our elections . If you want a vote you should wIt two years when you eventually crawl back here .

It's been a bad few weeks for the Tories at the hand of Andrew Marr, Osbourne was slaughtered last week when he refused, 15 times I believe, to tell us where the money's coming from for funding of the NHS.

Same as with all money Gav. It has to come from the economy. Governments do not make money, only businesses. The economy is the engine room of any country. The stronger the economy the more money is available for public services.

Labour's economic record time and again and without exception has been woeful. The state of the economy on departing in 2010 compared to the strong one they inherited in 97 being an absolute disaster area. 'If you are wondering where the money is there is none' being the note left by Labours Liam Byrne in 2010.

Your country wants you oh sorry didn't know you were a big shot .

Are you there voluntarily or forced there ?

He's actually 008 Abs. Spying for the Government in Korea. Careful what you say or you could be in trouble with MI6. :)

He was all over the place Al, he accused Marr of favouring the other leaders by not letting him finish his points! Ive never seen him so off his game, no wonder he refused to appear in the 2nd leaders debate.

As I say people see what they want to see. He was right Marr would not let him finish his points and definitely favours Labour. When he had to resort to jibes about foxhunting it's time to pack it in.

and yoda? Would you let him, as an example, back in? ottoman suns himself in Cyprus I believe. No vote for him then and best he burns his passport as he wont need it to get back home under your rules.

How about Rudy Gestede? Hope you didn't cheer the Frenchman yesterday. His wife had a baby here a couple of years ago. Hopefully the NHS sent him the bill.

Olson. Hmmmm. Let's kick him out.

Same as with all money Gav. It has to come from the economy. Governments do not make money, only businesses. The economy is the engine room of any country. The stronger the economy the more money is available for public services.

Labour's economic record time and again and without exception has been woeful. The state of the economy on departing in 2010 compared to the strong one they inherited in 97 being an absolute disaster area. 'If you are wondering where the money is there is none' being the note left by Labours Liam Byrne in 2010.

Same old myths and rubbish. Do you never learn ?

The myth is based on a false premise - that the govt raises taxes from the private sector and then spends them. In reality it is the other way around. The Treasury forecasts the amount of tax it will receive based on its spending.

Governments create wealth when they provide any sort of private or public service - postal services, health services, transport, education. Wealth is also created when govt money is spent conducting research or invested in innovation. One such innovation which owes its existence to the govt is the internet.

If the govt decides to spend more in the public sector it raises more in tax. Tax comes back to the govt not just based on the amount public sector workers’ pay on their income but also based on the multiplier of all the spending of the public sector in the entire economy.

As for 1997 the economy was doing well for the last 3 years of 19 years of Tory misrule that included 3 recessions and boom and busts. We then had 10 years of unprecedented economic growth until the worldwide financial crisis led to a recession and the collapse of tax receipts and the bailout of the banks - the cause of the deficit.

This is not difficult to understand.

and yoda? Would you let him, as an example, back in? ottoman suns himself in Cyprus I believe. No vote for him then and best he burns his passport as he wont need it to get back home under your rules.

How about Rudy Gestede? Hope you didn't cheer the Frenchman yesterday. His wife had a baby here a couple of years ago. Hopefully the NHS sent him the bill.

Bitter n twisted spring to mind

Why are you asking me ?

Archived